The Trump Administration 2017-

Ms. Spam

It's the constant media scrutiny. Sides have been chosen and both are willing to call out the other. When the sexual scandals in Washington were going down people kept asking why this person or that person weren't stepping up to condemn the acts. Simple, they didn't want their crap exposed.

Sorta off topic but that Dad who lost in court in Minnesota over Nasser's trial for sexual abuse of gymnasts - I feel for that dad dude. He's a guy and he didn't protect his girls from what should have been a dream to try and compete for US Gymnastics. If there's anything we have learned it is that there are creeps in all parts of society.

He was definitely upset about the whole thing. It is not like he could be in the room with his kids. I wonder what will come of this to change the way this is done. A lot of people left US gymnastics in a cloud of bad reputations at having let this happen. This is just like abuses that happened within the Catholic Church.

Sorta off topic but that Dad who lost in court in Minnesota over Nasser's trial for sexual abuse of gymnasts

I'll put a bit of blame on the way the judge is handling her courtroom for the father doing what he did. She's made it a spectacle and such an outburst became more likely by her grandstanding.

Well, why is it the Dad's failure.

It's totally not his fault. However, I imagine there's no amount of logic that will get a father to forgive himself for trusting his daughter to a person who would do such a thing to her, never mind three daughters.

The judge didn't bother me much about the way she ran her courtroom. I mean she did deny the fathers request to be locked in a room with Nasser. He just has to be patient. Jail is coming for this dude.

In that one case, sure. But she's been rather unprofessional throughout the sentencing phase, acting as a cheerleader and therapist to the victims and being downright vengeful in her remarks. She started the sentencing phase by saying she wishes she could allow someone to do to Nassar what she did with the girls.

As a human, not a bad thing. But as a judge, she lowered the level of decorum in her courtroom and opened it to outbursts like we had this week. If the judge is on the edge of self-control, it's easy to draw a line that it will trickle down to the victims that it's okay to seek vengeance themselves.

I also strongly suspect that the judge was acting for the cameras.

What is Minnesota? I think of it as kind of backwater. It's not like Trump is going to pick her to be a SCOTUS candidate. Not that I excuse behavior like this but she's faced with overwhelming evidence this guy did this and she probably has a pink hat in her closet.

Minnesota is always best when you can view it from your home on TV in another state.

It's not a shithole state. At all.

(And yes, Fargo is awesome. Praying that they'll do another season. Best TV show since Breaking Bad).

Haven't been watching the Olympics myself, but I have noticed that even Buzzfeed is taking note of how insane some of the coverage is in regards to N. Korea just because it's an opportunity to make Mike Pence look bad.

Just take a moment and consider if Tim Kaine had done the exact same thing (he would have) and how different the coverage would have been. Then wonder again why conservatives tuned out the media long ago to focus on their own bubbles.

I wonder if our media realizes they are writing her death warrant with their fawning coverage, just to embarrass Trump. In the Stalin school of dictatorship, where the Kims trained, the only thing more dangerous than a traitor is a hero (or heroine). She just represented North Korea on an international stage in a way he never could. Her date with an anti-aircraft gun is inevitable.

What is Minnesota? I think of it as kind of backwater.

Are you calling Minnesota a ****hole state?

I remember arguing with people here who called Idaho a Shithole state. Now I wish more thought the same way. Idaho is growing way too fast for my taste. The only positive is that most of the people moving here are doing so because they think they want to live in a a less regulated and more free state. The negatives all revolve around them not knowing what that actually means, and then trying to change Idaho into California so that they feel comfortable again. The neighborhood I grew up in is unrecognizable, as is the next 10 miles. I'm sure it's the same everywhere.

All the sudden it's great big "yuge" news that the Russians were playing both sides. How retarded are people? Putin doesn't care who our president is as long as they aren't able to effectively oppose him. Everyone says Putin is playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers, I say there are a bunch of stupid or unethical people who are supposed to be on our side doing his bidding. This whole collusion story is gold for him. Anything that could make Americans doubt the legitimacy of our president strengthens his position. Anything that makes them doubt our intelligence and law enforcement agencies (with good reason IMO, they are basically a non-Facebook super legitimate Russian propaganda ad) is even better.

Trump isn't Adolf Hitler. He isn't Ronald Reagan either. He's Michael ****ing Scott.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.