Dead Pool 2022

monkeygirl

1 hour ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

Someone please clue me in on what's so bad about Phish fans (or any band fans, really). I'm clueless and bored.

For me it's not so much ALL phish fans, just two in particular.

These two are parents of a kid who Eli worships the ground he walks on (two years older, so automatically cool, right?), and his little brother. The parents are pretty wealthy and use that wealth to spoil the shit out of their kids, that way they don't have to do any actual parenting. Why enforce bedtimes or healthy eating or even WATCHING YOUR KIDS AT ALL when they can just play Fortnite and beat the shit out of each other and have a 3 year old answer the door saying "what the fuck are you doing here" when we go to pick Eli up? For a variety of reasons (cussing toddlers is the least of which), Eli doesn't go to their house anymore, but lucky us, their grandparents live on the other side of the park next to us, so they're constantly around.

The reason Phish is included in this, is the parents just fucked off and went to Colorado for a week and left the kids with the grandparents, who apparently don't have any interest in paying attention to these shitty kids either. The kids are very bad influences on Eli, but we're hopeful with school starting tomorrow they'll be around less--we saw them last summer but basically never during the school year last year, as the older goes to a different school in the district than us.

So, besides Phish just sucking in general as a band, I've now decided all their fans are just as awful. Fuck I hate those kids, and it's not even their fault.

19 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

So, besides Phish just sucking in general as a band, I've now decided all their fans are just as awful. Fuck I hate those kids, and it's not even their fault.

Listening to Phish makes you a terrible parent.  We've all known this for years now.

1 hour ago, Zathras said:

No.  Just saying it was impressive he made that much money off his music.  

The dude is smart!  Good on him!  If the stories are true, he started off homeless when moving down to Florida and started playing in local bars.  He has a lot of cheesy work and his later collaborations with shitty country stars are equally as bad.  His early work is genuinely very moving and well written stuff with great arrangements.  It may rub people the wrong way to turn your art into a billion dollar empire but so what.  That just speaks to the power of his songs and his lifestyle.

Ah, we've got one of those spoiled little a-holes in our neighborhood. Really I have a bigger issue with the mom, who has been super aggressive with Q because she wants her kid to play with the kids in her class to gain social standing. I told Q she really shouldn't be playing with the girl because she's a lot younger, but sometimes she manages to sneak over there. But this summer Q said the parents were smoking something that smelled bad. I'm not a big pot hater, but dad is an anesthesiologist (hence the $$$$), so I'm sure his workplace would love to know that.

I think the thing about Jimmy Buffet is I'm not sure I've ever heard a bad word about his character. He's chill, his fans are chill. I mean I lived in Florida for 6 years so I'm familiar with the Margaritaville lifestyle and there's a lot of fans down there. Seems like he made a lot of people happy with his music and didn't use his wealth to be a dick.

7 hours ago, Zathras said:

That sucks! I feel bad for not only the people with dementia, but their families as well.  On that note, Bob Barker's cause of death was related to Alzheimer's.  Just sad all around. 

My brother-in-law is going through his battle with dementia. It's only a matter of time before he's gone. We're pretty sad about his current condition. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Cerina unpinned this topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.