Say Something Random II - Eclectic Depression

Nicole- I'm sorry Ethan keeps having these health issues. I can't imagine how scary that must be for you. At least the stuff with his eyes isn't life threatening, like what you had to deal with at the beginning of his life! Does he have to have the cataracts surgery to remove the cataract? Or is his not bad? You holding up okay?

He will probably have to have surgery, the issue is when. It will depend on how quickly it is growing, so we go back in 7 weeks to check on that. Doing cataract surgery on an infant is not ideal because their lens grows, so an implant doesn't work so well. So we will have to do a contact or just protect the heck out of his eye. I can't even get contacts in my own eyes, and my dad is an optometrist.

I'm doing mostly ok, Brad is trying to be strong for me but I can tell he's upset. His stress behavior is to barrage people with questions and that stresses me out. I told him he needs to come to the next appt so that he can beat up the doctor instead of me, because I obviously don't know all the answers. I'm the type that gets into go-do mode when I get stressed, so I'm concentrating on getting him glasses, patches, making appointments and phone calls.

I also just took on a supervisor role at work again, so I'm going to be in meetings constantly instead of doing real work. Honestly, it will be a nice break. I'm also applying to other jobs, but they won't be calling for interviews for a few weeks.

After I took the GRE, I went to the nearest bar and got hammered. The math kept getting easier and easier, which is really bad for an adaptive test. I got the score I needed, but I should have studied more. Sounds like you're preparing more than I did.

After I took the GRE, I went to the nearest bar and got hammered. The math kept getting easier and easier, which is really bad for an adaptive test. I got the score I needed, but I should have studied more. Sounds like you're preparing more than I did.

Well, I've got two weeks to go and I'm very far from feeling confident. I'm just glad I don't really need to study for the verbal part of it. I'll go over it a bit, but I'm not worried about it at all--it's the math that's gonna be the real issue. I've really gotta nail this as well as I can because my undergrad GPA is shit.

I got some Norco today. It's never done anything to me in the past, but I'm messed up right now. It's funny because I can still feel the pain, I just don't care about it. Or much of anything.