CONFIRMED Star Wars Episode 7 news

Driver

If we want to continue parsing the definitions of "confirmed," I'll go ahead and wait for you to show me what makes any of those pictures confirmed.

We've got basically an entire synopsis of the movie online at this point. We should slap that in here too.

If we want to continue parsing the definitions of "confirmed," I'll go ahead and wait for you to show me what makes any of those pictures confirmed.

We've got basically an entire synopsis of the movie online at this point. We should slap that in here too.

I'm really not trying to be obtuse or argumentative.

To me, the difference is confirmed real vs not. Synopses are still not confirmed-- they are still rumors. A screencap of three of the leads in a scene is impossible to call a rumor. Even if it is unofficial, it is still confirmed as real cause it's clearly not a fake.

So, it's real vs not.

Not, official vs. unofficial.

This example you made of a pic of Luke. You said you wouldn't want to see it by accident because it might be a spoiler. I'm just saying I don't see the distinction of where that photo comes from. If you don't want to be spoiled, you don't want to be spoiled, it doesn't matter if Lucasfilm or Latino review posts the pic. Why does an official release make it different if it's something you want to to be a surprise?

But yeah, I'm cool with changing the thread title if we think that's a good idea. I'm fine either way.

Again, because the people who are in charge of the movie and making decisions about what is getting released (presumably, often because of how it relates to the plot and what it reveals, if anything) want me to see one thing, and didn't want me to see another. I'm honestly surprised you of all people don't understand. Surely there's something in Leatherface you wouldn't want people to see... until they see it?

We haven't seen Luke at all yet. I'm assuming there's a reason for that. I don't care if there is or not, but I'm assuming there is. A picture of Luke, whether it is his costume or his habitat or whatever will surely give away some detail about his current disposition. The only big set piece we've seen so far, I think, is the TIE Fighter hangar. Surely at some point there will be more pictures of things like that floating around before too long. I'm okay being teased. I prefer not to be spoiled. Disney/Lucasfilm/etc do a fine job teasing.

If my 10 year old memory serves, I think one of the leaks ahead of RotS was the scene with Anakin getting ready to behead Dooku. That's the kind of thing I worry this "oh here's a random leaked picture let me just throw it in the thread" attitude will lead to.

For instance, back to the aforementioned leaked cap with the three leads: That "spoils" that there is going to be some significant interaction between them. Common sense tells you that's likely to happen so it's not a big deal, but what if it were characters you wouldn't think were going to interact at all? Or something that would significantly alter your thoughts going into the movie? It's not the posted pictures I'm mad about (I'm not "mad" at all, really) it's just keeping an eye toward the future. And, for the umpteenth time, just asking for a little consideration. Labeling "spoilers" takes no time at all. We're all friends here, or at least familiar with one another, I can't fathom why you wouldn't try to help a brotha out.

I ran Doze off, I guess. I can't possibly imagine how I, guy he's never had an unpleasant interaction with before, could set him off so badly he peaces out. But apparently I did. I really am sorry. He always had plenty of (good) stuff to add to the SW forum. Doze, I hope you come back. I genuinely am sorry that I upset you. I'm sure my "K cya" comment was a culprit. That was callous and I'm sorry.

I totally agree we should put spoiler boxes on unofficial stuff. I think I get where you're coming from-- I just don't see a big distinction, if you want to be a level of spoiler free, it's on you where it comes from. You can't trust marketing departments. For example, Terminator Genesys had one of its biggest spoilers revealed in a trailer because somebody in marketing thought it was a good idea.

As for me and Leatherface-- one of the actor's agents dropped a huge spoiler via a press release that the studio then had to scramble to spin. "Official" sources can't be trusted.

That said, JJ and his magic box is something he is pretty good at controlling.

We haven't seen Luke at all yet. I'm assuming there's a reason for that. I don't care if there is or not, but I'm assuming there is.

I suspect the only reason that we've not seen Luke yet is that he's not in the movie much. Rather than assuming there's a production reason for not releasing him, I'd say we're just getting random samples from the film, and the characters we've seen the most of in spoilers (Finn, Rey, BB-8, Han, Chewie, and Phasma) are going to get the most screentime. Leia and Luke probably have almost no presence in the film, going by the samples of production photos and promotional materials we've seen.

So, if you happen to stumble over a picture of Luke from Episode VII on the Internet, instead of being pissed, I'd advise you to play the lottery that day, because you're lucky!

Lucas I don't understand why you think pav is being obtuse, much less intentionally obtuse. He's making a reasonable point here: neither of the threads were intended to be spoiler free. Rather this one was for stuff that had some basis in fact and could be confirmed, while the other was more or less, just rumors and speculation. But both, just by virtue of having news of an unreleased film, are by their very nature going to contain some spoilers.

I mean, look- I'm sympathetic to how you feel because I'm in the same camp- I like to be teased, but not spoiled. But pav's got a point here, as he puts it- "The internet is a dangerous place for people who want to avoid spoilers." So I tend to peruse threads like this only when a film is far off (and most of everything is rumor), and then once it gets closer to the release date, I make my exit and avoid threads like these since you're almost guaranteed to see spoilers. Not trying to sound like a dick, honest, but it begs the question of what exactly you're doing here browsing this thread if you only wanted to be teased, and not spoiled. This is something completely within your control.. you could if you wanted to, just stick to what is put up on starwars.com and the teaser trailers. That's basically what I'm doing.

Or to put it another way, since you're in LS (or have you graduated now? I forget), allow me to use a legal concept; there's a certain degree of assumption of the risk when you open a thread like this. And that goes regardless of what your interpretation of 'confirmed' was. Just don't understand why you're poking at tank and pav here when a reasonable person would probably consider leaked screen caps as 'confirmed' and avoid such threads accordingly, if they didn't want to see them.

Yes, I can back up the pics I posted here. This is the confirmed page, right?

First off Greg Grunberg is childhood best friends with JJ and this is the interview with him about being in the movie.

Link: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/22/star-wars-force-awakens

Other interviews have Greg Grunberg talking about his character and 'Star Wars Episode 7 News' put these quotes of Greg together from the actor:

· He has signed for three movies.

· He shot for 7 weeks in London at Pinewood.

· He is not a CG character.

· He has facial hair.

· He has no prosthetics.

· He never read the whole script. It was on red paper.

· There will be an action figure with his character.

· The actors had to wear cloaks while walking towards the set.

Link: http://www.starwars7news.com/2015/06/exclusive-first-look-at-three-characters-from-the-force-awakens.html

Now knowing this, 'Star Wars Episode 7 News' found the pics and posted them.

IF this is not confirmed then nothing from now until the movie comes out will be confirmed and this thread should be closed.

Guest El Chalupacabra

But posting them out in the open and precluding people from posting in a "confirmed"/"news" thread wouldn't be internet-tyranny of the majority?

I'd prefer that to everyone else on nightly catering to one or two people. You know, as in majority rule. No offense intended but not everyone is going to be happy regardless of what is done anyway, and my vote is for making the most people happy possible, on this matter.

Where in this case "catering" means devoting maybe 10 seconds to throwing spoiler tags up and a blurb you'd probably already include as part of the post anyway. Got it. Glad to know 15 years of community between people means fuck all now. That's a pretty swell attitude to have. "No offense intended" but I think you're, at best, lazy and inconsiderate if that's how you view this.

So... I agree Lucas to a large part. I think part of it is we have pretty silly naming structure, for threads, so I'm going to propose our mods (or more likely me) create the following:

Spoiler - Anything goes

Non-spoiler - Only items released by Lucasfilm

Any objections or thoughts?

I recognize the pitfalls of separating discussion, and realize that is very likely to be a pain (we had a little bit of that in discussing the trailers in trailer threads and in here... it gets a little disjointed).

If we want to contain it in one thread, I think we're capable of self-policing enough for people to throw stuff that hasn't been released by Disney or Lucasfilm in spoiler boxes - that way everyone has the choice of clicking or not. For the umpteenth time, I just think that's a matter of being polite.

The issue, as it's been said before, is really official/unofficial not confirmed/unconfirmed. Whatever. I'm over ****ing talking about it.

We pretty much already split the conversation, and it's impossible to completely hide the spoilers while still having conversation about them.

I mean, sure, you might not see the picture of Luke with giant fake breasts, but when the next post is Krawlie talking about how he wants to motorboat the hell out of Mark Hamill, you're going to have a pretty good idea.

My point is, what I posted was as confirmed as you can get. What ever on the spoiler tags. There has not been a rule about it and have always, at least tried, to fallow the rules. That I posted a confirmed pic in the confirmed pic area and it was moved is crap. Hell there are movie leak pics I could post but I would have to hear someone cry that I killed the movie.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Where in this case "catering" means devoting maybe 10 seconds to throwing spoiler tags up and a blurb you'd probably already include as part of the post anyway. Got it. Glad to know 15 years of community between people means **** all now. That's a pretty swell attitude to have. "No offense intended" but I think you're, at best, lazy and inconsiderate if that's how you view this.

In my first post, did I not say I can understand spoiler tags? Yes, I did.

I am talking about taking stuff down or moving it or renaming threads.

Calm down. Jeesh!

We pretty much already split the conversation, and it's impossible to completely hide the spoilers while still having conversation about them.

I mean, sure, you might not see the picture of Luke with giant fake breasts, but when the next post is Krawlie talking about how he wants to motorboat the hell out of Mark Hamill, you're going to have a pretty good idea.

See here's the way communication works ... When you say something like this and I read it, my mind paints a mental image and then I either hate your guts or wish for merciful death.

Oh ffs. Maybe we should close the whole damn forum down so nobody has anything to complain about?

I don't see the big deal or why being nit picky about confirmed sources is suddenly a thing. But if maybe more than one or two people have a problem with it, we can change the rules. Until then, why don't we all try to act like grown ups about it?

remem

We haven't seen Luke at all yet. I'm assuming there's a reason for that. I don't care if there is or not, but I'm assuming there is.

I suspect the only reason that we've not seen Luke yet is that he's not in the movie much. Rather than assuming there's a production reason for not releasing him, I'd say we're just getting random samples from the film, and the characters we've seen the most of in spoilers (Finn, Rey, BB-8, Han, Chewie, and Phasma) are going to get the most screentime. Leia and Luke probably have almost no presence in the film, going by the samples of production photos and promotional materials we've seen.

So, if you happen to stumble over a picture of Luke from Episode VII on the Internet, instead of being pissed, I'd advise you to play the lottery that day, because you're lucky!

remember the spoiler that said Luke is gone probably off training Lupita Nyongos character and we dont see much of him?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.