Game of Thrones Season 5

Ryn

Wrong ginger.

Joking aside I'm super jealous of Thormond's beard.

And now that Stannis is officially a "c-u-next-Tuesday" hopefuly Thormond will take over the role of gruff-but-likeable badass-in-an-honourable-staunch-guy way.

You know, forget Brienne, I hope Davos is the one to take out Stannis. He was a character I was mostly indifferent toward my first read through, but the show and Liam Cunningham's portrayal has made me really appreciate him more, carrying over to reads since. Definitely hoping for something good for him.

I really have no idea where you're going with this, unless it's Arya which is never portrayed as anything other than a traditionally loving brother/sister relationship. Unless you're using GRRM's letter to his editor as evidence from 20 years ago, which I think would be folly.

I really have no idea where you're going with this, unless it's Arya which is never portrayed as anything other than a traditionally loving brother/sister relationship. Unless you're using GRRM's letter to his editor as evidence from 20 years ago, which I think would be folly.

It doesn't have to be a romantic love. I think Arya is the person he loves most in the world. Shireen is who Stannis loved most and that's obviously not a romantic love. The thing about Stannis is that he doesn't believe he is king just so he can sit the throne and have lords bow before him. He truly believes that he is Azor Ahai. He believes that if he doesn't get on that throne to lead Westeros against the Walkers that everyone is doomed. To him if he didn't kill Shireen as a sacrifice she would have just died when the Others attacked.

Now most people think Jon is in fact Azor Ahai. We know that Azor Ahai had to sacrifice the person he loved most in the world. What happens if Jon eventually believes (correctly perhaps) that he is Azor Ahai and that he has to make that kind of sacrifice in order to stop the coming of another Long Night?

I'm not condoning what Stannis did, like I said it was hard to watch. But like most things in this story it depends on your POV. I mean in the Bible Abraham is seen as a hero for being willing to sacrifice his own son on God's command. Its related as showing is faith. Ofcourse in that story God stays Abrahams hand. While in this story Stannis shows his great faith in Rhollor, unfortunately the Lord of Light doesn't stay his hand.

WHO DO WE EVEN ROOT FOR ANYMORE. I CAN'T ROOT FOR STANNIS OR THE BOLTONS OR THE LANNISTERS OR LITTLEFINGER AND DANY BORES THE **** OUT OF ME. WAT DO.

Wow you were being serious? My apologies dude. Usually when you break out the bastdoors BS you're mocking other people's opinions. My bad.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.