Cyberpunk 2077

Odine

Even with legendary edition I had to skip half of ME1 and get right into ME2. 1 just feels so clunky and awkward that I got frustrated and skipped it. No regrets. Me2 is night and day better, I'm looking forward to 3. Then back to night city baby 

My OCD won't let me skip ME1, but I hear you. it can be a slog. At this point I play a "movie" version of it and know what to do to game the carry-over choices I want. I will also say, that with mods, ME 1 was a bit more fun. You can't change the core gameplay of course, but I loaded up tons of weapon adjustments and did a lot of back-porting of weapons and armors and skins to make it least LOOK and low key feel more like ME2/3. I think I had close to 50 mods running. I also used headmorphs and special made outfits so my Shepard looked identical in all three games.

IMG_6396.jpeg

IMG_6390.jpeg

IMG_6191.jpeg

IMG_5957.jpeg

IMG_5954.jpeg

IMG_5952.jpeg

IMG_5951.jpeg

I have my 12900k on an AIO 280mm water cooler and the large case has (2) 140mm fans bringing in cool air. It stays fairly cool, under load.

The 4K PC in the living room can get a little warm. I’ve downclocked the 10850K a little and I might under-volt the 3090 graphics card to keep it a little cooler.

I couldn't even tell you my specs hahaha. Where in stupid ass windows do I go to view them? I let my son spec it out a few years ago when I got it.

Back to the game itself... finished the base game now. I took a different route than before, still had a lot of fun. I found a lot of different things this time, not sure if they were added for 2.0 or Phantom Liberty, or if I just missed them before. I know the Edgerunners released added stuff too.

Overall, it's now a game worthy of being a AAA title. Of course, you all know how I feel about no 3rd person, but beyond that, I really only have a few minor complaints about the game overall. Mainly--

- The journal/map is still awful. After every completed task it auto-defaults you back to the main storyline with markers and prompts, which for an open world game is so annoying. There's literally hundreds of things to do, and to not be able to queue and manage tasks efficiently is annoying. Not game-breaking, but definitely annoying.

- There's still random moments of tank. Sometimes Johnny Silverhand looks amazing, other times, he's out of a PS1 game.

- They added a glitch effect to the overall visuals to all action scenes, which I find really distracting, It used to be saved for when you were getting hacked, but now it's there the second you enter combat.

- Every car save for the top tier ones are nerfed to be twitchy AF-- I'd forgive this if there were more driving related skills to counter-act it, but there are not.

Overall these are pretty minor complaints though, and I'm sure that one 2.0 starts getting more modded there will be fixes.

Forgot to say— my one other disappointment… the romances in this game leave a lot to be desired.

Panam and Judy are both great, but they are gender specific and really only have one path. River is lame, and there are only TWO joy toys you can hire. I was expecting Phantom Liberty to give more options, there are at least 3 new characters I’d have tried to bang for sure! But alas, they are not romance-able.

I'm a keyboard and mouse warrior. I hate controllers. The only exception is driving, however I can usually get used to it pretty rapidly. Keyboard and Mouse is superior for FPS games, and i play a lot of RPGs so clicky clicky mouse is the way to go. 

You can’t really play post-base game, as the OG endings are all pretty finite. The DLC doesn’t become available until after act one of the base game, and like everything else, will get dropped and locked out if you got past the point of no return. It’s meant to be played during act 2.

So it is integrated naturally. If you’ve finished the base game and want to play it, they give you two options:

1. Start a new game, after you get to act two you’ll get a message that will lead you to the DLC. Once you play the first act of ITS story, it will then let you progress at your own pace and you can go back to playing base game missions at the same time.

2. Start a new game, but jump directly to the Phantom Liberty story. This will skip the required missions of act one of the base game and gives you the XP/perks those missions would have earned you.

Keep in mind too that a month before the DLC came out the game had a huge upgrade. If you were playing before September you’ll have to respec all your skill points.

My honest opinion is unless you’re super into the game and lore, it’s best to just start a new game. While it is it’s own story, the DLC really plays on top of the existing story and a lot of nuance may be lost if you’re unfamiliar with the story at large.

On 11/17/2023 at 11:23 AM, Tank said:

You can’t really play post-base game, as the OG endings are all pretty finite. The DLC doesn’t become available until after act one of the base game, and like everything else, will get dropped and locked out if you got past the point of no return. It’s meant to be played during act 2.

So it is integrated naturally. If you’ve finished the base game and want to play it, they give you two options:

1. Start a new game, after you get to act two you’ll get a message that will lead you to the DLC. Once you play the first act of ITS story, it will then let you progress at your own pace and you can go back to playing base game missions at the same time.

2. Start a new game, but jump directly to the Phantom Liberty story. This will skip the required missions of act one of the base game and gives you the XP/perks those missions would have earned you.

Keep in mind too that a month before the DLC came out the game had a huge upgrade. If you were playing before September you’ll have to respec all your skill points.

My honest opinion is unless you’re super into the game and lore, it’s best to just start a new game. While it is it’s own story, the DLC really plays on top of the existing story and a lot of nuance may be lost if you’re unfamiliar with the story at large.

So I should play the base game and then start another game at the act 2 checkpoint with pl?

It’s a fully integrated story mission, you still play your V. It’s just like any other threaded story mission in the game, 

They made the option to skip to it for people who finished the game already and didn’t want to replay the whole thing.

It’s not a separate game, it’s part of the main game in the form of a mega side quest.

Looking back, Cyberpunk seems to confuse you, lol. Just start a new game and you’ll get the hang of it: if you hate it though, Phantom Liberty isn’t going to change your mind.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.