Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What Episode IX needs to do to save the ST

262 replies to this topic

Robin

Robin

zambingo

• Validating
  • 524 posts
To be clear Im more intrigued by the part of the concept I presented that Reys past could be and perhaps should be focused on again, given the extreme options presented in two films about her and how that ties to her antagonists life pov, rather than the part about her relation or past being tied to a Skywalker or Solo. The truth may lie in the middle* + the importance of history to the present and future concepts can be done without that familial tie.

*grammar is fun and funny isnt it? :-)

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

wearing out welcome since 2009

• Supporters
  • 8,630 posts

I think it's hilarious that Choc actually thinks I haven't already blocked his replies, and that I actually care what he has to say to me.  

The Choc

The Choc

• 8,941 posts

I knew Chalup had blocked my replies or at least assumed he did. Doesn't matter, the nature of this board is not 1 on 1 back and forth conversation. I'll respond to whatever posts I feel like.

Either way I still have no idea why this person has any problem with me. 

Filthy Jawa

Filthy Jawa

Bring back Mandard!

• 8,664 posts
Well there is certainly a theme in TLJ that the misguided villain wants to tear down the past. And our former, now misguided, hero wants to burn down the past too... literally.
But our real hero preserves the Jedi texts. She will honour the past and continue the Jedi way.
So perhaps it's about her learning to let go of her personal history, but embracing other histories? I don't know.

The Choc

The Choc

• 8,941 posts

I'd say it's about learning from and honoring the past but not being completely beholden to it. 

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts

I'm torn between waiting to see how it plays out, and bitching about Kylo going from wanting to finish what Vader started to completely telling the past to **** off.

Also, I hope Episode 9 actually feels like Star Wars this time.

• El Chalupacabra and Odine +1 this

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,537 posts

Kylo finishing what Vader started could simply mean the end of the Jedi. He knew Luke still lived and wanted the map to him.

The Choc

The Choc

• 8,941 posts

I kinda figured it meant he would do the one thing Vader said he wanted to do on more than one occasion but was never able to. Which was to overthrow his master and rule on his own. Which is exactly what happened. 

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,398 posts
I'm going to cry foul on the original post. The ST doesn't need to be saved, that's a big ol' opinion. There's things that could be done to improve it, things that could happen to ruin it-- but if you're not happy up to this point, I highly doubt your opinion will be swayed.
  • Ryn +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,793 posts

Pretty straightforward, for all you TLJ haters out there.

Not sure what you're calling foul on. The question is "What does Episode 9 have to do to save it for TLJ haters?"

It isn't even a Ramon thread that's difficult to understand.

RamonAtila

RamonAtila

• Members
  • 885 posts
I hate TLJ, but I totally think the ST could be saved for me. I'm just hoping ep9 isn't Maz heavy cause I wasn't too crazy about her. Potential spoilers:
Spoiler

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

wearing out welcome since 2009

• Supporters
  • 8,630 posts

• Tank +1 this

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,398 posts

Agreed.