PLEASE share something bad

Darth Krawlie

Also I too had that thought about my mom before about just dying. The quality of life for her was just so awful. It’s literally like watching someone commit the worlds slowest suicide. And it’s selfish. I was way more prepared for my mom dying than my sister  

I think that's a somewhat normal reaction/feeling. I told the chaplain I was kind of pissed at my mom for fighting so hard when she was dying. I just wanted her to go peacefully, and she had to be a stubborn pain in the ass like she usually was. I had a friend whose dad was dying from CJKD and she told me when she got a moment alone with him, she literally told her dad to let go already because it was killing her mom and siblings to have it drag out so long. And she loved her dad dearly and was heartbroken to lose him.

Your dad has been sick from addiction for a long time and watching him slowly die sucks. You aren't a monster. Watching someone die slowly is painful, and dementia usually makes people unpleasant, to put it lightly.

It's been a few years now, but I talked about my Dad here before. During the last few years of my Dad's life, he was very sick and I was essentially his primary care person.  I would call him every day or go to his house every other day to make sure he was ok. Sometimes it was like he had just given up on life, and wouldn't take care of himself.  I would have to do a lot of things for him like taking him to the doctor, shopping for him, cleaning the house, etc.  This was on top of working full time and going to school. I was under a ton of stress at the time.  Despite my efforts to help him any way I could, my Dad would talk a lot about dying and being with my Mom who had passed away in 2013, how he hated life, and would get in moods where he would take things out on me.  I knew rationally he was depressed, but when he would say things like that,  or would even get nasty and lash out at me, I would secretly sometimes feel like he should just hurry up and die.  I felt so guilty for that because I also loved my Dad very much.  

Nightly's bereavement group, I swear. HA! And some stages of grief can happen before they even pass. The hardest part for me with Tina has been the getting over the guilt, Zathras.

In other news we are doing the old fashioned huddle in the hallways because a tornado may have touched down. I haven't done a tornado drill in YEARS. It's weird. Not an active shooter drill but the standard hide under desks with our books because wind rage!

Is it possible to get another icon that shows support?  I can see the heart meaning showing support, but I feel weird acknowledging a post about hard times with the same icon as good times. 

It is probably just me but just wanted to ask.

Anyways,does anyone else want to become a recluse because they are so worried about being a burden or making other people suffer because of your own shortcomings (self-perceived or not).

21 hours ago, Tank said:

I've already told my kid the second my mind starts to go to just drive me into the woods and leave me, guilt-free, and let nature take it's course.

And by nature I mean BEARS.

I think we all want to go out Legends Of The Fall style. 

And by that I mean killing your brother so you can get his woman, then leave her so that she marries your other brother then steal her back again.  

Did I get that right?  Close enough. 

4 hours ago, Jedigoat said:

I think we all want to go out Legends Of The Fall style. 

And by that I mean killing your brother so you can get his woman, then leave her so that she marries your other brother then steal her back again.  

Did I get that right?  Close enough. 

You missed the part about coming back to marry the little girl who always had a crush on you. And then watching her be killed as well. 

I already have a plan...

I am on the Tank plan but instead of bears I kinda just want to do opiates and liquor until one day I don't wake up.  I am shooting for 84.  I am open to having a roommate to chill with till we die.  I just don't want anyone to have to depend on me. 

I like it for what it is.  Of course, I am a bit younger than most of you, so I was more in its target audience when it came out. It isn’t something I want to watch regularly by any means, but it fits a nice niche.  My wife, for instance, enjoys some level of spookiness in movies from time to time, but really doesn’t like anything that comes close to actual horror.  She also doesn’t love the movie either, but she thought it was cute and entertaining enough when we watched it. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.