Say Something Random II - Eclectic Depression

My fill up didn't qualify for a free steak knife.

Omg guys I have seen some shit today on the road. Some dude changed his flat tire and put the shredded radial tire back on the spare tire holder on the back of his Honda. It looked like it had been like that for some time. Who saves the flat? Also some hit a mattress which is not fun when you are the car behind them driving.

They tried to discharge her and she was still out of it. She almost drove her wheelchair into the wall trying to leave. I was furious because I knew they had no business discharging her. So I went back to my grandma's and fed Ethan, ate lunch, and put Quinn down for a nap. Went back and she was fine. Sigh. I got her back to the house and not 30 minutes later my grandma fell and about broke her face. She spent 4 hours at the ER and just got back with the doctors telling her that she can't be by herself, so I'm sitting in the living room while 2 of her kids have an intervention. My husband wigged out after spending the day watching the kids around my dysfunctional family and threatened to get a hotel room and basically swore he's never coming back.

I can't wait to go home. I knew I should've booked the return flight for Monday instead of Tuesday.

question for you! What happens to c when evaluating definite integrals?

It cancels out because if int (f(x)) = F(x)+C, then int_a^b (f(x)) = [F(b)+C] - [F(a)+C)] = F(b) - F(a).

Usually, people just don't bother including the C in the work for a definite integral for this reason. There are also some cases (such as when calculating probabilities) where even including the additive constant C is incorrect due to restrictions placed on the integral (but you probably won't have to worry about those cases so much in this class).

Ok, that makes sense. Duh. Thanks.

I've watched several videos this evening, and after seeing each kind of problem worked once or twice, I'm good. So now apparently I just need to find and watch videos of each basic and trigonometric function and I should be all caught up. :unimpressed:

Trig functions aren't so bad once you get used to them, but I am sure those will take some time to refamiliarize yourself with. I don't encounter too many of them these days, so I often have to double-check a lot of the non-standard identities and results. The more familiar you get with them now, though, the more comfortable you'll probably be with them when you encounter them later, though.

Edit: But at the same time, if you're having trouble with them now, you can certainly still work on them as you go.