CONFIRMED Star Wars Episode 7 news

Driver

Rey and Kylo don't have to be either a Skywalker or a Solo. With Hamill playing Luke and Fisher playing Leia, the first film is still about the Skywalker clan.

With Hamill confirmed on set for Episode VIII, that one is about the Skywalker clan, too. Potentially the new female lead in Ep 8 could be a Solo or a Skywalker offspring.

Hamill was confirmed as being on set for Episode 8 a couple weeks ago. They've already started shooting. And in the interview Kathleen is quoted from she specifically says the new trilogy is about the next generation.

SO YOU'RE WRONG ALL OVER THE PLACE

Guest El Chalupacabra

Why aren't you people talking about the REAL issue, here: why does Luke have a robotic hand? Where did the synthetic skin go?????? Didn't they promise us no PT connections?

GRRRRRRRR!!!

Are you talking about the guy in the trailer with R2?

Indeed.This kind of confirms it

But I was being facetious, originally.

Hamill was confirmed as being on set for Episode 8 a couple weeks ago. They've already started shooting. And in the interview Kathleen is quoted from she specifically says the new trilogy is about the next generation.

SO YOU'RE WRONG ALL OVER THE PLACE

Me, wrong? That seems unlikely.

Chewbacca is definitely a Skywalker.

Shmi thought Anakin didn't have a dad because she thought she couldn't get pregnant from a Wookiee, but he's been using that line all over the galaxy.

Guest El Chalupacabra

The mystery as to why the mean girls from Leia's high school gym class used to call her Sasquatch is finally solved!

Lucasfilm hasn't said anything yet.

Nice to see you still around. Sorry I never post much as I am just reduced to a lurker over the years. Frankly, I just don't like logging in sites.

Good to see some of my old friends still around. ;-)

Great time isn't it. 70 days until and actual sequel to Jedi.... 30 plus years......

Hello there.... Mesa back :)

I felt it time to come back and discuss Star Wars...I can't believe that in just two months we are going to get what we all wished for, another Star Wars film with the original cast, but you know the saying... 'Be careful what you wish for'....lol !

The wait has been agonizing and it's getting worse with each day, though I'm not so sure lately if it's excitement or just something I need to get out of the way. I am having a lot of serious doubts about this film.

First of all I don't rate JJ Abrams. His Star Trek reboot was distasteful to say the least, and Super 8 is an absolutely terrible film.

The rumor that they are going to kill off one of the main characters is filling me with dread. The old cast should be in all three films.

Everything looks like a slight modification of what we are all already familiar with, I've not seen anything fresh or new, at least with the prequels George gave us a lot of new things to look at. I'm hoping this is not a strong indication of us getting another re-hash.

The second trailer blew me away, except one thing, and it's the thing that should have sealed the deal for me...the final shot of Han and Chewie. It seemed staged, wooden. It didn't feel like I was watching Han at all, it felt more like I was watching old Harrison Ford playing Han Solo. I know it was just a couple of seconds, fingers crossed it will work. I so want this film to work.

Two more months.... arrrrghhhh !!!!!

Of course it's staged, the skill of the actor and director is to make a scene not look like it's staged, to me it didn't come off well at all. It just looks so hammy and doesn't feel natural. Harrison Ford used to be cool (ok he still is considering his age), but he's ancient now and sporting a younger mans haircut and wearing what looks like a leather jacket a 20 or 30 year old would wear.

This film may just serve as a grim reminder as to how great Star Wars (and these characters) used to be. It needs to be seen in context before I make my final judgement, but this film could be an even bigger dissapointment than the prequels. Remember.... Indy 5.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.