Ahsoka series - Sabine Wren has been cast!

CoLA

5 hours ago, Tank said:

It's still baffling to m that they dropped him and Ahoska in a random episode of BOBF instead of showing us that scene during this show where it makes sense.

I totally agree.  Bobf was a hot mess and having Luke in it who basically killed Boba until they retconned his death was just weird.  And he and Boba didn't even meet in the episode either.  

6 hours ago, Odine said:

I've slept on this whole series. Not sure if/when I'll dive in. But reading this thread isn't doing a lot to sell me on it 

It is worth a binge watch, just don't expect the "BEST STAR WAR EVAR."  It's literally Rebels season 5 in live action.  I would say I would rank Ahsoka definitely above BOBF, and somewhat above Mando Season 3, but below Mando Seasons 1 & 2.  

I hate how they write Thrawn. It's just like he sends his guys on a mission, it all goes wrong for them, then after he is like "nah, all good, thats what I wanted anyway" and its supposed to make him seem smart.

The actor playing him is doing a good job but its just a lame character. 

This is basically what I've felt about Thrawn all the way back to the original Heir to the Empire. His whole "genius tactician" thing is always played off like that. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED TO HAPPEN! HA HA! It's tedious. I find the witches Far more interesting.

I done binged it up to episode 7.

Really actually rather enjoyed this. I agree with Tank in so far as I find the Witches of Dathomir to be far more enigmatic and a scary prospect as antagonists than Thrawn. I think they'd have been strong enough as the primary threat themselves for this series to work. Though I quite like Thrawn, admittedly he kind of is just a diet-pepsi emperor "it is all going as I have forseen" yada yada.

As a series in the new Disney canon though I'm way more into this than BOBF, or the latest Mando season. Hell I'm enjoying it more than Andor even though I know Andor is objectively the better production. 

It's the first series other than Mando where I have cared about any of the characters, and has had the best character development that I can remember.

Also as someone who never watched clone wars or rebels (cause I can't bring myself to watch cartoons) I have enjoyed the extra development given to Anakin. And Hayden has done really well in selling me the Jedi turned warrior, heading down the path to war and the dark side. The scenes in this sell his fall more than what the prequels ever presented. And even through it all, I love that Ahsoka still thinks of him as a great master.

The character writing seems more nuanced in this than any of the other series, except for  maybe Andor, but then in Andor I didn't particulaly find anyone likeable or care that much about them so..

Don't ask me how Ezra got off the Star Destroyer without Thrawn noticing. 

I thought Filoni would keep the cartoon stuff separate from the live action but he set it all up. Ahsoka's owl. Balen standing on the statues of the Father, Son, and the Daughter. There is an entrance on that planet to the World Between Worlds. 

Did Ahsoka see Anakin's ghost?

Hmm. Once again the most interesting aspect (Baylan) is sidelined. What was his goal? 

It was obvious Thrawn was coming back, so why not just have the SD dock with the ring thing in space. 
Ezra could still have snuck aboard in a similar manner to get home and then we still have half an episode to do other stuff.  I guess it’s all set up for film / other series, but it’s damn annoying not to get a payoff for what Baylan was up to. Guaranteed to be recast now.

Nice to see Dathomir, but overall - annoying resolution.

Yeah, not the greatest finale. I feel like they just decided to throw in a bunch of action for it but didn't move the story forward enough for a season ender. I knew it would be a cliffhanger ending when it was over halfway through and we hadn't seen Baylan or Shin yet.

Hey, I saw someone on Reddit suggest Jonathan Frakes for Baylan! I have a hard time seeing him as a villain type, he always seems too nice. Think he could pull it off? I don't know if any of the big Trek people have ever starred in anything SW related before.

I’m the tradition of SW villains, Baylan Will get an off camera ouchie on his face and start wearing a mask that will distort his voice, making the recast easier.

The maddening thing here is a second season of Ahsoka has not been confirmed.

Had Thrawn got away and everyone else was stuck in this galaxy, that would have worked. To just swap Ezra for Ahsoka in the post ROTJ  continuity doesn’t solve the Jedi/Luke problem for me. 

Anyone else think what they did with Morgan was maybe the lamest thing ever in Star Wars. I mean Baylon and Shin are sort of removed from the main story but its like "oh man we need someone for Ahsoka to fight". So lets just have the witches touch Morgans face and conjure up some magic sword and now all of a sudden she can fight Ahsoka. Just dumb as dumb can be. 

Well, they did establish in Mando that she could fight, to be fair.  But Ahsoka beat her then, when she had the Beskar staff.  I don't know why all of a sudden having a flaming katana would mean anything different.  It was kind of lame, but not as lame as Zombie Stormtroopers. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.