What did you do today?

RUAJedi2

I'm still decorating my glam bedroom and today I got a rug pad and rug. It's too dark for the room and I'm bummed. I'm not sending it back. Things like this don't sell down here. I just wasted a hundred and fifty bucks I coulda smoked instead.

So, does anybody want to buy a really cool 5X8 rug?

What are you doing today? I'm doing what all poor people in Florida do on a holiday; visiting my friend with a pool and day drinking. I have a pool but it's Sheryl's turn. I've hit my limit for vape carts at my dispensary so I'ma smoke some flower before I go over there. Trying to decide on food/snacks before I do.

Kind of a strange holiday-off work because soldiers died. I had to work, too.

In honor of the majestic and beautiful Susan Janet Ballion's 67th birthday, I dug out all my Siouxsie and the Banshees and The Creatures CDs and had a listening party.

This pic is from her solo release Mantaray

Siouxsie_Mantaray.jpg.2392cd29f51172195ebf7bdc8a37c0c1.jpg

That name goes way back.

i’ve been working on laying down a concrete pad, for our above ground pool. I was thinking that the old pool was 14’ wide. It turns out that it was 12’ and a lot more manageable. I pretty much clean out Home Depot on Saturday and returned on Sunday to buy 10 more concrete slabs. These things are heavy!

IMG_5947.jpeg

It'll be a nice summer, though, huh? When does the pool go in?

My headboard arrived from India yesterday and I think it's way too big. It's almost as tall as I am. Maybe 5 feet tall. It's in this medieval looking plywood crate with handmade hardware screwed into it, holding it all together. The driver of the truck brought it inside for me and I had no money to tip him; I feel bad about that but there's no way I could have even dragged it in myself. I don't even think I can put this thing in place with the help of a friend! I didn't think this through very well...

Ok so this was technically yesterday, but we rented a house for the weekend because we are getting our hardwood floors refinished. I tried stand up paddleboarding and it turns out that shit is hard. I did not feel confident standing up, so I paddled around on my knees and then my knees hurt. So we took a canoe out instead. We made s'mores at night. It was a beautiful day on the lake.

However, Luna lost her shit anytime someone came near us, so I'm not sure we're getting a lake house soon. She has been super spooked by how wide open the space feels.

20240531_100639.jpg

Stand up paddleboarding (SUP) is very popular in my kayak club (which is called a canoe club because dumb), but I don't enjoy it

Even if had my cycling legs back and could stand on the board without my legs turning to jelly, I think I'd prefer to be in a canoe or a kayak

I like canoeing, but there's no lakes where I live and you can't use our reservoirs and you can only safely take a canoe out on the ocean when there's no wind

I've started kayaking again after nearly 3 years off, but I'm taking a break from sea kayaking because some people take it far too seriously, so I've bought a new "short boat" because the people that use those in my club haven't forgotten how to have fun

Used it for the second time this morning

blehkayak.jpg

On 6/1/2024 at 5:09 PM, monkeygirl said:

It'll be a nice summer, though, huh? When does the pool go in?

I was hoping to have it ready to go by Memorial Day. That didn't happen. We've had rain just about every other day for the past 2 weeks, which included hail and high winds. Couldn't do any work on the yard, because it was pretty much mud. I'm gonna give it a shot this weekend.

i did ass about 10 blocks since the last post. Might need the mow man to clear out the grass before I attempt to go any further. I hate Texas soil!

IMG_6048.jpeg

The pool is finally finished. It was such a beatdown laying all of those stepping stones down and digging to level out the ground below it. It’s so much that the clay underneath just sticks to the shovel and everything it touches. 

The final day, it was 3 in afternoon and 92 degrees. I was familiar with how this brand of pool assembled, so it only took  2  hours to unbox, spread out and assemble. The pool hold @ 3,000 gallons and it took about 10 hours to fill. Looking forward to Saturday.

IMG_6075.jpeg

IMG_6098.jpeg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.