Lucas1138

Looks like we're gearing up for the end next year!

http://io9.gizmodo.com/game-of-thrones-showrunners-confirm-there-are-only-15-e-1782731578

The rumors have swirled for a while now. Various people who have worked on the show have dropped hints. But now David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, Game of Thrones showrunners, have officially, irrevocably confirmed that we only have 15 episodes of the show left... at most. Probably less.

Regardless of the number they will split it into two seasons and milk it. They won't do an extended 15 episode season.

I hate when bad guys plans on tv shows or movies involve so many moving pieces and people reacting in the exact way the bad guy wanted. Just doesn't feel right. I'm not going to compare the book to the show, just on the show though if Varys long term plan was to place Dany on the throne I dont think his actions throughout the show reflect that in a reasonable way.

I think some of you are overestimating Littlefinger just a bit.

For the first time it seems Petr's little scheme isn't going as planned. I think he fully intended on Sansa accepting a marriage proposal, and for the northerners to rally around her rather than Jon as she is a legitimate lady of winterfell. This is because he didn't fully understand northerners and their values. They are cut from a different cloth than the type he's used to dealing with. However...

I wonder what's left of Jon's army versus littlefinger's. There didn't seem to be much left of Littlefinger's cavalry unit that we saw, but I'm sure he has more soldiers. He's not dumb enough to commit his entire army. The surviving archer unit under Davos's command was Jon's. Jon's cavalry unit was wiped out, and his infantry unit was pretty depleted. If Jon scrapes together what he's got, I doubt it will be enough to repel another attack, even with winterfell. If littlefinger's got siege weapons like catapults or ballistas...forget it, so what's stopping him from executing plan B, attack winterfell and take it? If you don't think that's his style, he could still leverage his military advantage diplomatically.

Except Jon has the remaining military might of the North behind him now, so...

And again, Yohn Royce and many of the lords of the Vale hate Littlefinger. This isn't as simple as him making some order and them executing it. And all Sansa has to do is come clean about him murdering Lysa and conspiring to murder Jon Arryn. Everything he has falls apart.

If Littlefinger's goal is to sit the Throne with Sansa as his wife and his plan to get there is to hold up in the Vale while the Walkers attack he is doing a very poor job of executing that plan.

Remember, the show's writers came down with a bad case of hella-stupid last year. I don't believe we'll ever get an explanation as to why Littlefinger handed Sansa off to the Boltons. It doesn't make sense tactics-wise because Sansa was, by far, his most valuable commodity in gaining favor in the north. It doesn't make sense character-wise because Littlefinger seems genuinely obsessed with Sansa.

So why did he do it? So the writers could tear down Sansa's character one more tiime (despite hinting that she'd started to learn the previous season) with the ever tactful rape storyline.

Really, we can almost forget anything that doesn't make sense from Season 5 because the season as a whole was so far beneath the show's normal level.

Lucas1138:

Yeah, that too I suppose is significant. But we still don't know how much that's worth, or if they are even organized and battle-ready. Littlefinger's army probably is. If they were to attack say...RIGHT NOW it might just be a walk-in.

Littlefinger should seriously consider killing Sansa now that he knows for certain she isn't Team Petr. He might have been thinking with "little petr" a bit too much when it comes to Sansa,

Lucas1138:

Yeah, that too I suppose is significant. But we still don't know how much that's worth, or if they are even organized and battle-ready. Littlefinger's army probably is. If they were to attack say...RIGHT NOW it might just be a walk-in.

Again, the Knights of the Vale are not going to do that simply because Littlefinger, he of a tenuous claim at best, whom they hate and still suspect of murdering Lysa Arryn, tells them to.

Littlefinger's remaining purpose in this show is to get outmaneuvered by Sansa and meet a brutal end.

With a rewatch, the fact that Sansa is both still alive and still sound of mind is nothing short of a miracle. She's probably the most changed character on this show. If even a fraction of what has happened to her had happened to me, I'd be a raging alcoholic at the very least.

I'm not sure how. Their motivations seem so far apart. how could that happen?

Really? I mean they both hate the Freys, right? Maybe I'm extrapolating some book stuff onto the show. Just think about it though, Arya is in the Riverlands, Brotherhood in Riverlands. Maybe Arya gets killed, the Hound tells the Brotherhood she was Ned's daughter. The Brotherhood was basically started by Ned. Beric tells Thoros he wants to give his life to bring Arya back. Arya comes back. Even more pissed than before.

Later Brienne and Pod, who are also in Riverlands, are caught by the Brotherhood. The Hound points out that Brienne has Jaimes sword and Pod was Tyrion's squire so they must be loyal to the Lannisters. Then its up to Arya if they live or die.

Anyone else think Arya is going to lead the Brotherhood and essentially take Stonehearts place?

Arya has always had the end-game that left me the most unsure. I have no idea what her purpose is going to be. In either the book or the show. Right now that guess seems as good as any to me.

I think Arya's purpose is to kill those hard to kill mofos. Like Walder, who was sitting in his impregnable fortress with Lannister backing. It would have taken a large army to accomplish what she did by herself.

Hey! Isn't the Vale supposed to be impregnable? Hmmmm

I'm not sure how. Their motivations seem so far apart. how could that happen?

Really? I mean they both hate the Freys, right? Maybe I'm extrapolating some book stuff onto the show. Just think about it though, Arya is in the Riverlands, Brotherhood in Riverlands. Maybe Arya gets killed, the Hound tells the Brotherhood she was Ned's daughter. The Brotherhood was basically started by Ned. Beric tells Thoros he wants to give his life to bring Arya back. Arya comes back. Even more pissed than before.

Later Brienne and Pod, who are also in Riverlands, are caught by the Brotherhood. The Hound points out that Brienne has Jaimes sword and Pod was Tyrion's squire so they must be loyal to the Lannisters. Then its up to Arya if they live or die.

I misunderstood your meaning. You meant if she were to die and get resurrected lady stoneheart style and continue to administering smack. That's definitely possible. Its nice and creative. I honestly think if the show was going to do lady stone heart, it would have done it already. My guess is she's just going to continue to take people out.

Season 7 Directors:

Alan Taylor

- Baelor 1.9

- Fire and Blood 1.10

- The North Remembers 2.1

- The Night Lands 2.2

- The Prince of Winterfell 2.8

- Valar Morghulis 2.10

Jeremy Podeswa

- Kill the Boy 5.5

- Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken 5.6

- The Red Woman 6.1

- Home 6.2

Mark Mylod

- High Sparrow 5.3

- Sons of the Harpy 5.4

- The Broken Man 6.7

- No One 6.8

Matt Shakman

- No GoT, but a lot of other stuff.

Season 8 Wish List:

- Alan Taylor

- Neil Marshall

- David Nutter

- Miguel Sapochnik

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.