2016 U.S. General Election

Pong Messiah

Dissent and bullying are two very different things. Democrats and liberals have been completely unwilling to dialogue or even make a case, they just shout down anyone who disagrees with them.

Which works a lot, but they tried to shout down someone who doesn't give a **** about them, and as a result they lost the election.

Yeah, sorry, but I have NO time for bigots and racists. That's something I'm willing to be a bully about.

You can't bully an extremist into moderating. It only pushes them into shooting up an abortion clinic or voting for Trump.

I found out the other day that a guy I have worked with for over a year is a racist. Came up in conversation when I asked if he watched the election. His reply was "No, my wife is a Hillary supporter and I am way to big of a racist to sit in there and watch it with her. We would have ended up in a big fight. I grabbed a bottle and went to the shop."

Now, I know that many of you think I am a racist, but the fact is that I don't feel like a racist and my first instinct was to jump all over him. Instead I let it pass and continued the conversation down a different path for a bit. The racism thing came back up a few minutes later and I realized something, he was embarrassed about it. He felt bad about being a racist. I told him my thoughts on the subject and we moved on. Everybody has the right to make up their own mind, all you can do is help them to see it from your point of view. I don't know if he will think on the subject and come to his own (different) conclusion, I just know I can't come to the conclusion for him.

Can't believe all the crying. It's all you see on the Internet. Even heard that some colleges are having "cry-ins" and are offering therapy sessions and handing out Play Dough.

What a bunch of sinivelling spoiled little brats.

I think the media missed the boat on some things but also there was some good reporting done. One thing I can say is that thanks to Trump I don't hear about Bengahzi anymore.

Facebook is being accused of promoting fake news articles. I don't know how it's Facebook. These people pass stuff around like it's truth on social media. Brietbart is a huge part of this.

She is trying to. Some people may even still be buying it. The one that cracks me up is trying to blame a "hostile media".

The remarkable thing is that they believe it. They were all upset about how no one was talking about the new "Trump's taxes" narrative they were trying to peddle. Why were we on her emails again when the Clinton camp was ordering them to make waves about Trump legally using the tax code? Don't they understand how this works?

I started looking at foreign news outlets towards the end. Still slanted but if you look at a few dozen different sources you get a more balanced view. The media sure does make it hard to get all the information these days. Takes 20 minutes of research just to make sure the first 10 seconds of reading you did wasn't bullshit.

Facebook is being accused of promoting fake news articles. I don't know how it's Facebook. These people pass stuff around like it's truth on social media. Brietbart is a huge part of this.

The problem with news on Facebook and other social media (I hear) is tailoring the story selection to the reader. It is a great idea in theory, but the story you need to read isn't always the one you want to read. Does the algorithm calculate your need to read the story?

Facebook for news worthy events is good for first person views through their new live feature but I don't blame Facebook for passing around stupid Breitbart stories or Liberal Lefty memes. That's just the peanut gallery posting which is the equivalent of say the comments section on a actual news website or a letter to the editor of a regular newspaper.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Can't believe all the crying. It's all you see on the Internet. Even heard that some colleges are having "cry-ins" and are offering therapy sessions and handing out Play Dough.

I'm definitely no fan of Trump. Anyone who is a regular here knows that.

But yeah. Cry ins, and the latest where people wearing safety pins so you know they didn't vote for Trump.

F*cking ridiculous. Seriously.

I stepped in dog poop taking the trash out. perfect metaphor for this election.

You mean that your neighbors are lazy fucks who don't care about anything or anybody? That they are too lazy to take care of their own business(so to speak) and that others end up paying the price for it? You're right. We're just not talking about the candidates.

oh, fuck YOU. You have no IDEA what it's like to be anything other than a privileged, white male. Peoples very lives will be at stake. This is something that is already having a very real effect on US citizens. fuck YOU and the high horse you rode in on to call them names just because it won't be YOU.

That is the face of Democrats and liberals of the present day--they act as if they are the most tormented, threatened group of people in history--utterly offensive. Think of it: the diaper-soaking set marching and needing "cry-ins" actually believe they are in the darkest time in history like no other (because it--like everything else--is all about them) conveniently ignoring how jaw-droppingly idiotic is to think their concerns about abortion, bathrooms, "The Wall", etc. is as terrifying, and historically destructive / relevant as say, Native American genocide, slavery of Africans across the world for centuries, the European pogroms against Jews...you name it.

Ehh. Forget about that. A Trump presidency is Satan unchained and The Earth Dies Screaming* in 5...4...3...2...

*My apologies to Terence Fisher.

oh, **** YOU. You have no IDEA what it's like to be anything other than a privileged, white male. Peoples very lives will be at stake. This is something that is already having a very real effect on US citizens. **** YOU and the high horse you rode in on to call them names just because it won't be YOU.

Once again, that attitude is why your side lost, and will continue to lose. You're illogical, full of nothing but emotion, and feel like you should insult everyone who disagrees with you.

Just so you don't think that I'm begin general, monkeygirl is the exact type of person that destroyed Hillary and is destroying society as a whole.

I think that's a little extreme and harsh to say.

Let's look back and see who is making fun of the crying--

Kurgan-- white guy

Marc-- white guy

Carrie-- a complex AI in female human form

Justus- white guy

Fozzie - white guy

I haven't responded to it-- but I keep going back an re-reading Carrie's statement to me about how I'll benefit a bit from a Trump presidency-- and she's right. I live in liberal land where the Mayor of LA and the Governor have already come out said they will enforce no fascist Presidential orders and my Senator just submitted a bill to ban the electoral college. I make enough that I'll greatly benefit from Trumps tax cut even if he ditches the Head of Household single parent deduction. Unless the secret police catch me making out with a drag queen, I'm pretty much safe. My kid is safe. I'm not being marginalized.

That's kinda the definition of privilege. I say that, and Ill be accused of having white guilt-- but I don't feel guilty about anything. I just know that my path to where I am was a LOT easier because of where I come from.

Now obviously, I'm not the cry-in type. But I'm also not the one being marginalized. My partner is a pretty big Hillary supporter, both vocally and financially, and she's scared. She's scared about women's rights. Minorities are scared. Gay people are scared.

I asked earlier IS there an increase in hatred or is the media just reporting it more. Well yesterday I saw two skinheads with Nazi armbands walking tall and proud in freaking BURBANK. Less than a mile from where Ellen shoots her TV show, Disney studios, and my kid's school.

This isn't Arkansas. This is the liberal capitol-- I've never seen that flagrant pride over being a super racist-- not even in college when I liked this girl that was so into soccer she hung out at this British pub where a bunch of skinheads lurked. Even they never went past haircuts and boots.

I see Monkeygirl's reaction, and while I think it is based in emotion-- I still think she has that right. I've said over and over I'm liberal for more social reasons than fiscal-- but when you see things like Bannon being appointed. I don't see how you can blow it off as an emotional response. Here's a dude that is PROUDLY sexist and admits to it. He's pretty anti-semetic too-- though I don't know he's as aware of it.

Do I think that being the party of coddling and crying foul has hurt the democrats? Absolutely.

But does that mean that the causes they support should be ignored? No.

Does it mean that a woman who is afraid of the fact that all Republican run government can now set back women's rights with legislature and bills we've seen them try to pass in the last four years? Absolutely.

Does Tex have a horse? MAYBE!

Am I trying to start a fight with Kurgan, Marc, Carrie, Justus, or Fozzie? No! Just pointing out why Monkeygirl sees the privilege problem.

I don't have a solution, I'm not one for losing my ****-- but let's attack the Democrats rhetoric, not their beliefs.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.