2016 U.S. General Election

Pong Messiah

I agree with 80% of her platform.

I agree with 80% of Trump's platform. And he's never been convicted of any crimes either (or even accused of anything as serious of what I'm convinced Clinton is guilty of). Should I vote for him?

Myself, I expect more out of politicians than just having the system ignore their crimes because it's unthinkable to put a warrant out for the Democrat nominee when if she were a soldier and guilty of even the lesser crime of negligence, her life would be in shambles at the moment.

These are both special cases. We know both of them are totally unworthy of the office. The best thing to do in this case is to vote for neither. In any case, your vote is yours to have. I mean, you're in California, so, in the end, who cares? But it's far from being a flat-Earther to say that this woman shouldn't be president.

I agree with 80% of her platform.

I agree with 80% of Trump's platform. And he's never been convicted of any crimes either (or even accused of anything as serious of what I'm convinced Clinton is guilty of). Should I vote for him?

Myself, I expect more out of politicians than just having the system ignore their crimes because it's unthinkable to put a warrant out for the Democrat nominee when if she were a soldier and guilty of even the lesser crime of negligence, her life would be in shambles at the moment.

These are both special cases. We know both of them are totally unworthy of the office. The best thing to do in this case is to vote for neither. In any case, your vote is yours to have. I mean, you're in California, so, in the end, who cares? But it's far from being a flat-Earther to say that this woman shouldn't be president.[/quote

I personally don't think any woman should be elected president. My girlfriend would agree. They just can't take the pressure. They're better off with cats and a rom com.

Ok fair enough. Tell me why you think Donald Trump would be a bad president without saying OMfG HE'S DOESNT LIKE MUSliMZ

He doesn't know how to read and he is actually racist - look at his fathers history. Number one on the list for me though is he's just a poor thin skinned business man who is reactionary. He has another business fixing to enter bankruptcy. He's actually got six previous businesses charged off in bankruptcies. This whole thing was done on a lark originally to add to the Trump name. He can't honestly tell the truth even when there is video proof it didn't happen (see Obama's speech concerning the veteran with a Trump sign who was at a Hillary rally and Trump's version). He has an almost childlike version of how the world functions which would be laughable if Gary Johnson's grasp of the world wasn't worse. His Foundation is a sham to help him move money in a shady way and pay for things he doesn't want to pay out of pocket for or to encourage more money to the Trump name. He's a misogynist. The only foreign heads of state that actually respect the guy don't really as they clearly think of him as a puppet, that is Putin, or they like his instability because it reflects there like the North Korean leader. He will cause a stock market crash or panic (see how the stock market rebounded when Hillary was given a waive on the email scandal for the billionth time by the FBI on Monday). His actual tax plans will cost money and cause us to go further into debt.

So, basically his list is probably the same or longer than Hillary's. I mean yes, Hillary and the State Department should have been handled differently. She stayed with Bill even though he's done some things that are morally objectionable but no different than any cheating man or woman in the US. Whitewater. It was actually Newt Gingrich who ended up giving Bill a balanced budget and surplus to claim during is presidency. But you know, she'd rather do this than stay home and bake cookies. Her relationship with world leaders is more stable and won't cause panic. CHIP insurance for kids is fantastic and a great thing to have.

I honestly don't get how you can vote for Trump. Carrie almost had me because it's a toss up I can't really see the downside of a Hillary presidency while a Trump presidency may cause me issues with what I believe about gay marriage (which I don't think Trump himself would move on but a GOP Congress could repeal) and my job. And in the end it cut that way for me.

Also when Trump came out saying Guiliani for AG I wished I could have taken my vote back. OMG! When he indicts Hillary for whatever perceived thing it ends up being to fulfill one of Trump's campaign promises the resulting trial will lead to the most entertaining thing since this election. IF Trump wins.

There are a lot of good reasons to support either candidate, or not support either, depending on your own personal circumstances, your economic class, your general vision for where you want the country to go, and so on.

Spam you listed none of them. I really hate to say this, but maybe somebody needs to say it to you. To a non-ideological person who isn't particularly partisan, your list comes off as the Democrat version of Tex. I mean, do you have any sort of self-consciousness at all? Your entire list reads like some facebook rant of a 20 year old that gets their news from the Daily Show. It's just a string of talking points that could've been ripped straight out of a Huff Post blog article. I say this sincerely- did you actually put any critical thought into any of your positions? You sound just like the people that Chalup criticizes all the time, the people that have Rush on 24/7 and just repeat what they hear like parrots. I would go into your post a little more, but I've realized that I've actually addressed some of these points before (such as the bankruptcies), and the fact that you still don't understand why that's a misleading statistic is a little unfortunate. I know you read what I wrote, because you replied, but yet here you are, repeating the same talking point, with no nuance, which betrays to me that you didn't actually think about this issue after we talked about it and are on 'auto-pilot' mode, just outputting talking points, like a robot.

I mean, I understand you apparently are somehow surrounded by evil red-state rednecks (basically worse than Nazis) like 24/7 (how you manage to surround yourself in this way, I'm not sure), but then again, why you're getting worked up into a frenzy... it's a little surprising to say the least, especially since in about 24 hrs, Clinton will have won, you can celebrate and go back to belittling and making fun of people like Tex for being not only rednecks but also supporters of a loser candidate. I dunno, I guess that it was just a fool's hope that an educator of tomorrow's next workforce would have a little more sophisticated reasons for voting.. maybe, say, an economic comparison between Chinese tariffs and out-sourcing, or perhaps a defense of NATO enlargement in the Baltic. But, no. Just repeated talking points, like the rest of the 80 IQ masses, voting on pure emotional impulse. As a teacher, who I'm guessing lectures her students on being critical thinkers- aren't you even a little bit ashamed of this?

Don't answer that, I already know you aren't. I am now kicking myself for actually taking the time to write this. More so than any other cycle, this election has been the most aggravating in the pure amount of schlock out there- very poorly written "news," very limited coverage presented out there in a non-partisan fashion, where I can get updates without being lectured at, or preached at, or forced to listen to some unsophisticated, undesired commentary. Nightly for a time was a respite from that, at least a little bit, and with a few posters, but it's come to my attention that those posters can now be counted on one hand... and I knew this, so shame on me for wasting time in this thread. I significantly decreased the posting this year, didn't even bother with the state-by-state updates this year, knowing I'd get few educated responses, but I'm questioning why I even bothered to post at all. I think this is it for me on this year's election, and I am unquestionably done with this thread. Happy election day tomorrow, everyone.

I'm not looking deep. I can't even be bothered to care hence my limpwristed reply I am typing now. I teach fractions and basic multiplication tables to 4th and 5th graders who speak English as a second language and I'm posting on a message board in the dying throws. If I wanted to do in depth research and present a great argument that was worth the 2 hours spent researching the topic and bring out footnotes I'd guarantee it would not be for here. I'm not invested. It's the internet for Christ sakes. People post in less than 140 characters on Twitter and Facebook can't even indent. The only reason I post is because I have insomnia.

But really, Trump? He is even a draft dodger.

And I'm kind of excited to see how this shakes out tomorrow.

Trump has never held a public office, has never studied constitutional law, and has made it clear he doesn't know how our justice, immigration, legal, or court systems function.

Throw all his bluster and rhetoric aside, he is simply not qualified to lead. Obviously our electoral process doesn't care, but I personally would have somebody who has some experience and education in politics in office or somebody who doesn't.

You can hate Clinton as hard as you want, but you can't say she is less qualified than Trump.

There are a lot of good reasons to support either candidate, or not support either, depending on your own personal circumstances, your economic class, your general vision for where you want the country to go, and so on.

Spam you listed none of them. I really hate to say this, but maybe somebody needs to say it to you. To a non-ideological person who isn't particularly partisan, your list comes off as the Democrat version of Tex. I mean, do you have any sort of self-consciousness at all? Your entire list reads like some facebook rant of a 20 year old that gets their news from the Daily Show. It's just a string of talking points that could've been ripped straight out of a Huff Post blog article. I say this sincerely- did you actually put any critical thought into any of your positions? You sound just like the people that Chalup criticizes all the time, the people that have Rush on 24/7 and just repeat what they hear like parrots. I would go into your post a little more, but I've realized that I've actually addressed some of these points before (such as the bankruptcies), and the fact that you still don't understand why that's a misleading statistic is a little unfortunate. I know you read what I wrote, because you replied, but yet here you are, repeating the same talking point, with no nuance, which betrays to me that you didn't actually think about this issue after we talked about it and are on 'auto-pilot' mode, just outputting talking points, like a robot.

I mean, I understand you apparently are somehow surrounded by evil red-state rednecks (basically worse than Nazis) like 24/7 (how you manage to surround yourself in this way, I'm not sure), but then again, why you're getting worked up into a frenzy... it's a little surprising to say the least, especially since in about 24 hrs, Clinton will have won, you can celebrate and go back to belittling and making fun of people like Tex for being not only rednecks but also supporters of a loser candidate. I dunno, I guess that it was just a fool's hope that an educator of tomorrow's next workforce would have a little more sophisticated reasons for voting.. maybe, say, an economic comparison between Chinese tariffs and out-sourcing, or perhaps a defense of NATO enlargement in the Baltic. But, no. Just repeated talking points, like the rest of the 80 IQ masses, voting on pure emotional impulse. As a teacher, who I'm guessing lectures her students on being critical thinkers- aren't you even a little bit ashamed of this?

Don't answer that, I already know you aren't. I am now kicking myself for actually taking the time to write this. More so than any other cycle, this election has been the most aggravating in the pure amount of schlock out there- very poorly written "news," very limited coverage presented out there in a non-partisan fashion, where I can get updates without being lectured at, or preached at, or forced to listen to some unsophisticated, undesired commentary. Nightly for a time was a respite from that, at least a little bit, and with a few posters, but it's come to my attention that those posters can now be counted on one hand... and I knew this, so shame on me for wasting time in this thread. I significantly decreased the posting this year, didn't even bother with the state-by-state updates this year, knowing I'd get few educated responses, but I'm questioning why I even bothered to post at all. I think this is it for me on this year's election, and I am unquestionably done with this thread. Happy election day tomorrow, everyone.

I'm going to call BS on this.

I get that for you that politics are a science made up of data points and analytics, and given your well-know disdain for human emotions and penchant for pooping on people who think with their hearts, but history is too full of political paradigm shifts based ideological stances. You're too much of a history nerd to deny that.

Does this election have some dire ideology involved? I think so. Not as much as the media and pundits might have us believe, but I think enough basic ideological ideas are under attack in either direction that people are understandably scared. If somebody wants to vote with their heart, they have that right. Whether it's about thinking trump is hitler 2.0 or that womenfolk shouldn't take office

You can hate Clinton as hard as you want, but you can't say she is less qualified than Trump.

To quote Reagan:

“It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.”

Obama has taken us down a road where Congress is toothless and the courts, bureaucracies, and his office (as long as there's a Democrat sitting there) are where the real legislative power lies because they lean liberal and cannot be touched by voters. His foreign policy is an ideological absurdity of hugging your enemies and slapping your friends in the name of weakening America as a superpower in favor of misplaced reliance on international cooperation.

I mean, if you believe in those things, then yeah, Clinton's more qualified to keep that going.

Clinton being more competent at keeping us headed in the wrong direction and further into the abyss of a powerless electorate and a ruling class that preys on tribalization to maintain power, arguably makes her less competent than the guy that doesn't know anything in the first place.

Personally, I find liberal methods for maintaining power (separate from their ideology itself) to be utterly morally bankrupt. It's part of why I'm so repulsed by Trump. His methods remind me of Democrats. At his core, he's more like Obama than anyone realizes.

I'm not looking deep. I can't even be bothered to care hence my limpwristed reply I am typing now. I teach fractions and basic multiplication tables to 4th and 5th graders who speak English as a second language and I'm posting on a message board in the dying throws. If I wanted to do in depth research and present a great argument that was worth the 2 hours spent researching the topic and bring out footnotes I'd guarantee it would not be for here. I'm not invested. It's the internet for Christ sakes. People post in less than 140 characters on Twitter and Facebook can't even indent. The only reason I post is because I have insomnia.

But really, Trump? He is even a draft dodger.

And I'm kind of excited to see how this shakes out tomorrow.

Draft dodger? You are a riot. If he is a draft dodger than so is Bill Clinton

New game!How much of the ridiculous things Trump wants to do will actually happen if the Senate and House are also Republican controlled? IS it the Fourth Reich? Will I get my wish for a civil ware and west coast succession?

Nope. You can have an the massive earthquake if you want. Don't worry, though. You can blame it on climate change while you're trying to find a raft.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.