We have a lot of non-winter people here.

Thank goodness we're off on Monday already because it's going to suck to be a Texan this coming three days. I am super worried about plant snacking by my indoor idiot cats who have to sample all the plants I am about to bring in, the outdoor cats I can't bring in and a tiny possum. Today I am going to try and find a bunch of stuff to make shelters and a heater like appliance. I also have to get some cloth to cover to pomegranate trees my neighbor grew from seed. And its SOUP weather! 

As long as my pipes don't break I will consider it a win. 

Ted Cruz has already called his travel agent. 

The MLK march is still going to happen on Monday but I am wimpy and will stay home as the kids have been circulating all their lovely illnesses. 

It's really fricking cold for Washington right now. It's like 11F here? The dog loves it. I keep saying I bought a golden retriever, not a husky, and I would like a refund. Some people have been posting about cold kitties. If you have access to straw and a Styrofoam cooler, apparently that is a good place for them to warm up. At the very least, I bet the possum would take you up on it.

We were going to go skiing today, but decided to wait for tomorrow because it was -2F this afternoon with wind chill of -24F, and it's supposed to warm up to like, 15F tomorrow.

Our windchill is going to be going negative overnight and should keep doing that for the next night or two after that, too.  The high today was 60 degrees, too, so that’s just a tiny bit of a drop in a little over 12 hours.

LOL School closed again today because they can't get the heaters to work. I was texted to report in late but then just got another text saying ABORT. They're still serving hot meals though for school kids who show up. So lunch ladies are STRONG.

Also so glad I am not a Tesla bro. Prius for the win! 

9 hours ago, monkeygirl said:

It's been cloudy and chilly for Florida-highs in the 50s and lows in the 30s an 40s. I love it for sleeping but I miss warm sun.

quoting this for later when you're sweaty from humidity. LOL

Schools are closed here today because the roads are icy. We attempted a late start and then they called it completely. Every district in the area called it except our old district (and we live like a mile from that boundary). I was so excited about no soccer practice because they use school fields. But they managed to find a lighted non-school field in a neighboring school district. It's snowing right now, so I don't think we are going anyway. Soccer in the Pacific Northwest is so dumb. This is not a winter sport.

Also really glad we did not get that F150 Lightning lol.

SOOOOOO school is canceled again until Monday because people in charge of the locked pads that control the heaters forgot to do the settings before they locked up the school last Friday. They left it set at the setting like it's 90 degrees outside and 90% of the schools in my district with this new thermostat don't know how to program it so the heaters won't click over and work in them. Oddly only the high schools that specialize in STEM knew how to operate and set the thermostats so those kids have to go in. Soooo because it was really cold now that we're above freezing, pipes are breaking everywhere and there's very little to no water.

Oh, the Apple weather app is pretty damn awful for anything more than telling current and predicted temperatures.   Anything involving precipitation that isn’t a storm covering a huge region is incredibly different than the forecasts I see from the National Weather Service or the Weather Channel.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.