How many times have you seen/will you see TFA?

Should I update my total so you all can make fun of me?

Nine.

Wow. Nice.

I have to see it again, I think. My viewing on 12/26 was in the second row, all the way to the left. Not great. My daughter was not happy. Have to see if we can get in the middle, a tad farther back. 2D. F 3D.

lol too slow

She's already said she's up to eleven, and is probably closer to thirteen before I finish this post :p

I've been thinking about going to see it a fourth time, which I am almost positive would break my record. I believe I saw both ROTS and the Dark Knight three times in the theater. There are a number of other ones I saw twice, but I don't think any of them got up to three times in one release. The only other one I've seen three times in theaters, including re-releases, is TPM, which I saw in 3D.

I should check out show times for tomorrow.

Just got back from my 3rd viewing as well. The theater was, indeed, fairly full for a Sunday 3:45 showing. I'd say a solid 2/3 of the seats were occupied. Figured I'd be safe walking in during the credits, but had to take a fairly lousy seat to avoid sitting next to someone. Part of it is that the showings are now limited to 4 times a day there when it used to be like 25 times a day, but still, that's pretty impressive for a movie in its 7th weekend.

Just got back from my 3rd viewing as well. The theater was, indeed, fairly full for a Sunday 3:45 showing. I'd say a solid 2/3 of the seats were occupied. Figured I'd be safe walking in during the credits, but had to take a fairly lousy seat to avoid sitting next to someone. Part of it is that the showings are now limited to 4 times a day there when it used to be like 25 times a day, but still, that's pretty impressive for a movie in its 7th weekend.

I thought you didn't like the movie?

I'm unusually ambivalent about it, but I never said I didn't like it.

Besides, it's a Star Wars movie. I've read Children of the Jedi and Crystal Star twice each. Even if I'm not into the series nearly as much as I was in my teen years, they'd have to mess up pretty bad for me not to see a Star Wars film at least a couple times in theaters.

LMFAO Back peddling like a mofo.

Naw, I've said the same since I got here:

Poe Dameron has some very valid points. I agree with everything he says. This film was beyond a dissapointment.

For the record, I don't hate The Force Awakens. I'm just not in love with it. I'm not even all that disappointed. There's even some relief since Abrams took much better care of Star Wars than he did Star Trek, a franchise he fundamentally misunderstood.

I just didn't get a sense of joy like I felt with the other movies. In a lot of ways, it's Star Wars converging with the rest of risk averse Hollywood. Some of the humor follows the Avengers model. The direction and editing will drift into more modern techniques. It's a problem I'm going to need to deal with going forward in this franchise. And a problem the franchise itself will be forced to deal with as it becomes the same as everything else being produced.

Still, I'm not going to stand here and say that it's a bad movie, or that I didn't enjoy it. There were some aspects that worked very well. Particularly in the first 45 minutes. I just think they couldn't keep up the high level for the entire movie. And the more directly they tried to mimic A New Hope, the more glaring the gulf became between the execution of both movies.

I completely stand by those sentiments and usually correct people when they say I hate the film or think it sucks or whatever. In a few ways, it was a bit more of an obligation and less excitement than usual to go out and see this movie. There's a reason why I went a month between my first and second viewings when I saw each of the Prequels at their midnight premiers and again the next evening. But it'll be added to my collection when it comes out on Blu-Ray.
I'm not going to cross my arms over my chest and vow to never see the movie again just to pose as a hater on a message board.

I saw it more than once because I wanted to untangle my reaction to seeing it the first time (when I was a bit overwhelmed by it and struggled to relax), and I'll end up seeing it four times because I don't think seeing the bits I like at home will have the same impact

(I'm also the sort of person that struggles to resist jumping forwards / backwards / replaying etc. if given the option, so I like the captive aspect of watching movies in theaters or when they are broadcast on free-to-air)

My feelings about it are still a bit conflicted (tone of it isn't quite right for me; it's a bit uneven and YA), but that doesn't stop me from enjoying it

I'm not saying that. I just can't imagine seeing a movie in the theater more than once unless I LOVED IT.

Yeah, but you're completely different people.

Have you ever written fanfic?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.