How many times have you seen/will you see TFA?

As I've said to people numerous times, I saw the prequels 11/10/11 times in the theatre and that's nowhere near my favorite era. A post-ROTJ movie (that I like WAY more than the prequels) with the Big Three involved and a new cast I love? I'm also surprised I haven't seen it more!

Besides, this is probably the last time I'll be able to go to the movies whenever I want to so I'm milking it for all its worth.

Pregnant?

First showing was in 2-D; second was in IMAX 3-D, though I was annoyed they didn't actually use the entire screen. I was more interested in the "IMAX" part than the "3-D" part.

I'm supposed to take a relative for their first showing soon, so that'll be 3. And there's one theater in Indy showing the 70mm version that I'm kind of curious about, but haven't committed to because I'm afraid the differences won't be mind-blowing enough to justify the upcharge.

Saw it twice. Two Saturdays ago with buddies and this passed Saturday with family. Both in 2D. I would love to catch it a third time at some point in IMAX. If I do manage to catch it a third time, it will be a personal best for number of in-theater viewings for a single movie.

IIRC:

I saw TPM twice. I didn't realize I didn't like it until the second time.

I saw AOTC once.

I saw ROTS once. I enjoyed this one though...some parts. Hated other parts.

There are people who warch 7 football games within 36 hours. This comes along far less often so I'm cool with it.

I've always found it amusing how the sports culture watches every single game, analyzes and dissects every single play like they were finding the damn cure for cancer and use up their monthly mortgage for nosebleed seats, yet we are the ones who are called nerds for loving Star Wars.

A guy I work with will tell me stuff like, I can't believe you bought tickets in October for a movie that doesn't come out until December. Or why would you go on opening night when it's jam packed? No way I'd do that. I'll wait until the crowds die down.

Yet the moron constantly talks about the NFL like it was bringing peace to the Middle East.

It's always nice when somebody gets the point without me having to break out the cue cards and abacus.

Plus the time investment for 7 screenings is about 16 hours. Or two weekends of football ... out of a 17 weekend season.

Funny, outside of the rewatch of A New Hope a few days ago with my niece and, of course, The Force Awakens, I haven't seen any of the movies in years at this point.

I've probably seen the Original Trilogy films about 30 times each and the Prequels another dozen each. In the end, that probably comes out to be about 250 hours of Star Wars movie watching, or 10 days of my life.

Which I suppose is a lot. But I've spent a lot more time on other pursuits. Heck, the amount of time I spent on the EU novels Disney kicked to the curb was probably well into the thousands of hours.

When I was a kid the only one I had was Empire that we copied from when it played on HBO. I can't even imagine how much I watched it.

You're lucky. I only had basic cable, so I had to be on the ball and pause the recording when the commercials came on and anticipate when to start recording again so I didn't miss part of the movie. Think I ended up making like 3 copies that way. First time, the edited version on USA. Second time, unedited on Sci-Fi Channel. Third time, unedited letterbox on Sci-Fi Channel.

Twice already. Once with the whole family of 5 and once with my two youngest.

I will probably take my mum once the kids go back to school (that's beginning of feb here in Australia) and the cinema's are less crazy. In the meantime I might sneak off on my own at some point under the pretense of going grocery shopping, not because I'm ashamed but because I can't afford to keep paying for my middle daughter who is 19 and without a job at the moment. If she thinks I might be going again she'll want to come and then it's lunch and clothes shopping as well.

You'd laugh if you heard how choppy it was. I didn't need commercials so I stopped recording when they came on. Since I wasn't quick on the draw I would end up starting the recording after the commercial had ended. 30 second even minutes missing. Plus your talking one movie recorded over a couple of cassettes.

Or ya know, you could tell her no.

Mother's guilt is too powerful. I can't just say I'm going to Star Wars and you can't come. That's just selfish. No to clothes shopping takes some self control, buying the tickets online and leaving the credit card at home. Now that's doable. Curse the day they put cinemas in Shopping Centers :nono:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.