What did you do today?

RUAJedi2

OOO I hate that about drive thrus. I swear it has everything to do with management and hiring. Even Chic-Fil-A has been weird lately. I totally forgot to eat yesterday because I was focused on the right monitor to buy and wanted it that day so I drove to all the Best Buys in the area to get an LG one like I had before that they had on sale. I was going to hit up a Taco Bell for dinner on the way home and it took WAY to long for one car to go through so I drove off.

Another bonus that I probably needed is the last two nights I have slept 8 full hours without waking up at all. It's been a real long time since I did that.

At 1:45 AM I cracked my head on a top bunk sitting up in an open air cabin. Had a huge headache until I got home at 1 PM and popped some ibuprofen. It's starting to wear off a bit now at 9 PM.

I took 7 5th grade girls camping this weekend with 70 other Girl Scouts in grades K-12. My troop hosted a Mental Health First Aid station to earn their Bronze Award and it was a huge success. I'm super proud of them, and honestly, a week ago I wasn't sure they were going to pull it off. My daughter definitely pulled more than her fair share of the weight when others dropped the ball, but she did it without complaining. I heard multiple leaders talk about how confident she was, how well she knew the material, and what a great teacher she was. She really shined. I am super proud of her, and the other girls, as well.

Other than that, there were 2 vomiting incidents (not my girls), 2 sprained ankles (1 of my girls), and a near disaster with water beads. It was a 3 hour drive there and 2 hours back. So needless to say, I am tired. But here's a picture of one of our cabins!

20230602_201702.jpg

On 5/28/2023 at 4:30 PM, Ms. Spam said:

GUYS! I bought a super expensive thing today and I have guilt about it. I had to buy a monitor. I really need to get new appliances and get some work done around the house but it was $100 off the new iPad Air at Best Buy today so why not buy a new monitor AND a iPad?

The average lifespan of a monitor in my house is about 2 years now. 

My school monitor is OLDER.

It's all related to CATS.

The other day I bought a Sony 4k Player and it is sweet.  Much nicer than the one it replaces, which is now in the bedroom.  Did I REALLY need it?  No!  But I love it, just the same.

On 6/5/2023 at 10:46 AM, Zathras said:

The other day I bought a Sony 4k Player and it is sweet.  Much nicer than the one it replaces, which is now in the bedroom.  Did I REALLY need it?  No!  But I love it, just the same.

My 4K player is a PS5. I’ve bought maybe three or four 4k movies this year and only noticed subtle things that were improved with the 4K BR.

1 hour ago, Gamevet said:

Mine 4K player is a PS5. I’ve bought maybe three or four 4k movies this year and only noticed subtle things that were improved with the 4K BR.

Yeah, 4k is NOT the dramatic jump in quality that DVD to Bluray is.  That said, it also depends on the movie, too.  For example, I watched The Batman, and only certain scenes show the 4K quality, mostly because the movie is mostly taking place in the dark.  However,  I could tell the difference in most of the movie when I watched Alien Covenant.  I think largely 4K is for geeks like me who like to see movies in the best resolution possible or people who have TVs that are larger than 75" (mine is only 65").  

I have an LG 55” OLED. The image quality was a massive jump over the 52” Samsung LCD it replaced. 1080p BR looked really good on it. The 1st movie I watched on it was The Force Awakens, which looked amazing. I then picked up Solo on 4K and the only times I’d  noticed  anything HDR, was  the lit up control board of the Falcon.  It’s just little things here and there. The coolest thing I’d seen with HDR, was while I was playing the Guardian of the Galaxy game. Seeing the eyes of Mantis glowing looked crazy good, as did the Infinity Gems in Endgame.

• 2 weeks later...

I woke up Sunday morning and my wife told me that the dryer wasn’t working. The heating element burned up and the belt was chirping, every once in awhile, so I decided to just buy another one.

The element burned up, because the stupid vent clogs up at the roof vent. This was never a problem, until the contractor had our hail damage roof replaced back in 2016. We had the same dryer for 13 years, before they’d done their work. The vent hood they put on the roof was not what one should put over a dryer vent. I’ve had to climb on the roof, peal back the slotted vent and reach under it to pull out the balled up lint and dog hair. I should just replace their stupid hood and get one that is made for it. Stupid contractors screwed up more than that. They just sucked at just about everything they’d done, including their invoicing.

$259! Whew. Just needed a new battery. They told me about the nine other things wrong with my car sooooo. I dunno. It needs a new timing belt and brakes and a cooling system flush for the big dollar stuff. We were over 117 degrees yesterday so I could see that getting the battery plus it’s the first time I needed to replace it since I bought it. Going to schedule all that other stuff because they quoted me 2800$ and that’s still cheaper than a new car!

Omg y'all, I was talking to this dude and he mentioned that he liked horror movies, and one of the ones he mentioned was Leatherface, and I was all like "I'm totally friends with the guy who wrote the screenplay" and he didn't believe me, and I was all like "Uh-huh, my wife gave him good advice when his kid was little, and in fact, his kid just graduated high school last week, and you can look him up on IMDB because we're totally cool with each other" and now I am apparently best buds with Seth, and also may need to send Oliver a graduation present.

Oliver, receiving random envelope with a check in it: Who TF is this?

I meant to post this yesterday but fell asleep. Sunday we did tie dye and it was super fun. My husband even requested some socks because he likes crazy socks and he had an extra pair of really light khaki ones. So I know what we will be doing next weekend. Husband wants a 4th of July themed shirt so I need to go to Michael's tomorrow and get some white shirts. Also dug up a few more old Girl Scout shirts that she will never wear unless we do something cool with them.

I think E's turned out the best. Q's rainbow one came out pretty good but she got a little sloppy with the purple at the end. The one that stayed mostly white was supposed to be several bullseye patterns but I must not have done the rubber bands right or we didn't use enough dye.

20230625_222141.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So in the evolution of crazy cat lady I am now a crazy possum lady. 

Gertrude or Gertie is a blind possum who lives on my porch now. She can't live in the wild fully but rehabbers in my area are full up. Hopefully a lady in Dallas can take her in.

She loves strawberries and broccoli. She curls her tail around my blankets I leave out for her and she makes a nest. She still gets out but returns in the morning sometimes because she can't see as she lost an eye and is blind in the other. She doesn't go far and seems to know it's safe on my porch and that she's going to get something to eat.

47 minutes ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

Ouch, does it hurt?

On Saturday I started to feel sore on my left side my heart was straining to pump--it was some weird pressure.  The pain is more uncomfortable than actually hurting especially at night.  On Monday, I had what I thought were rashes all over my back and spread--they are super itchy. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.