CONFIRMED Star Wars Episode 7 news

Driver

That's so ****ing dumb.

I'M IN.

(Also, would that settle the debate whether Endor is the moon or planet? lol)

edit2: oh and, Driver, are those art pieces legit or cool fan stuff?

The art pieces are legit.

Loving the Chrome trooper. (hopefully the rumors are true that it's a women...)

Loving the flamethrowers.

Loving that mask.

I love the idea of the empire having a culty sounding new name.

The Empire is The First Order and the Alliance is The Resistance. OFFICIALLY!

I guess that means the war didn't end with the death of Palpatine. I'm fine with the fact the entire Empire didn't fold up as soon as it happened, but you'd think the Alliance would be a little bigger than still being an upstart resistance movement.

I doubt they will get too into it in the movie but I'm guessing in other materials we could see the new names are basically just for PR. I mean you don't wanna be "The Empire" who like built Death Stars and blew up planets. So you call yourself "The First Order", ya know you keep order, make things nice. Then for the other side you call yourself the Resistance cause ya know you are resisting the evil First Order who is really just the Empire.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Now that is pretty cool to know that is a practical effect. I just assumed that BB-8 was CGI in the preview.

NO RANDY-- THERE'S SNOW IN OTHER SCENES CLEARLY THAT'S HOTH

You two do realize all this backlash is against people who haven't posted here in probably a decade, right?

I'll admit that when I see desert planet in Star Wars I don't think of anything else. Of course we've seen it in 5 out of 6 movies so far.

NEW THEORY! THE ENDOR WAVE!

Jaku is actually Endor. It was just decimated as all the debris from the Imperial Fleet and Death Star feel to the ground, killing Ewoks, burning down trees and turning it to a wasteland.

Aaaaaah those were the days! I really, really can´t explain to my staff why I started laughing my ass off there.

NEW THEORY! THE ENDOR WAVE!

Jaku is actually Endor. It was just decimated as all the debris from the Imperial Fleet and Death Star feel to the ground, killing Ewoks, burning down trees and turning it to a wasteland.

Aaaaaah those were the days! I really, really can´t explain to my staff why I started laughing my ass off there.

You two do realize all this backlash is against people who haven't posted here in probably a decade, right?

I'll admit that when I see desert planet in Star Wars I don't think of anything else. Of course we've seen it in 5 out of 6 movies so far.

I do the same thing, its just natural. But once it's identified as a different planet then it's all good. Doesn't matter to me either way.

And if you think about the marketing possibilities with video games, the more different worlds name checked on screen, the richer your game environment.

Can't speak for Driver, but I thought we were poking at SW fan snit-fits in general. If anything we said resembled any specific members, I wouldn't even know because back in Nightly's heyday, I usually avoided the SW movie forums as much as possible, with their hardcore fans who got so stuffy and scholarly about their shiny alien space opera explosions. That aspect of Nightly was JC's thing, not mine.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.