Dead pool 2024

Norman Jewison died. I thought he was already dead! Kind of an understandable mistake. 97! Norman Jewison : wasn’t dead, wasn’t Jewish, 100% Canadian. I don’t know. I really like Agnes of God (1985). I’ve seen it ... three times? I think I’ve seen it three times. I’ve seen it twice definitely. I saw it for the first time in university, rented it once, I think I’ve seen it at least one other time. I should watch it again. Great movie!

• Cerina pinned this topic

Gary Graham died. The human cop in Alien Nation (‘89-’90, ‘94, ‘95, ‘96, ‘96, ‘97). Ambassador Soval on Enterprise (‘01-’05) + that one episode of Star Trek: Voyager (‘95-’01) where they found the Caretaker’s mate. 73!

The thing that got me about Stallone's tribute... besides talking about how integral Carl Weathers was to both Rocky's success and Stallone's success, was at the very end. Just a subtle thing... most of the time, when people talk about someone important to them who's passed, they talk about how lucky they (the survivor) were that the deceased was part of their life. Stallone said he was lucky to be part of Carl's life. That's a real thought, a real emotion right there, and that got me.

He honestly believes that without Carl Weathers, Rocky wouldn't have seen the success it did.  He brought a powerful, charismatic character that could talk the talk, and walk the walk. It was the perfect opponent for little old Rocky to step into the ring with. Stallone pretty much pushed all his chips to the center of the table, when he bet on Rocky.

That’s unreal!

Ronnie James Dio died of stomach cancer as well, some 10 years ago.

Toby’s song “Shoulda’ been a Cowboy”  was played during a Cowboys Super Bowl Victory back in the 90’s. He also had a song about Desert Storm called” Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue”, that got brief airtime on various music radio stations.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.