CONFIRMED Star Wars Episode 7 news

Driver

I have to ask, and this is legit, not me busting your chops-- but are Rifftracks really that good? I know what they are, and who does them, and I've seen online ads for them... but you are literally the only person I know of who ever mentions watching them.

Well it's like anything, a matter of personal taste. To me they're the best thing ever. But other people love The Bachelor and you couldn't make me watch that with a shotgun. Doesn't mean they're idiots for loving what they love.

Having said that, they've gotten away from doing current Hollywood Blockbusters and now all they do is shitty B Movies so I don't really frequent the website anymore. I was in it for seeing current stuff get mocked.

First review is in!!!!!!!

http://www.slashfilm.com/drew-struzan-force-awakens-opinions/

Obviously not really a review but I suppose it can't be bad that someone seems to like the movie. I realize he would never say "its gonna suck." but he easily could have given the generic answer of like "well everyone working on it is talented, im just happy to play my own small part."

I wonder how much of the plot or character relationships we can deduce from the structure of his painting. Rey divides light from dark. We've seen Ridley in scenes with Boyega; Kylo Ren is placed as close to Rey as Finn is. Is she as closely bound (emotionally? genetically?) to Driver's character as she is to Boyega's? We know "Kylo Ren" isn't the real name of the character. Is "Rey" really Ridley's character's name?

At least Solo is still on the light side!

Confirmation of the day: Abrams says the First Order is what happens if all the Nazis that ran to hide in South America decide to get the band back together.

More importantly, confirming my suspicion/desire... Kylo Ren is NOT a Sith, but somebody whose found his own way I the dark side thanks to Supreme Leader Snoke, who also uses the dark side.

Once again, For better or worse, the ST seems to be a combination of OT tropes and things many wished/assumed the PT would be about and is ignoring or dodging actual mythology from the PT.

Every so often my excitement reaches a fever pitch and I'm like "this is it, I'll never be this excited over a movie again," and then the next time I read about the movie it happens all over again.

That may seem like a recipe for disaster, but I'm not really viewing it that way. I'm just so excited over the general idea of this, the actual execution is almost irrelevant at this point. Meh Star Wars is better than no Star Wars at all.

Given JJ's love of lying, I don't buy anything he says plotwise. I don't feel like I know anything more than I did before, maybe he's a Sith, maybe he isn't.

Every so often my excitement reaches a fever pitch and I'm like "this is it, I'll never be this excited over a movie again," and then the next time I read about the movie it happens all over again.

That may seem like a recipe for disaster, but I'm not really viewing it that way. I'm just so excited over the general idea of this, the actual execution is almost irrelevant at this point. Meh Star Wars is better than no Star Wars at all.

I am right there with you, Lucas.

I agree with Lucas, really I only have 2 concerns

1-that everything just sort of feels like a huge coincidence. Like how do they come across the Falcon, is it just "hey we need a ship, oh crap the falcon just happens to be parked on the same planet we are on!!"

2-That with "real" names not being revealed its going to be one "reveal" after another in terms of Rey, Ren and Finn possibly being related to existing characters.

I think he learned about fan backlash because of that though and wouldn't do it again.

But given his love of secrets you have to assume for every bit he gives us there's something juicier that he isn't.

Yeah, but a lot of abused women assume their boyfriend learned his lesson, too.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.