Ahsoka series - Sabine Wren has been cast!

CoLA

Sam Witwer was spotted in the credits under a random sound heading. The guy is an accomplished VO artist and has done Maul, Palpatine, and lots of other random voices. Given the sound design cues at play, he could have just been a recycled bit somewhere—

—or maybe “Merrick” is he, and maybe he is Starkiller.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

Sam Witwer was spotted in the credits under a random sound heading. The guy is an accomplished VO artist and has done Maul, Palpatine, and lots of other random voices. Given the sound design cues at play, he could have just been a recycled bit somewhere—

—or maybe “Merrick” is he, and maybe he is Starkiller.

Starkiller is the base in TFA. 

I really liked this episode. A couple reasons

1-I love the idea of someone who is not pre disposed to be strong in The Force being trained in The Force. Its sort of the other side of the coin of what Rey's story should have been before they made her Palpys granddaughter or whatever. Just the idea that everyone has the Force, it does not belong to some sort of chosen few. Love this idea.

2-The end of the action sequence with the space whales was very cool. It really gave me a sense of wonder that is so important in Star Wars but also sometimes absent. Just looked cool.

However Ahsoka going out i n space in the spacesuit was one of the dumbest things I ever saw in Star Wars. But not enough to make me not give the episode a solid thumbs up.

6 hours ago, Metropolis said:

I was wrong about the Jason thing. 

Anyone else felt Sabine's pain trying to move that cup?

It was the one eye opening to see if it moved! How many times I did that in the 80’s? Ah who am I kidding - still do it! :lol:

Good episode, I liked the callback to ANH with Sabine's training and that they're alluding to anyone can learn to use the Force. To heck with midichlorians! But someone should should really let the villains know when a force user is on the hull of the ship blocking shots, you should probably aim for other parts of it. :P

So, latest fan theory is that Marrock was a force fart.

How do we feel about the Anakin reveal? I'm guessing Ahsoka is going to have to make a choice to stay in the World Between Worlds or go back to finish the mission. Gonna guess she's not gonna choose Force Ghost.

Also, the map is clearly burned into Ahsoka's hand, so that's how we're going to follow them.

That was good! Baylan is owning this show - any scene with him in takes it up a few notches - great actor and character!
Also like Shin a lot - initial annoyance of too many force users so close to ROTJ has passed! So fickle! :lol:

Now, the reveal at the end! So are we saying that as she was weakened by the Nightsister magic on the map, then effectively died to get to the “World between Worlds” and that place is maybe how the force ghosts visit the living? But she has a chance to come back / influence the past (her and Sabine stick together this time as Huyang warned), so that by the end of episode 5, she is alive and on board the hyperspace ring ship with Sabine?
Seems a stretch to say she fell into a doorway like in Rebels, unless someone grabbed her again at the last minute.

Either way, bring on Episode 5 with Anakin (wearing Vaders saber it looked like) & Ahsoka! I heard Disney are dropping something on Friday to serve as a bit of backstory to their history on The Clone Wars series which makes sense for those not familiar with it, or a little hazy.

Loved that the inquisitor was nobody! They must have loved all the speculation!

9 hours ago, Rogue 3 said:

I heard Disney are dropping something on Friday to serve as a bit of backstory to their history on The Clone Wars series which makes sense for those not familiar with it, or a little hazy.

The Clone Wars did an excellent job filling in holes in the prequel story. None as big IMO as Anakin's distrust of the Jedi order. Since he wasn't born into the order he always had a hard time with buy in. The order not standing behind Ahsoka was the beginning of the end for Anakin. It gave much more reason than anything that was ever shown in AOTC and ROTS.

22 minutes ago, Metropolis said:

The Clone Wars did an excellent job filling in holes in the prequel story. None as big IMO as Anakin's distrust of the Jedi order. Since he wasn't born into the order he always had a hard time with buy in. The order not standing behind Ahsoka was the beginning of the end for Anakin. It gave much more reason than anything that was ever shown in AOTC and ROTS.

Absolutely. Fantastic show and on a second viewing, the arguably slower episodes with Padme or the Droids had a lot to offer where you think our heroes have won, but it usually ends up witg Palps using gaining more power - example being gaining control of the banks.

Be interesting what they show in this special on Friday - might be some clues as to where we are heading!

1 hour ago, Tank said:

If they are explanation force ghosts with the time travel place... I just don't know. It tracks...but also, fuck off.

Yeah, I really wish they didn't go there with the world-between-worlds stuff from Rebels.  I was not a fan of that concept at all.   Plus the witchery or magic or whatever?  What more magic do you need than the Force?

The only thing to make me disagree with that is that the hyper-ring-ship has gone, and there is no way I can think of to follow it. Sure she got burnt on the hand, but that was only the outer shell of the map device and that is still there, albeit in 2 pieces. So I don’t think it will be like Raiders of the Lost Ark personally.

I think this zone will be used in a way to get her on board this ring ship. Very much like the film Tenet where what has happened, has happened, but through clever means, she could sneak on the ship somehow without interfering with what we saw. Very much in keeping with the episode of Rebels we saw previously - we never saw Ahsoka die, so nothing was changed…

So that maybe the ending position of ep 5, but a ton of Anakin / Snips stuff to enjoy before that! Can’t wait!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.