Obligatory 2024 Election thread

Ms. Spam

15 hours ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

Wow. I was not expecting DeSantis to drop out this early. That said, either he or Haley had to drop out, and personally I'm glad it's DeSantis.

Do you think DeSantis is gunning for VP?

I really hope the moderate right jumps on the Haley train. I mean, they won't, because nobody thinks she's electable, but it would go a long way in restoring some semblance of sanity on that side of the aisle. Republicans as a whole need to get their shit in order and stop kowtowing to their fringe. 

For real. I am a recovering Republican because they went batshit crazy catering to the far right. I don't think the Democrats are angels, either, but their brand of crazy is at least less toxic and harmful to our national psyche.

I just really cannot see how they think Trump is a viable option after January 6th, 2021. It's more about not having a baby-killing Democrat in there than someone who has any interest in running a country other than for their own ego. 

My unchanging prediction of long duration is that both President Donald John Trump and President Joseph Robinette Biden will be joining the President Stephen Grover Cleveland club. I think it’s the stupidest possible outcome so it’s what’s going to happen.

Only thing more stupider — as I learned during my sojourns to planet Jupiter — would be for one or both of them to die either before November 5th or before January 20th. Not ruling that out!

• 3 weeks later...

My husband was reading something on his phone tonight and I asked him what he was looking at, and he said he was trying to figure out when Trump was going to jail. I asked him if he was just hitting refresh.

We had a good laugh about some idiot saying the RNC should pay Trump's legal fees.

Getting ready to vote in our state primary. I like to identify as a Republican in our state because they don't require caucuses in the primary, and then I can vote for someone other than the dumbest Republican candidate and hope that the stupidest one doesn't get the nomination.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel bad for Halley. Like it wasn’t going to happen girl, but nice try. Plus it was super weird that there were a ton of runners had already weeded themselves out like Christy and DeSantis. Halley hung in until the very last I guess. I feel like if I may have voted for her if she’d made it. I would have felt really slimey but at least it wasn’t a vote for Biden or Trump if I voted for her. 

We had the Texas primary yesterday and I voted but I did democrat so my choices were LAME, I wanted to like those people in Michigan or Minnesota who voted the option undecided or whatever I can’t remember right now at lunch, but it would have felt good to give Biden a vote of NO CONFIDENCE but I’m stuck with your lame ass.

Nah,  these days if they have an R behind their name, they are trash. The GOP is a cult at this point. Haley was just there to give the appearance of choice in the GOP, but Trump had it locked and the fix was in from day one.  Biden is definitely a disappointment, especially on both Israel (we need to stop arming and enabling Netan-Yahoo) and the Border mess (I am for LEGAL immigration and immigration reform, but the border is out of control), and he's a geezer that can keel over at any minute, but he has my vote if it keeps Trump out of the Oval Office.  Haley would not have changed that.

I think it’d be so so so funny now that Haley’s dropped out if the former (future? current?) President died. It’d have to happen pretty soon for it to be maximally funny. Like, before the next big primary. It’d have to happen before Tuesday when Georgia and Hawaii and Mississippi and Washington (state, not district) vote.

Also, it’d be funny if the actual factual President died tonight after (during?) the State of the Union address. Lots of things would be so funny. It’s the power not the money.

Is Senator Katie Britt on crack? That was a weird speech to me. Like she would whisper and get fake emotional. And the mess created by in vitro fertilization made by the GOP had to get a hasty law to fix that. It’s like tooting your horn when you’re the idiot stuck in the intersection. 

state of the unions used to be on Tuesdays right?

LOL I forgot about that bill she voted down. Thanks Memes!

I am averaging twelve texts a day from GOP type texters asking me to donate to the Trump election fund. I haven’t gotten one Biden text. This angers me more GOP because I’m not funding your obvious grifter.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.