Lucas1138

How does one even counter "dragon"?

-Dragons pwn ships. they just can't maneuver. No.

-Catapults Have similar problems, plus they can't get an aimed shot off fast enough to hit fast-moving targets. No.

-Most ground troops are sitting ducks, unless hidden in forests....in which case they are slightly less vulnerable, but still useless. No.

-Archers. Lots of them. Preferably from fortified, defensible positions like castles and guard towers and such. That has possibilities. Can't move a castle, though.

-They are beasts, which makes them wargable for a powerful enough individual, if such a person exists, and are at your disposal. That ability becomes really valuable all of a sudden.

There's actually a fair amount of dragon killing that's been done in the ASOIAF universe (though I can't cite anything off the top of my head).

Castle didn't do much for the lord of Harrenhal during Aegon's conquest :D

Warging - *nods* But I think Bran/Dany will be on the same side in the War for the Dawn.

I agree with your logic though. We found out/assume he's a Targaryen. That's what is important now. Finding out who exactly Rhaegar was might be important later. (I don't think so though, I just don't think the throne is anywhere in Jon's future, so I don't think it'll matter much that he's the rightful Targaryen heir. Know what I'm saying?)

Basically, it's just tough to pinpoint what will make the cut for being important from book to show at this point. We've gotten virtually nothing about Rhaegar, and even less about Azor Ahai/Lightbringer. Both of those things are hugely important for the book - I'm not sure they'll play a role in the show.

I understand. I hope you are wrong, though! I am excited at the thought of seeing some of these things explored, but you could be right. These things may never come to pass, especially if Dany ends up marrying Jon anyways. I think that is most likely the endgame of it all.

At this point I'm not sure we'll ever get Rhaegar character development :(

My guess is they'll do a series of flashbacks to the bits that have made it into the show (Barristan telling Dany about him singing in the streets, somebody (I forget who) saying he would've been a great king, reminding us that he's why Robert started the rebellion) and then throw in some new information to top it off.

There's actually a fair amount of dragon killing that's been done in the ASOIAF universe (though I can't cite anything off the top of my head).

Was it done by other people with dragons? I'm just guessing ;)

I don't think the average person who hasn't seen the dragons in action truly understand what they can do. We saw the masters return to Meereen pretty confident they can defeat Dany eventhough they knew she had dragons.

I'd think any sane person mildly experienced with naval warfare would be wary of going gainst an enemy that breathes fire.

Like has been pointed out, Euron will probably turn out to be nothing more than a loose end they tie up by having him defeated and killed.

Yeah, that's the other possibility. Euron is just a speed bump on the way to Westeros.

Season 7 begins with Dany and Yara in their bunk paying off that tease in Episode 9 when someone knocks on the door telling them the Iron Fleet has arrived. They get up and Dany flies her dragons into battle, burning the fleet within 10 minutes, and clearing her path of all resistance to landing on Westeros.

Welcome back.

I can't imagine Euron's sole point in this story is to motivate Theon/Yara to leave.

That seems the most K.I.S.S. solution, so I am thinking it's likely. But I'd like for something a little bit more. Still have 700+ minutes of show left - but conversely, that's not nearly as much as it sounds like!

Actually it would be strategically better to land further north at Highgarden now the Tyrell's are allied as well.

It's interesting that in the books that area is besieged by the iron men and wouldn't offer the same opportunity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.