The Trump Administration 2017-

Ms. Spam

The expectation is set differently when you become elected. Regardless of being a shiesty businessman and a B TV actor/reality show host does not excuse you from being magnified or reviewed as the US President. They did the same thing to Hillary putting her in the microscope and banging ENDLESSLY about emails and foundations and yet despite this president doing basically the same things he's like Teflon. This is not the school yard. And while Obama may have said stuff he was not dumb enough to do it with the expectation it wouldn't get out to the public. He was careful with whom he may have shared this type of talk or they at least respected him enough not to broadcast it. That's the difference. I think. I mean for crying out loud, Cheney shotgunned a person at his ranch in Texas and still had pull.

The end result is that we are driving American's to be more interested in what happens in our government and Trump has been good for discourse on subjects we normally wouldn't give a damn about. I mean now we are thinking about those people and their countries and immigration.

Care to explain further? I mean, immigration has been a huge political issue for the last dozen years since Bush proposed an amnesty.

Though, I rather wish that this would finally get fixed. The problem is that time and again, the Lindsey Graham is the one doing the negotiating on behalf of the Republican side. It's like the Democrats are negotiating with themselves, except for window dressing.

I don't miss those conspiracy theories.

Hahahha--

Halliburton gets the biggest contracts to rebuild Iraq's infrastructure. Despite resigning to be VP, Cheney's family remains a massive shareholder.

You: Conspiracy!

It's ages ago, we can drop it.

If Cheney was a cop in some police departments, he would have been fired for carelessness with a firearm, even if it was a hunting accident. You have to apply that standard to the second highest member of the executive branch. So yeah, I stand by my opinion.

Handling a firearm with care is a lot more germane for a police officer than a politician. This is so totally divorced from being vice-president that I really don't know where you're going with this. If the guy had died, then perhaps, but this is the first time I've ever heard anyone say Cheney's job should have been in jeopardy.

QuoteThe guy, Harry Whittington, had a shotgun pellet lodged in his heart which caused a heart attack that almost killed him.

I'd forgotten he had a minor heart attack a few days later. Still, the guy made a quick recovery and is alive and well.

You: Conspiracy!

God, I don't even want to think about how many times I had to repeat that Cheney had put his finances into a blind trust and had no interest in Halliburton.

Is it REALLY too much to ask that he not shoot somebody by mistake, and if he does, he ought to resign?

Seems like asking someone to resign because they got into a car accident. Sure, if you're drunk and get someone killed, that's resignation material. But not checking your blind spot properly and causing a few injuries?

Naw.

Of course it didn't play out that way, and we know the reason why Cheney kept his job

It was treated more as a joke even his enemies..

Unless your name is Kennedy, then you can still have a long career in the Senate.

I made that allusion more obvious in an earlier draft, but thought you'd knock me for the same reason you knocked me for bringing up Obama.

It was all before I was born, but sheesh. He let a woman drown at the bottom of a lake because he needed time to sober up before the police got a hold of him and he not only got to skate from prison, but kept his Senate seat until he died and was one of the more consequential Senators in the nation's history.

It'd be like if Roy Moore got in and went on to become the linchpin Republican in the Senate for the next 30 years.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.