Official Doctor Who New Series Discussion (spoilers)

The Shadow

BBCA just took one week off for Memorial Weekend. So the US airing ended up one week behind the UK airing. Both regions are in hiatus now.

The mid-break finale was spectacular. I loved all the geeky Who-ness of it. The one-liners were rampant and great. The twist, though I expected a twist, was cool. The reveal was done well and was as many of us expected.

Can't wait for more.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LESS THAN THREE WEEKS TO GO.

BBC Three are showing all the 6a episodes at the moment.

Synopses of episodes as we know so far: (Not really spoilers but I thought I'd be safe)

Episode 8 - 'Lets Kill Hitler' - The gang are on the trail for Melody Pond and end up in 1930's Germany and come face to face with the greatest war criminal in the Universe. And Hitler.

Episode 9 - 'Night Terrors' - Something in the cupboard is preventing a little boy from sleeping. The Doctor intends to find out what it is.

Episode 10 - 'The Girl Who Waited' - Amy Pond centric. Very little know about the episode except that it will 'make you feel differently about Amy' (as says the writer and director)

Episode 11 - The God Complex - The trio find themselves stuck in an abandoned hotel where each room contains a different nightmare. It might be your own, or the nightmare that killed the last person to step into that room.

Episode 12 - Unknown - Craig (James Corden) and his girlfriend return. With a baby. Some other familiar foes are also lurking around.

Episode 13 (Finale) - Unknown - Will feature some sort of alternative reality/timeline at some point including Pterodactyls in Hyde Park and Churchill as the Holy Roman Emperor.

Clips from the episode are up on the site!! As are pictures

Ummmmm okay Clip 1 - A girl called Mels?? With a GUN? Shoots the TARDIS and forces it to crashland in the Reichstag. Nice. It took me a good long time to connect those dots.

Clip 2 - Rory and Amy are miniaturised in a ROBOT VERSION OF AMY? And apparently it's all in her mind.

Pictures - River and the Doctor kiss. Again. Lovely

Brain storm idea:

The Doctor's worst enemy is his greatest love, River Song. River is a good soul gone Wrath of Khan insane. This process starts when the Doctor (Tennant) saves her from death, putting her in a computer. Slowly her existence there becomes twisted and she acquires the ability to strike out at the man that imprisoned her.

The Holy Army is lead by a Papal Mainframe that speaks with River's voice (believe it, check back and really listen). The Papal mainframe abducts herself as a child, possibly understanding that possibly instead by coincidence.

In the mid season finale River warns the Doctor his good intentions aren't always good... from other points of view. This idea ties it all together.

Hell hath no fury like a spurned woman.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.