Ahsoka series - Sabine Wren has been cast!

CoLA

On 9/16/2023 at 9:41 AM, Tank said:

So what do ya’ll think…

Was the Ahsoka/Anakin bit really her on the edge of death and slipping into the word between worlds place, and that’s where force ghosts go…

…or was she having a Luke/cave Dagobah moment and Anakin was the personified darkness she carries in herself?

She tells Anakin she won’t fight him and he says he’s heard that before and then proceeds to attack her. This is a reference to the Luke-Vader duel in ROTJ. If this was all just in her head, Ahsoka wouldn’t know about that. 

That’s my thinking too— but I’m trying to recall when she fought Vader if something similar was said.

Also, if he was in her head only, I don’t think they’d have bothered with his line about not recognizing the siege of Mandalore.

In the book Secrets of the Sith, Darth Sidious describes the World Between Worlds as a "mystical realm" that "connects all of time and space, creating a conduit between the living and the dead." Yes it's a book, yadda yadda, but it's Disney so to them it's canon. 

The way I see it, by describing it this way, they’ve created a cheat code where any character, even dead ones, can appear and interact with the living.

I just saw a clip of Filoni basically saying this-- and he added, he doesn't want to explain it more than that and let people draw their own conclusions... which for keeping Force-related things mystical and non-specific post midichlorians is great... but for giving a million nerdy white guys with Star Wars discussion YouTube channels discussion fodder he can fuck right off.

I really like the Baylon character. His idea that its essentially a never ending cycle of wars "darkness rises and light to meet it" is the real enemy rather than the darkness itself is what Episode IX should have been about. He seems to somewhat be the old "well intentioned" villain. I can only think that his methods will lead to his ultimate failure. 

I'll be that guy. I disagree with the general consensus here.

Episode 6 was underwhelming to me, and I found myself bored watching it.  I am not impressed with the Dathomir witches, nor Thrawn, whose build up for the last 5 episodes didn't pay off for me. The stormtrooper captain (the Phasma stand in?) with the gold face is straight up dumb.  Ezra's appearance answered my curiosity of who they would get to play him, but that was about the only reveal in this episode that was worth it to me.  Baylon is a very interesting character, what EU would call a dark jedi, but the guy gets far too little screen time.  

3 hours ago, Zathras said:

Gawd no. The ST dropped the ball with the Knights of Ren, and we don't need that ass pull. 

But it is an unwritten rule of Star Wars that when the movies leave a thousand things unexplained and dangling, the EU must fix it all and over explain everything. This is the way.

On 9/19/2023 at 12:17 AM, Destiny Skywalker said:

I think she was in the World Between Worlds because Jacen heard the lightsabers.

I think it was in her head and that's how Jacen heard the lightsabers...

Noah and I have been having this argument for over a week now. No resolution in sight. 

3 hours ago, Tank said:

But it is an unwritten rule of Star Wars that when the movies leave a thousand things unexplained and dangling, the EU must fix it all and over explain everything. This is the way.

LOL!  I hear you on that. Most of the EU was crap, too.  And  that was before JJ Abrams, Master of the Mystery Box took over Star Wars with the ST.  I lost count of what he left dangling. 

There is a scene in Independence Day where Randy Quaid gives the troops his flying credentials. He then tells them about him being abducted by aliens and the soldiers roll their eyes. Even after they've been invaded by aliens they dismiss Quaid. That's the New Republic. The danger is in front of them and they still turn their noses up at it.

I don’t mind the series, but I think it’s a shame the most interesting thing about it is getting the least screen time. Baylan Skoll is a great character, performed superbly and I just want to know what his objective is. Full of mystery - really hope his final episode (unless the recast), delivers.

It's like Star Wars edging. They almost get there, but continually fall just short and I'm left frustrated. Not feeling optimistic with only one episode left.

I swear to god, if you have a show with Jedi-ish characters and no one mentions Luke I will lose my damn mind.

1 minute ago, Tank said:

I swear to god, if you have a show with Jedi-ish characters and no one mentions Luke I will lose my damn mind.

Yeah I agree with that.  I mean they brought back Anakin for a couple cameos, but they can't be bothered to mention Luke.  Like at all?  It's almost as if they are actively trying to erase Luke.  I remember reading Mark Hammil made a wierd comment that Star Wars doesn't need Luke Skywalker anymore a while back, and I was confused by it. Now it's starting to make sense. 

1 hour ago, Zathras said:

Yeah I agree with that.  I mean they brought back Anakin for a couple cameos, but they can't be bothered to mention Luke.  Like at all?  It's almost as if they are actively trying to erase Luke.  I remember reading Mark Hammil made a wierd comment that Star Wars doesn't need Luke Skywalker anymore a while back, and I was confused by it. Now it's starting to make sense. 

It's still baffling to m that they dropped him and Ahoska in a random episode of BOBF instead of showing us that scene during this show where it makes sense.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.