The Trump Administration 2017-

Ms. Spam

• 3 weeks later...

As it gets extremely cold this weekend for the end of the year there is nothing more comforting than reading this tweet from our president:

In the East, it could be the COLDEST New Year’s Eve on record. Perhaps we could use a little bit of that good old Global Warming that our Country, but not other countries, was going to pay TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS to protect against. Bundle up!

I'm sure he was trying to joke and be entertaining because that's what he thinks is presidential but instead . . .

Three more years of it. Not completely surprising, but Trump does seem to be getting a somewhat better handle on the levers of power.

Hm. If you listen to the hollow brain trust of The Young Turks, MSNBC, Sam Seder and CNN, you would believe Trump was ready to bring back slavery and bomb anyone randomly picked on a map next week.

Okay, does he not understand nukes? It's not about a bigger button or how close a proximity you are to it at the desk. (Although with the number of vacations Trump takes for golf we should not be worried his bigger button is on his Oval Office desk since 30% of his presidency has been on Trump property). And how much flattery gets countries with this president. China openly admits he's easily manipulated if you stroke Trumps ego.

Regardless of whether his tweets should be taken seriously or not... He is the head of state. And he chooses TWITTER to be on the front line of his PR and image projection. That his twitter content caters to the lowest common denominator of human existence is just the icing on the cake.

I try to think of them as humor and that's fine to dismiss them but in reality they're kind of scary-sad. It's like watching an old man spiral out into delusions. It did spark arguments during New Years Day Dinner at my aunt's house. If you see a Jeep Cherokee with a ton of Trump Pence stickers around Phoenix that's uncle John on his way to show a house.

Something I find concerning is that Trump has been at the forefront of dismissing news and journalism as "fake news", whilst championing social media platforms through his usage of them. This reinforces the current behaviour of people dismissing the opinions of experts (scientists for example, in regards to climate change), and instead choose to absorb poisonous shit from any lunatic who uses social media as a platform to voice their world view, which may have no basis in reality or fact. Ironically people consume more "fake news" through social media charlatans than from any legitimate source. When people stop listening to experts, and choose ignorance instead, that's when dangerous situations flourish. And that seems to be something Trump is actively trying to promote.

Well there is Bill.

Can you imagine what kind of hell he's in right now?

Don't think they had a merry Christmas. I'm guessing a servant burnt the turkey while Hillary was killing another in a drunken rage and Bill had to clean it up.

It's one of those points that actually makes sense as policy, said in the crudest of ways that makes it hard to defend. I mean, of course Norway, a highly educated country has a pool of potential immigrants that are more attractive to any rational host country. And, yeah, Haiti is... not on my list of potential vacation destinations. And why exactly are we giving Haitians special consideration?

But Trump makes such commonsense belief toxic.

As a person representing the US you really need to find better ways to say shithole so when it gets out in public it isn't so funny. I mean I've referred to some places as shithole myself. There's the hole in the wall hamburger joint I eat at that actually has pretty good burgers but because I teach children I don't say to a fellow teacher at recess "I'm going to go eat at the shithole burger joint".

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.