New Rogue One trailer coming Thursday and the return of Bail Organa

Mara Jade Skywalker

• 4 weeks later...

Because only like three people here care about scores, I didn't wanna make a new thread, but Michael Giacchino has replaced Alexandre Desplat as composer.

Goddamnit. I love Desplat and think Giacchino is overrated and forgettable as hell.

I can hear Walter's boner from here...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New poster is out. Looks sweet. The way the Death Star is superimposed over Felicity Jones makes her look like a Terminator. I was trying to see if the lines made anything. It looks like the plans for the Death Star. Plus another trailer hits tomorrow:

https://www.google.com/amp/collider.com/rogue-one-poster-trailer/amp/?client=safari

New poster is out. Looks sweet

Nice.

One little nitpick: With respect to the cast, I wish they'd have been left off the poster. I prefer a nice clean look to movie posters with a solid central idea and Jyn/Vader/Death Star was strong enough on its own. Adding all the characters clutters things up.

That's pretty minor though, and this poster is a big step in my preferred direction.

Soooo much better than the TFA poster.

The Red/Blue on black color scheme felt very like a lot of the old Prequel posters they sold at Target. I'm not quite sure what they were thinking.

Not really digging it.

Here and on FB you're literally the only person I've seen say they aren't into it.

I hate to say it man, but maybe it's you. Maybe you're just not wired to want to like SW outside of the originals.

I get it, I felt that way for the entire PT/EU era.

Here and on FB you're literally the only person I've seen say they aren't into it.

I hate to say it man, but maybe it's you. Maybe you're just not wired to want to like SW outside of the originals.

I get it, I felt that way for the entire PT/EU era.

You may be on to something. Either I've grown out of Star Wars or it's gone shit. I think it's the latter though. I actually really liked the second trailer, quite a lot, but this one just seems cheap. The delivery of that line 'The POWAR that we are dealing with' is so over the top and phony, and the 'Rebellions are built on hope' line was also tacky. The desaturated colour grade and hand held look throughout looks more like the style of photography you would expect to see in an episode of The Walking Dead, not a Star Wars film. The music sounds like they are using the string section on a synthesizer and not the London Symphony Orchestra. It sounds more like an episode of 24 than Star Wars.... Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. Hopefully.

This movie kinda feels like this to me:

Say we lived in the Star Wars universe in a time a century after the events of the Episodes. Every kid in school would learn all about the huge events, maybe we'd get Luke's birthday off from school. That kinda thing. Basically the Episodes are what they teach us in school.

Then this movie is the "never before told story" of how the plans were stolen with alot of characters we never learned about in school, and some appearances by a couple we do know.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.