Robert Kennedy Jr for President?

Odine

I don't know too much about the guy, other than the fact he is a litigator and was doing a lot of cases against the pharmaceutical industry, and he wrote the book The Real Anthony Fauci. 

But this speech has me very impressed. Seems like leadership the world could use right now 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iZUZZTtZw_s&t=1619s

I'd vote for him given the options available 

I thought you might say that. I listened to him speak for about 2 hours on that subject, and my take away from it was not that he was an anti-vaxxer but that vaccines are inherently dangerous and not without risk. Some vaccines in particular that are mandated the risk outweighs the benefits. Obviously he presented a significant amount of evidence to back these claims but my recall is not good enough to site it here. 

I'm not sure about COVID misinformation, but if it was about the COVID vaccine being ineffectual and carrying more dangerous side effects than benefits, that's not misinformation. Heart arrythmia, very high inflammation, pulmonary issues including embolisms, cardiac arrest, and a dramatic uptake in all cause mortality post COVID vaccination programs. That's not misinformation there is well documented evidence to support that. Even anecdotally my step father had pulmonary embolism post COVID vaccine, massive inflammation that left him bedridden. The only reason he didn't die is because his base metabolic health was so good to begin with. My mother developed arrythmia seemingly out of the blue post vaccine. And many many other people have similar experiences. There is more and more evidence every day to support this. I regret ever having the two COVID vaccines. 

Anyways, I don't particularly want to get bogged down in a conversation about vaccines. Just more interested in a presidential candidate who wants to run on a platform of peace, who generally distrusts the Industrial Military Complex and Pharmaceutical industries and can actually string a coherent sentence together. 

You can’t have a conversation about this Kennedy without talking about vaccines and the fact that he knows only surface level information about vaccines and clinical trials.  The fact that he knows just that surface level information is why he is so dangerous with his claims about them; he knows just enough to sounds like he knows what he is talking about, but he doesn’t understand the details and nuances.  That makes the rhetoric that he spews extremely dangerous.

I am very sorry to hear about what your father experienced with the vaccine.  From what I have read in the journal articles about myocarditis and severe inflammatory responses to the Covid vaccines, the prevailing understanding is that individuals who experienced them typically have proteins present that result in an immune overreaction to the vaccine.  There is also ample evidence that the rates of myocarditis and similar reactions are even more prevalent in those who got Covid but did not receive the vaccines (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9467278/#:~:text=Conclusion,those who received the vaccine.) Unfortunately, it is impractical to test everyone for such proteins ahead of vaccination. That is why governments started advising a much bigger block of individuals than likely actually has that protein response to consider alternative vaccines.

Such reactions were not caught in the clinical trials due to the extremely small probability of individuals having those reactions.  Clinical trials are designed first and foremost with safety in mind.  That is why they start with small sample sizes during stage 1 to test for safety issues.  In stage 2, the sample size is chosen very carefully to then check for evidence of, in this case, immune response (development of antibodies), while still keeping the sample size low enough that if there are adverse reactions in a size of the sample that would not have been caught in stage 1 due to rarity of those reactions, the number of people potentially harmed would still be extremely low.  Moving on to stage 3, the samples are the largest they will be in a controlled experiment to test if the end goals for the study are met. In this case, that means the modulation or prevention of Covid in patients receiving the vaccine.  However, once again the sample sizes cannot reasonably capture the most extremely rare events that may occur in less than 1 in several hundred thousand individuals.  That is why every single medicinal product is monitored by regulatory groups after they hit market to watch for extremely rare adverse reactions to offer subsequent guidance.   In fact, the first several years after a product is released is referred to as Stage 4 of a clinical trial.

In normal circumstances, the general public hears very little about any of these stages or the process, only typically that it takes years to go through.  That time frame is usually due entirely to a lack of funding and resources to handle the manufacturing, logistics, and recruiting aspects of the trials in a short period of time.  With the whole world throwing resources and money agh the problem at the same time, those challenges were mitigated and allowed for all of this to happen in a time frame that saved and/or greatly helped a tremendous number of people.

Kennedy and his ilk do not understand how these things work, nor the way that the field of statistics provides context to the numbers that they throw out there as evidence of wrongdoing.  

2 hours ago, Zathras said:

Gah! No more Kennedys please!

Why do you say that? Not a fan? I thought the Kennedys were a fairly universally respected political family as far as the broader population was concerned. Obviously they have had some staunch opposition.

5 hours ago, Odine said:

Why do you say that? Not a fan? I thought the Kennedys were a fairly universally respected political family as far as the broader population was concerned. Obviously they have had some staunch opposition.

I like JFK and RFK (seniors).  What I oppose is political dynasties like the Kennedy and Bush families.  We are not a monarchy and I have a problem with families (particularly uber rich ones like the aforementioned ones) that think they can pass political power from father to son. 

I thought I didn’t have any opinions on this guy but I checked my notebook and it turns out ... I did!?!?

You might think the thing that derailed RFK Jr’s political future was him being too stupid to pass the bar exam (as an assistant district attorney!) in 1983 or him pleading guilty to heroin possession in 1984 but I think it’s that his voice is dumb and annoying. And not the usual Kennedy level of dumb and annoying. It’s not Mayor Quimby dumb and annoying. It’s rasp-y and phlegm-y at the same time! It doesn’t register to the ear as pleasingly striking, oddball-ish, the way lots of politicians sound. His voice is really bad. It sounds like a foreign dub of a cartoon frog in a movie that shouldn’t exist.

[Oops! Apparently he’s been diagnosed with spasmodic dysphonia and has had surgery in Japan to fix it!?!?!?!?]

But those are all reasons why he won’t be President. I mean, unless he joins up with President Donald Trump as his veep — a unity ticket! — and then the big guy keels over after being sworn in (oh no!!!1! the vaccines have struck him down!!!1!) I can’t really see it happening. The reasons why he shouldn’t be President of the United States — just to clarify, yes, I’m okay with someone who’s stupid and a criminal being the President; no reason to depart from precedent!!!1! — are because his political stances on Medicare, climate change, inequality, criminal justice reform, racial justice, etcetera, they’re all deeply inadequate to the needs of the moment! There isn’t even a strong commitment for his campaign not to take corporate PAC money! I mean, what does a guy have to do around here to get a sheepdog candidate?! Cry? Beg!?

7 hours ago, Zathras said:

I like JFK and RFK (seniors).  What I oppose is political dynasties like the Kennedy and Bush families.  We are not a monarchy and I have a problem with families (particularly uber rich ones like the aforementioned ones) that think they can pass political power from father to son. 

Yes political dynasties are definitely problematic, I agree with that sentiment. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

image.thumb.jpeg.386de31619130ded6daba489fc195594.jpeg

RFK Jr. choosing the former Rebbetzin Google as his running mate! Weird! What a world!

Well, the future seems obvious from here. RFKII wins in a landslide and takes the oath of office on January 20 2025. And then, oh no, he is tragically assassinated. A nation mourns! President Shanahan outlaws autism.

image.png.fc17cf292d61e6798cd1ce43fb3092a9.png

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.