PLEASE share something bad

Darth Krawlie

Yesterday our K-2nd grade students went to Jack-a-Lope Acres--which is one of the pumpkin patches/ corn maze type place.  It is actually pretty nice.  A mom chaperoning asked if she could go smoke.  I'm like--umm sure I guess.  She disappears for like an hour and reeked of marijuana.  So I had to have that talk. 

A Kindergartner's dad of a brain tumor a few weeks ago.  Before he died, he made one of those teddy bears where you squeeze the bear's foot and the dad's voice comes on with a message.  He brought it to school today and was playing all of the messages for me and I about lost it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2023 at 2:17 PM, Hobbes said:

Yesterday our K-2nd grade students went to Jack-a-Lope Acres--which is one of the pumpkin patches/ corn maze type place.  It is actually pretty nice.  A mom chaperoning asked if she could go smoke.  I'm like--umm sure I guess.  She disappears for like an hour and reeked of marijuana.  So I had to have that talk. 

A Kindergartner's dad of a brain tumor a few weeks ago.  Before he died, he made one of those teddy bears where you squeeze the bear's foot and the dad's voice comes on with a message.  He brought it to school today and was playing all of the messages for me and I about lost it. 

UGH. Worst part of teaching is the emotional baggage that gets brought on by stuff like this. I've had the high as a kite parent a few times but the death in the immediate family thing is the worst and makes me yell in my car about how unfair life truly is and why a kid has to learn it too soon.

in crappy neighborhood news the HOA cut all my beautiful trees outside my house down. But left stick like stumps so yay for beautiful stick like stumps and no more birds and UGH I hate people.

Right at the end of my work shift, outside the shop  an old alcoholic guy got in between his two dogs that were trying to kill each other. One literally was trying to bite the face off the other. They were both male dogs, one a Mastiff and another a Staffordshire Terrier. Guy got in-between them and the dogs just absolutely savaged his hands. Multiple deep bites with gnarly puncture wounds and a big tear in his palm bellow the pinky finger where he tried to yank his hand free. Once the dogs were separated I tried to bandage his hands using four sterile bandages from the kitchen first aid kit. Someone tried to call an ambulance, on the phone for a half hour to only be told none are available. Alcoholic guy gets annoyed and angry and storms/staggers off with his dogs, blood soaking through his bandages. He's going to wake up tomorrow in a world of hurt and need some antibiotics and stitches. Hope he makes it to a hospital. Police got his address so hopefully they drag him down to the A&E clinic and get him to fix his dogs. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.