I don't care about your dog

Tank

1 hour ago, monkeygirl said:

Explain this to me? I've never been able to understand this. How does the presence of dogs ruin a place where humans eat, please?

Hygene for one.  When it comes to cainines they will almost without fail spend the time staring at the people eating trying to beg for food, sitting under your feet or generally try to somehow leverage themselves up the pecking order.  And in public spaces there is always a dog or too that either whines yelps or barks at the other dogs while your just trying to eat or work without nuisance. 

Also, as a staff member I am always on high alert checking to make sure all the dogs are well behaved as we have young kids everywhere, and I shouldn't have to do that shit. But the other week a guy had his hands severely bitten by his own dogs and I had to deal with that too. They're just an added complication in hospitality that shouldn't be an expectation. In my view they belong outside, or inside in their own homes. Not in coffee shops/eateries. 

Having said that, I quite like a pub dog which seems like a weird distinction to make, but dogs are way less of a problem for some reason with people just drinking. Obviously depending on the dog. But there is also way less toddlers running around in pubs, and much fewer dogs in pubs too. 

But in the cafe I work at, there can be as many as 5 or 6 different dogs kicking about at any given time and it can be a nuisance 

On 1/16/2024 at 8:36 PM, Darth Krawlie said:

That’s fair. Part of what I have a hard time with is how incredibly needy they constantly are. I’m needy enough, do I really need a creature who’s gonna sulk and sob if I stop petting it after an hour straight just cuz I gotta pee?

This. Also-- I don't trust anything that likes me THAT much. Like, really-- you want to be around ME every waking second? Gross. I don't even want to do that but I don't have a choice.

On 1/19/2024 at 12:31 PM, Odine said:

Hygene for one.  When it comes to cainines they will almost without fail spend the time staring at the people eating trying to beg for food, sitting under your feet or generally try to somehow leverage themselves up the pecking order.  And in public spaces there is always a dog or too that either whines yelps or barks at the other dogs while your just trying to eat or work without nuisance. 

Also, as a staff member I am always on high alert checking to make sure all the dogs are well behaved as we have young kids everywhere, and I shouldn't have to do that shit. But the other week a guy had his hands severely bitten by his own dogs and I had to deal with that too. They're just an added complication in hospitality that shouldn't be an expectation. In my view they belong outside, or inside in their own homes. Not in coffee shops/eateries. 

Having said that, I quite like a pub dog which seems like a weird distinction to make, but dogs are way less of a problem for some reason with people just drinking. Obviously depending on the dog. But there is also way less toddlers running around in pubs, and much fewer dogs in pubs too. 

But in the cafe I work at, there can be as many as 5 or 6 different dogs kicking about at any given time and it can be a nuisance 

I get uncomfortable when I go somewhere with friends and they bring their dog. The dog either begs me for food which I hate, or it begs a stranger and I feel like it's reflecting on me cause I'm in the group with the dog.

This is exactly one of those behaviors I mentioned when the owner doesn't get that you don't love their dog. I have a friend who does the begging thing when I eat at their house and they act like it's super cute that this dog is pawing at me, whining, putting it's head on me, poking at me-- and I can't stand it. It's not fucking cute.

Just yesterday I want to Petco to get cat litter and this dude was standing at the door and had a long lead on his leash and the dog just had to come and stick his nose on my leg as I was walking by. I didn't say anything cause again, I'd be the monster getting mad at a friendly dog at a pet supply store-- but it still annoyed me. I don't owe your dog a hello dude.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.