Christmas Buying

monkeygirl

Alright tell me the best gifts you got and the worst gift you got.

Best gift: Sno strip for leaning skis up against the car without them falling over and scratching your car. This has been on my Amazon list for 2 years now. Finally I dropped a heavy hint to my dad and he got it for me.

Weirdest gift: these shoes. I think my in-laws went to the clearance section and grabbed something close to but not quite my size. Thankfully they are returnable and come with a gift receipt sticker.

20231225_115128.jpg

My sister, her sister-in-law, and I all got AirPods from our significant others. I was highly impressed with the coordination between the guys until I found out that they didn't coordinate at all. It was a coincidence, but one my brother-in-law noticed when he saw all 3 under the tree, so he made us all open them at the same time after covertly confirming that the other 2 boxes did indeed contain AirPods. This made me even happier because this means that Trevor actually heard me mention that I'd like some AirPods and he executed this without me knowing. 

I didn't get much else. Noah bought me some Friends themed booties. "Luke" picked out this massage thingy that fits over your hand (and the first listed benefit on its fairly plain packaging is that it "Reduces the appearance of cellulite!"...so hopefully Luke did actually pick that and neither Trevor nor Noah actually intervened). My mom gave me cash without making all of us play a silly game for her amusement this time. And my dad and stepmom gave my siblings and I our usual stockings with the staples - toothbrush, Lifesavers candy book, candy canes, Reese's PB cups, and other random dollar store trinkets. 

However! I went ahead and filled my own stocking with mini bottles of booze while I was at the liquor store getting Trevor's gift and I bought myself a planner sticker book I really wanted. So Merry Christmas to me! 

The kids made out like bandits though. Between the two of them, they got a PS5 (from us), 5 PS5 games, 6 LEGO sets, 8 board/card games, $120 cash, and probably 20+ other things each. Bandits. Starting on Saturday, we had 7 rounds of gift opening/receiving (that does include Christmas morning from Santa). I'm exhausted from just watching them be spoiled by everyone else. 

I overheard my daughter chatting with a friend today. She asked Q what her most expensive gift was. Ugh.

I'm a little nauseated by Facebook and Instagram today. Look at me, In flying to Hawaii! Oooh we bought grandpa first class seats! Oh look at our penthouse. Meanwhile, my kid is enthralled with $25 spy goggles and a $15 minecraft toy.

LOL I was just grateful to be included with some friend's festivities. They include me every year and I think of them like brothers from another mother (I had plans on marrying one of them way back in high school since I've known them since second grade but the one I loved ended up being gay and we are all remarkably happy with that.) I don't particularly like going to what's left of my relatives unless it's my parents anyways and had to sing at ALL 4 services for Christmas Eve service and help with communion so it was nice. 

So the biggest gesture/gift comes from my friend's young sons. They love Aunt J and this year they picked out a Jigglypuff squishmellow for me. I love it. It's already on my bed. And the youngest was so upset last year that a gift that was boxed and wrapped under the tree wasn't the toaster oven that was on the box and actually cried so this year they gave him a small Dash toaster and he made his first item in the oven for me! I a piece of toast! 

I did get my dutch oven!

Worst gift was a rock painting kit I got from a NOT gag secret santa. It was promptly regifted. LOL I actually listed what I wanted under 30$ on the exchange and it was stuff like gum, stickers, cat toys and yarn. I got a rock painting kit. WTH?

Best gift: After watching my boys all last week, my wife took our two boys to the hot springs for the day and I have a full day to myself.  I kid...But actual gift, my new R2D2 ski helmet.

image.png.946dff33e45e96b38a12559fd0533e61.png

Worst: My wife got me a nice travel toiletries bag because she hates that I just throw all my shit into a plastic grocery bag or a gallon ziploc bag the morning that we leave.   DONT TRY AND CHANGE MY WAYS!!!  :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.