Alien: Romulus

Zathras

Looks good, if not original.  I'd like to know if they will connect it to Prometheus and Covenant.  I know it isn't a popular sentiment, but I enjoyed those films, and hope they do connect the films to Romulus.  The only thing is the title reminds me more of Star Trek than Alien.  

I'm amped that it it looks and feels like a horror movie, like the original... in a way that Prometheus and Covenant did not. Those movies had decent stories, but they weren't horror movies. They were sci-fi action movies with a couple horror scenes put in. 

I actually love Alvarez's Evil Dead remake, so I am pretty amped for this one.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

I'm amped that it it looks and feels like a horror movie, like the original... in a way that Prometheus and Covenant did not. Those movies had decent stories, but they weren't horror movies. They were sci-fi action movies with a couple horror scenes put in. 

I actually love Alvarez's Evil Dead remake, so I am pretty amped for this one.

Yeah I love that it's a horror movie, too.  Something that has been lacking since Alien 3, really.  

44 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

I never even got around to Covenant. Is it worth it? I hated Prometheus

Covenant is more of a horror story than Prometheus.  It centers around colonists who go to the planet David happens to be on, and had been on for 11 years, where he "bred" xenomorphs.   Said colonists land on planet and hijinx ensues.  Almost everyone gets eaten.  That is the long and short of it

I know the new one apparently takes place between Alien and Aliens, and while they haven't confirmed it, rumors say the female lead (seen with the pulse rifle in the trailer) is Ripley's daughter.

6 hours ago, Tank said:

I know the new one apparently takes place between Alien and Aliens, and while they haven't confirmed it, rumors say the female lead (seen with the pulse rifle in the trailer) is Ripley's daughter.

I hadn't heard the Ripley's daughter rumor.   The movie primarily takes place on an abandoned Weyland-Yutani space station called Romulus, where W-Y found the original Alien from the first movie, and reverse engineered it, and guess what, something goes wrong.  The cast comes across the space station by way of escaping a colony.

6 hours ago, Tank said:

Oooh - hadn’t heard that rumour. That would be great!
The best thing in recent years in the franchise was Alien Isolation - PS4 game that amped the suspense up so well! involves her daughter searching for her mum and has some super tense “oh - have haven’t taken a breath for a few mins” moments!

Trailer looks good for Romulus! Fingers crossed!

Looks good, but I like to think of Aliens as Tank said--sci fi with horror elements.  This looks like a horror film with sci fi elements. 

Am I the only person that enjoyed Prometheus?

Regarding it being Ripley's daughter, if it serves a logical purpose, sure.  But I am so tired of franchises being so desperate to make as many connections between movies as possible--this character is so and so's best friends college roommate or that dude was in the background of the Cantina giving Greedo a handy or whatever. 

Regardless, as a pretty big fan of this franchise, I will see it in theaters.

15 minutes ago, Hobbes said:

No!  I really enjoyed it. I mean I get why some don't like it because it demystifies the Space Jockey and inserts the Engineers into the mythology, but I actually enjoyed it.  It doesn't have to embrace them, but hope this film doesn't contradict/retcon Prometheus and Covanent.

1 hour ago, Hobbes said:

Looks good, but I like to think of Aliens as Tank said--sci fi with horror elements.  This looks like a horror film with sci fi elements. 

Regarding it being Ripley's daughter, if it serves a logical purpose, sure.  But I am so tired of franchises being so desperate to make as many connections between movies as possible--this character is so and so's best friends college roommate or that dude was in the background of the Cantina giving Greedo a handy or whatever. 

Regardless, as a pretty big fan of this franchise, I will see it in theaters.

You read me wrong-- I'm HORROR first, sci-fi second. Or really, as the original and Aliens managed to pull off-- equal parts both.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.