Christmas Buying

monkeygirl

Yeah, I am more into giving gifts than getting them anyway, and if I want something I am a grown man and can go out and buy it. So, it's not like I was disappointed or anything.  I love the person who gave them to me dearly but I just thought it was hysterical I got long johns for Christman when I live in Phoenix. 

17 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

the tagline is "for mature kids and immature adults" and it tracks

I'm going to admit that I could only handle so many poop jokes. My kids run jokes into the ground.

2 hours ago, Gamevet said:

My sister-in-law hooked me up with this 6 pack belt, just in case there comes an event where I’ll feel the need to carry 6 beers around my waist.

IMG_4461.jpeg

I would so wear this to the next family gathering, if only to make a point. 

3 hours ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

I'm going to admit that I could only handle so many poop jokes. My kids run jokes into the ground.

I would so wear this to the next family gathering, if only to make a point. 

I’d so love to walk up to my next concert event wearing that. $10 beers really irritate the shit out of me.

I didn't give or receive gifts this year but a friend bought me some Christmas ornaments that I don't like at all. I don't know what to do with them because she comes over and helped me decorate this year.

19 hours ago, monkeygirl said:

I didn't give or receive gifts this year but a friend bought me some Christmas ornaments that I don't like at all. I don't know what to do with them because she comes over and helped me decorate this year.

Burn down your house and just say they were lost in the fire.  

Say you loved them so much you were using them as a sex toy and they broke. 

The thing with getting a gift is once it’s been given to you, it’s yours to do with as you please. It’s not up to the giver. If they have a problem with what you do with it, it’s their problem.

I know in reality it can be more complicated than that, but it doesn’t have to be. 

On 1/4/2024 at 3:39 PM, monkeygirl said:

Is there some out-of-the-way corner you could place them on a small tree or something? They'll only be up for the Christmas season, anyway, then you can put them in a box and forget about them. I'm thinking if you "lost" them, she'd only give you more as replacements. 

On 1/5/2024 at 8:25 AM, Ms. Spam said:

I am curious, how ugly are these ornaments, Tami? I have some my sister chose I hate but they go up because Tina picked them but I don't do the whole set.

They're not hideous-they're plastic, made to look like glass. They're big and most are just plain ornaments...there are some large mittens involved. They just clash with everything else I have and my ornaments have been carefully selected over my life-even my 'filler' ornaments.

I know that set! I thought about it for a tree I was doing in my complex because they're plastic but it was MEH. 

I took down Christmas last weekend and cleaned house GOOD. The cats miss the tree. Especially Pot as I took his tree away he sleeps under but I feel less cluttered already. It was starting to take over everything with gift boxes, ribbon and paper everywhere and now I'm thinking about cleaning out the fridge when I get home of left over pie and food I haven't touched in a week.

My father in law and I started taking nightly walks soon after Christmas.  It was so nice walking around and seeing all the lights up.  It has gotten so much darker I’m the neighborhood now that most of the lights are being shutoff (even if they are still up).  Some of my neighbors put up the permanent lights this year.  Some still have them on in some capacity, which is great, but others have them fully off, which seems like it really misses the point.

Meanwhile, we got some LED bulbs to replace our old outdoor lights that allow us to change their colors (and even allow them to alternate colors).  This is the ideal option to me since they are cheap, we’re easy to put in, and allow us to decorate the house for all sorts of holidays and events. A few of our neighbors have them, too.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.