The Office

Mara Jade Skywalker

I thought it was allright. The house scene at the end was sweet, and Dwight's description of the perfect crime was the funniest bit.

Though one reason I connect with the show so much is that it always seems to start out with relatable experiences before things get completely outlandish. For instance, my boss is sometimes prone to putting '911' in things that don't merit it. That grounding in reality before it gets overly silly is one reason I'll keep watching.

• 2 weeks later...

It was new.

I didn't like it. I'm sick of the Andy/Angela/Dwight nonsense. Picking between the new chairs or new copier was boring. I'm sorry to say it, but Jim/Pam together is getting to be a snoozefest. What happened to all their chemistry? I refuse to believe that these writers aren't good enough to give them chemistry even when they're in a relationship.

Oh, well.

Now that we've had a chance to watch it at nbc.com...

I liked Jim and Pam in this one. I thought it was the most chemistry they've had in a long time.

I do agree with R.CAllen, though. More Mose, please!

I approve of all of these statements.

It was also nice to see Michael have at least one episode this season where he could be an idiot from start to finish without a single moment of warm fuzzy redemption. I was starting to miss those episodes.

Too true. From not understanding the concept of a surplus to buying a fur coat on credit because of his anticipated bonus, he was in true form.

Loved the interaction between Andy, Angela and Dwight even though it is getting stale, too. But as for Jim and Pam, it was nice to see the rosey-romantic relationship encounter a real conflict.

There's an awesome rumor floating around recently. The show will have an hour long episode immediately following the Super Bowl in February. It supposedly will feature a roast of Michael and will include his brother, rumored to be played by...

Stephen Colbert

A bunch of the commenters on OfficeTally.com have been saying this lately, saying NBC is doing their best to keep it quiet and make it a big surprise.

Re: last night's episode:

Show of hands of anyone who knew Phyllis was going to spill the beans on Dwight and Angela right after she walked away. But kudos to her to pointing out that Angela wasn't very nice to her when she was in charge of the Party-Planning Committee.

I also thought Dwight was in his full-arrogant form again. Kudos to him. Selling those stupid Unicorn Princess dolls was hilarious. And poor Toby, trying to buy little Sasha's love, ending up with a black-skinned doll (on the other hand, little girls tend not to care about the doll's skin color. My little niece chose a black Barbie once because the doll had the "prettiest eyes") It's just funny to see Toby's reaction.

Michael was, once again, in his true idiotic form - insisting on rehabilitating Meredith against her will. Lots of good moments: Jim creating collapsible wrapping paper furniture, Creek smoking the Hooka, Andy and the mandolin. Pure gold.

That was no mandolin, twas a Sitar!

But yeah, this episode was one of the few season that I felt was up to par. I think it's because Jim and Pam just were and we weren't worried about their relationship.

Also, this episode had two of the greatest monologues this show has ever had.

Andy's stand-up about all his nicknames in college, which ended with him "acing" his classes with straight Bs.

and

Dwight's talk on his family's version of an intervention. It had such a great reversal. "In my family we deal with addiction in a simple way" and he holds up a fist. You expect him to say something violent, but then he launches into "tolerance, education, patience, understand..." but then you get to number five "punching."

gold.

Dwight's talk on his family's version of an intervention. It had such a great reversal. "In my family we deal with addiction in a simple way" and he holds up a fist. You expect him to say something violent, but then he launches into "tolerance, education, patience, understand..." but then you get to number five "punching."

Yeah, I fell out on that one. I also couldn't stop laughing after Phyllis spills the beans. Dwight is in no way affected, just saying "don't act so surprised".

First episode of the season that I loved! Everything about it was great. Jim and Pam were super cute without being annoying ("I knew it!" "no you didn't" "yes i did" "no you didn't" "It's Christmas" "... she knew it") The cold open was one of my favorites yet.

So glad Phyllis spilled the beans, and also glad that she feels bad about it.

So much good stuff. It's about time, OFFICE.

The cold open was one of my favorites yet.

NOT TO NITPICK, but a cold open is when the show starts it's first act with credits running and goes to the first commercial break.

A Teaser is when we get one scene as a hook, then we get the show open, usually followed by a commercial. Technically, this is what Office does, but they seem cold open-ish since they don't break for a commercial after the open.

[/tv snob nerd]

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.