How would you feel about a prequel reboot?

Quetzalcoatl

A lot of things were kind of messed with when the prequels were released. Lightsaber color being one of them, but one of the biggest to me was how Jedi dressed.

In Star Wars Obi Wan dressed like he was living on Tattooine, I never thought that was the official Jedi look. He dressed like Owen and similar to Luke. I always just thought that's what people on Tattooine dressed like. Even when Anakin showed up in rotj, I just assumed he wore similar robes because he was from Tattooine too. It was kind of suggested as much when Obi Wan tells Luke that Owen wanted Anakin to stay on Tattooine and not follow Obi Wan on some crusade.

Then in tpm all the Jedi dressed like that and it made no sense to me.

Yeah that bugged me too.

Obi-Wan, Luke and Owen all have similar outfits. So do the Jawas! That was clearly Tattooine garb.

I fully expected Jedi to wear what Luke wore in ROTJ. When that didn't pan out I had secret hope that once the Clone Wars kicked in they'd change it up. Like the brown and white were their normal garb, but the black was meant for action. But nope.

Which makes you wonder what Luke was wearing-- that wasn't a Jedi outfit or a Alliance outfit.

One thing about Poe originally being mean to die in the TIE crash is this: what was the plan for the attack on Starkiller base then? I mean already it's not the strong point of the movie by any means. It would be even weaker if we didn't have any known characters taking part in it. If Poe was supposed to be dead would it just be all random, unknown pilots attacking the base?

The "Jedi robes" and the lightsaber coloring schemes were definitely screwed up. The robes were improperly retconned, effectively making everyone that wears them look like Jed. This includes EVERY GUY on tatooine. The attempt was obviously to make the movie look Star Warsy, but had the unpleasant side effect of making Jedi robes the most fashionable clothing in the Stat Wars universe. Who would have thought the inhabitants of a harsh, backwater planet like tatooine would posses such incredible fashion sense?

And the lightsaber colors: I've said it before here. They either should have been all different colors, or only blue. Red for bad.

All different colors makes practical sense, and would look purty.

All blue and red makes sense story-wise despite the ROTJ green one. Blue because Jedi say so, red because bad guys say so. When Luke made his, the Jedi institution was officially gone, so it totally could look different.

Jedi having a choice of either blue or green is kind of stupid to me. Of you have a choice why just those two? Also...why one purple one? Yeah yeah I know...Sam L Jackson wanted one. Lucas should have just told him no, or acquiesced and allowed more colors for everyone.

See the problem here is visual continuity. It paints a very strange picture.

So-- serious thought...

There is a way to reboot the prequels unofficially.

Rumors about an Obi-Wan movie are growing in strength to the point that they've turned into theorizing that Obi-Wan might get his own trilogy of films.

IF that were true... what if each one took place in between the PT films. The first could be between TPM and AOTC, and feature a new Anakin around 13-14. The second would take place between AOTC and ROTS and have Obi-Wan off on his own mission during The Clone Wars. And the third would be after ROTS where everyone is assuming his standalone movie would be.

They would be in the prequel era, but have unique stories and would be made by people who knew what they were doing.

So not a legit reboot, they don't make the PT un-canon... but they, the same way TFA does, would give us the stuff we wanted to see in the prequels.

Also, I'd like a pony.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.