You got some of those virusesses?

Ms. Spam

We're heading out to Arizona next weekend but we'll only be seeing my mom. My dad's living in the hospital until there's a heart available for transplant, or until he dies, and they don't want us bringing any outside germs into the hospital. My mom's dementia is not dealing with it well, so we're hoping seeing the kids will help her out.

But in more positive news we're planning a couple more fun trips for the fall/winter, one to the midwest and one to Zion.

Sorry to hear about to parents, but I’m glad you’re able to visit your mom.

What fun trips are you working on?

Just edited it in. We're looking at going to the midwest around Halloween. Specifically Chicago and Columbus, as Katie has some good friends there. Probably hit up another place or two in between.

My sister in law and her husband bought a house in Hurricane, UT, just outside of Zion, and have been renting it out as an Airbnb. We decided we'd all go, including the grandparents, for Christmas this year, and since I'm taking the whole week between Christmas and New Years off, we'll spend a couple days there then go see my parents again in AZ as well. Assuming everything's going okay then, of course. But yeah, we're looking forward to both of these trips.

1 hour ago, Fozzie said:

We’re going to meet up when you’re in Columbus, right?

Probably! We have no concrete plans and nothing booked yet though. It’s a lot of work to do those things and we’ve had no motivation to do it more than just say “hey wouldn’t it be fun if” so far.

On 5/21/2021 at 5:51 AM, Darth Krawlie said:

We're heading out to Arizona next weekend but we'll only be seeing my mom. My dad's living in the hospital until there's a heart available for transplant, or until he dies, and they don't want us bringing any outside germs into the hospital. My mom's dementia is not dealing with it well, so we're hoping seeing the kids will help her out.

Can’t even do this now, doctors don’t want even the slightest chance of germs getting in. They don’t even want my mom to go to the grocery store.

My poor mom is heartbroken. Best we can do is phone calls with the kids. Can’t even do video because the internet is so shit out in the middle of nowhere and she wouldn’t be able to figure out how anyway.

That was the hardest part for me during the pandemic. My mom was in the hospital and not even being able to see my brother made her lose hope and give up. It wasn't until she was ready to die that they sent her home. She didn't even make it 24 hours. Part of the healing process means connecting to people who mean or give you something to live for. I made a point of trying to call each day but she only wanted Tim. Which hurt in and of itself too that she didn't want me. I feel for your mom, Jacob. 

And jesus yes, is the internet sucky. I'm going to be in AZ next week and my grandmas house is a cell phone no go zone. I practically have to stand on the kitchen table to get a signal sometimes.

That’s awful, Krawlie.

My best friend is currently in Panama. His mom is dying of cancer that they just found. Pancreatic cancer that’s spread to her kidneys and brain. When he got on the plane it was to make her go see her doctor for what was probably an untreated UTI. By the time he landed, she was in the ICU and they let him in for 10 minutes against the rules. She might get to be in a regular room on Monday, and if that happens he’ll be able to stay with her, but he isn’t allowed to leave. Or at least if he leaves, he isn’t allowed to return.

On 5/21/2021 at 5:51 AM, Darth Krawlie said:

But in more positive news we're planning a couple more fun trips for the fall/winter, one to the midwest and one to Zion.

I am very sorry to hear this, Krawlie.  

Not trying to take over this thread--it's supposed to be about COVID not my parents--but they called to tell us to come out anyway. My mom is only allowed to visit my dad once a week now anyway, so they agreed it was worth it to take a week off so she can see the kids. So I guess the trip is back on.

All the kind words are greatly appreciated though. This month has sucked a lot.

49 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

Not trying to take over this thread--it's supposed to be about COVID not my parents--but they called to tell us to come out anyway. My mom is only allowed to visit my dad once a week now anyway, so they agreed it was worth it to take a week off so she can see the kids. So I guess the trip is back on.

All the kind words are greatly appreciated though. This month has sucked a lot.

I’m glad to hear the trip is back. Sounds like she needs it.

So, turns out I know a lot of dumb people. A friend asked today on Facebook if anyone had any "reproductive issues" since having the vaccine. I've actually heard that some women have had heavier periods after the vaccine but nothing more sinister than that. Out come the crazies. Things that I've learned:

1. Miscarriages are up like, 1000% since the vaccine became available. Like totally.

2. You can have heavier periods and miscarriages because someone around you got a vaccine and they are shedding their gross spike proteins all over you. No reputable sources required, she heard it from her friend in a Facebook group.

3. Anyone arguing with them is a Karen with a shriveled up uterus from the vaccine.

I’m pretty sure that I have a friend who is now a former friend because I’m vaccinated and mask. I saw him at church and said hi and he completely ignored me. But I was also trying to corral my kids so I can’t say with 100% certainty.

On 5/21/2021 at 9:43 AM, Darth Krawlie said:

Just edited it in. We're looking at going to the midwest around Halloween. Specifically Chicago and Columbus, as Katie has some good friends there. Probably hit up another place or two in between.

... I'd yell at you about visiting me, but I'm spending Halloween in NOLA if all goes well, so.

12 hours ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

3. Anyone arguing with them is a Karen with a shriveled up uterus from the vaccine.

The Karens are calling people Karen now? We have to come up with a new name. Also, the Karens are calling people Karen now I can't :lol::lol::lol:

15 hours ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

So, turns out I know a lot of dumb people. A friend asked today on Facebook if anyone had any "reproductive issues" since having the vaccine. I've actually heard that some women have had heavier periods after the vaccine but nothing more sinister than that. Out come the crazies. Things that I've learned:

1. Miscarriages are up like, 1000% since the vaccine became available. Like totally.

2. You can have heavier periods and miscarriages because someone around you got a vaccine and they are shedding their gross spike proteins all over you. No reputable sources required, she heard it from her friend in a Facebook group.

I heard covid can be caught from toilet seats and may make you pregnant too. 

Also, hot tubs.

Okay, I just came across this article and Holy Hannah I could have written it: https://slate.com/human-interest/2021/05/essential-workers-coronavirus-fear-anger-wfh-resentment.html

Especially this part:

I’ve had to come into the office every day because of the nature of my job, but about 95 percent of our office has been WFH since the pandemic started. Which is great! It really is, I appreciate that my company did that, because it decreased their risk and less people means less risk for me. 

But, even if most of your job can be done from home, very few people have a job that can actually completely be done from home. So those of us who have to come in have been picking up that slack. And now that things are safer, the idea that I’m supposed to continue doing that extra work on top of my job because people don’t want to deal with it? Makes me want to scream and while I’m staying professional my opinion of people who have been complaining about having to come back in has gone down. 

The entire pandemic I’ve gotten to hear about co-workers WFH who would quarantine for two weeks, go visit family, the quarantine for two weeks when they got back. I never had that option. I haven’t gotten to hug my mom in over a year, and while I don’t want to make this the suffering Olympics I do want some acknowledgment that the people who were able to take advantage of working from home were able to do so because I made that sacrifice.

I’m very thankful that my job can actually be done from home. Whether I’m at home or in the office, another department takes care of actually mailing all of my letters. Everything else is electronic or on the phone. 

My old job was different and a woman had to go mail our letters, but the trade-off was that she just quit doing half of her job so she could go into the office for less than 4 hours one day a week. And she was a COVID hoaxer so she didn’t change her life at all.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.