I don't care about your dog

Tank

Look. We all love our pets. I have two cats, they are awesome and I adore them..., but I never expect or require any else to. Why do dog owners seem to be unable to think this way? Or even worse, why are so many of them OFFENDED when you don't automatically love their dogs? Why does not liking dogs in general make you a villain?

I don't care for dogs. But like, you can have one. I may or may not judge you for it, but that's my business. But if your dog comes running up to me in public, or if I come to your place and it starts jumping on me, or begging to have my food-- that shit isn't cute. Put your dog away. Why do you think it's okay to let your dogs idiot behavior be in somebody's else's face?

Ultimately, I feel like having a dog is like committing to having a low IQ toddler that's never going to get any smarter. You can't simply, leave your house and do something without it being a whole thing.

I will also say this, I won't date a single woman with a dog. I'll date women who have kids. I'll date women who have husbands. Better yet, I'll date a woman who has a dog if she has kids and a husband to watch the dog... but if it's JUST her and the dog? NEVER AGAIN. That four-legged cock-blocker makes sleepovers next to impossible, generally puts a time limit on dates, or worse, it comes along and does it's stupid dog shit in the middle of everything.

I just can't trust something that likes me THAT much without even knowing me.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Look. We all love our pets. I have two cats, they are awesome and I adore them..., but I never expect or require any else to. Why do dog owners seem to be unable to think this way? Or even worse, why are so many of them OFFENDED when you don't automatically love their dogs? Why does not liking dogs in general make you a villain?

I don't care for dogs. But like, you can have one. I may or may not judge you for it, but that's my business. But if your dog comes running up to me in public, or if I come to your place and it starts jumping on me, or begging to have my food-- that shit isn't cute. Put your dog away. Why do you think it's okay to let your dogs idiot behavior be in somebody's else's face?

Ultimately, I feel like having a dog is like committing to having a low IQ toddler that's never going to get any smarter. You can't simply, leave your house and do something without it being a whole thing.

I will also say this, I won't date a single woman with a dog. I'll date women who have kids. I'll date women who have husbands. Better yet, I'll date a woman who has a dog if she has kids and a husband to watch the dog... but if it's JUST her and the dog? NEVER AGAIN. That four-legged cock-blocker makes sleepovers next to impossible, generally puts a time limit on dates, or worse, it comes along and does it's stupid dog shit in the middle of everything.

I fucking love dogs.  Dogs are the fucking best. 

But please, stop bringing your dog to the store and please leash your dog.  I am a total Karen when it comes to this shit.

And don't get me started on a'holes letting their dogs run off-leash on hiking trails. Can't count the number of times I've had crazed hellbeasts approach me growling while some patchouli-scented twit goes "He's friendly, mister!" and then get all butthurt when I tell them that Cujo needs to be on a leash. Also the penalty for letting your ickle Fifi take a giant shit in a park or on a trail should be death.

I love dogs but yes. But I can also find a pet sitter easier than a kid babysitter. So there's that.

We don't take ours a lot of places. When we go on walks I try to avoid people because she's a 90 lb toddler. She hates car rides. But if it's a long weekend and we are driving we try to take her with. She hates the drive but she's happy to be with us. And we pick up her poop.

I like dogs and consider myself an animal lover, but I am primarily a cat person, too.  I don't like being pawed at or jumped on by dogs I don't know.  People who fail to control their dogs are ultimately to blame.

15 hours ago, RUAJedi2 said:

And don't get me started on a'holes letting their dogs run off-leash on hiking trails. Can't count the number of times I've had crazed hellbeasts approach me growling while some patchouli-scented twit goes "He's friendly, mister!" and then get all butthurt when I tell them that Cujo needs to be on a leash. Also the penalty for letting your ickle Fifi take a giant shit in a park or on a trail should be death.

I hate that as well on the trails. I've got a park I walk in and his dog Heinz is the bestest boy as a bouncy jack russell but it irritates me to living hell he lets Heinz loose. I tell him he'll regret it if his dog finds a porcupine, or some mom overreacts and curb stomps him to protect her kid.

On the subject of poop my neighbor has a super shy german shepperd but I swear it's killed so many of my plants from it's poop and urine because he just lets him out every morning unsupervised to do his business.

My younger brother (I have four brothers, two older and two younger) and his family got a dog a couple of years ago and one of my parents regularly walks a friend's dog and I often see that one too

Both nice dogs and I like to indulge them for an hour or two (and am usually interested in other people's dogs if they are well behaved and not a stupid breed), but the thought of owning either or them or any other dog terrifies me, especially because of the low IQ toddler aspect and everything else

My youngest brother and his partner also have a dog, but not much for longer and they won't be getting another one when it dies because they want to have a dog-free life

My nephew (younger brother's son) doesn't like dogs at all, but his partner either has or used to have one (would be / would have been a family dog) and would like to get another; watching them try to work this difference of opinion out is funny

I'm definitely a cat person, although I couldn't cope with the expense of owning one

On 1/13/2024 at 4:14 PM, Tank said:

You've just revealed yourself as the worst person of all time to ever live ever.

4 hours ago, Jedigoat said:

You've just revealed yourself as the worst person of all time to ever live ever.

Yep, it says in the Bible "And the Lord thy God did command 'Thou shalt keepeth dogs in thine abode to be blessed in My sight.' "

My friend in Oregon can't take her dog to the beach because everyone else lets their dogs off-leash to run around pooping everywhere and being an annoyance, and possibly a threat, to other people. Leash laws ought to be enforced more. I don't care if you think your dog is the most harmless baby ever to live, I don't know that and I don't want him running up to me. And what's the deal with people who cannot resist running over to every single dog they see to ask if they can pet it? I love dogs, but I never do this. I don't' think that the owners or the dogs like it when strangers go up to them like that. 

This is all why I don’t take my dog places.  He’s a very little guy who wants to be petted by everyone and will try to make sure he gets those pets by standing up on people’s legs. Yeah, I did a horrible job trying to prevent this back when I got him.  The problem I had was that I was completely alone then and wanted a lap dog who wanted attention all the time and he fit the bill completely, but I couldn’t train him not to behave like this around other people because I never saw other people then. Now, he is almost 15 years old, so there’s definitely no getting it out of him completely now.

He has had a hell of a year and a half now adjusting to not being the center of attention with a baby in the house.  Fortunately, he and my son get along well.  It just stinks that we have to keep the dog in a pen a lot because my son has dog allergies.   He has adjusted well to our dog now, at least, but we still need to keep our dog in less space now, which is more difficult with a completely open floor plan.

On 1/16/2024 at 4:48 AM, Darth Krawlie said:

100%. Dogs are fine. I like other people’s dogs. But only for a few minutes at a time. And off leash dogs are not a good idea at all

I'd say it's 75% the owner's fault if a dog is trash. But 25% of dogs are trash on their own. At the end of the day, unless they are old, clean,  well-trained, and chill, they are annoying. This is true for parents/kids as well.

24 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

That’s fair. Part of what I have a hard time with is how incredibly needy they constantly are. I’m needy enough, do I really need a creature who’s gonna sulk and sob if I stop petting it after an hour straight just cuz I gotta pee?

Just imagine if your wife had felt that way when she met you.

I like dogs. I like most animals and pets. I don't have a dog, cause currently I can't be fucked with another 4 year old. 

Trouble is most people are selfish arseholes and this translates into dog ownership as well as parenting and bad behaviour in public. 

The number of times people try convince me their dog is 'a good boy' whilst he's barking in the shop while other people are trying to eat. If I owned the place I'd have a flat no dogs inside rule. I can't abide four legged friends in a place where humans eat. 

If I were to get a dog it'd probably be a lurcher. Greyhound crossbreed with something else, preferably shaggy..they go fast as fuck for an hour then chill on the sofa/dogbed, and generally dont bark. That's my kinda pooch.

13 hours ago, Odine said:

I can't abide four legged friends in a place where humans eat. 

Explain this to me? I've never been able to understand this. How does the presence of dogs ruin a place where humans eat, please?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.