Oppenheimer

The Choc

Its just a great movie. And its a movie where you can tell all the actors knew they were working with greatness and thus just acted the hell out of it. If some indie movie that 50 people see beat this for best picture then the Academy should just shut down. 

Every scene is just expertly acted, tense and propels the plot forward. Its phenomenal. 

Looking forward to seeing this at some point. Nolan is a really special filmmaker. 

9 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

I'll probably get to it once it's on a streaming service eventually, but then again, I said that about Tenet too and haven't gotten around to it

I loved Tenet! Big fan of this and would really recommend you watch it. Very clever and rewards the second viewing seeing some parts a little differently. 

10 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

I don't doubt it's great, but there was absolutely nothing about the trailers or advertising that made me want to see it. I'll probably get to it once it's on a streaming service eventually, but then again, I said that about Tenet too and haven't gotten around to it

I am more or less feeling the same way.  I have enjoyed every one of Nolan’s films that I have seen, so I am sure it is extremely well made, if nothing else.  The subject just doesn’t pull me into wanting to watch a movie about it.  I’d be much more likely to read about it, though. The Manhattan project is quite fascinating from a scientific and engineering point of view.

I am sure some of my own feelings about the movie are also just that I rarely watch movies anymore, too, and even less often in the theater.  Given that, though, there are very few things being released or that have been releases in recent times that I feel like I am missing out by not seeing in one.

I am glad to hear that it is doing well and that people like it, though. 

I just got out of it and don’t really know how I feel about it yet. I feel like I missed a lot because I didn’t know that much about Oppenheimer’s background and had a lot of trouble figuring out what the hell was going on for about 80% of the thing. 

Buuuut I’m also feeling that way about the majority of movies or shows I’m watching these days so the more plausible answer is I’m just getting old and stupid, and seeing a three hour epic mid week at 7.30pm wasn’t the best way to go see this. 

3 hours ago, Dark Wader said:

I just got out of it and don’t really know how I feel about it yet. I feel like I missed a lot because I didn’t know that much about Oppenheimer’s background and had a lot of trouble figuring out what the hell was going on for about 80% of the thing. 

Buuuut I’m also feeling that way about the majority of movies or shows I’m watching these days so the more plausible answer is I’m just getting old and stupid, and seeing a three hour epic mid week at 7.30pm wasn’t the best way to go see this. 

Yeah, I think that might not have been the best time of week to see it.   Personally, I will wait until it is on video and see it at home.  Any movie over 2.5 hours is too much for the theater anymore for me.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.