WWE Weekly Television

Stallion

Yeah that looked bad. Hope he's all right. Melo looked like he landed mostly okay, but you can never be totally sure.

I bet Melo splits time between Smackdown and NXT the next few months. He's gotta put over Trick, most likely at Stand and Deliver.

EDIT: watching again, yeah maybe Melo took more of it than I thought

Entirely possible he can just not wrestle for a bit and still be on TV, and won't have to give up the title. If it was ACL, it'd be over. He doesn't have a match at the Rumble, so if they really want Rollins/Punk at Mania, which they clearly do, it's still doable.

Of course, if not, there's Priest at the briefcase.

Fun fact. You can't just buy NXT tickets from Ticketmaster or the other services. You have to email WWE to get on a "I'm interested in going to see NXT" list. Pretty much means I'll have to wait till the end of the school year to go to a show. I'm not sure how long you stay in the list if you blow off a few weeks in a row.

Any predictions for surprise entrants? I'll do a few for both men's and women's :

Naomi - she lost her rematch against Jordyn Grace so i think she's done in TNA

Jade Cargil- this is a lock right?

Nikita Lyons- she'll be one of the NXT women

Mickie James- i wouldn't think they'd do it 2 years in a row, but Nick Aldis makes this more possible

AJ Lee- this would be a kick ass one off. 

Brock Lesnar- time to earn that paycheck

Bad Bunny- i think this will happen even though it would be a waste 

X Pac- there is a ton of smoke so where is the fire

Baron Corbin - his run in NXT has to be coming to an end

Matt Cardona- i think Billy Corgan is open to this if Michael Cole says NWA 100 times. It won't be EC3

Naomi and Jade I'm pretty confident on. Mickie and AJ are a maybe--AJ would be perfect at number 30 considering it's almost a lock Mercedes is going to AEW. Perfect way to keep the crowd from booing (which is stupid anyway, this whole idea that number 30 has to be a huge name is a new concept, considering the Warlord and Duke the Dumpster Droese have been 30 in the past). From NXT, I don't know if it's Nikita. Tiffany Stratton seems the more likely choice to me. I think Liv returns here.

Brock ain't coming back after how he was implicated in the Vince lawsuit. X-Pac seems a good choice to me, Cardona too though I don't know if it's likely or not. Corbin's in the middle of an angle with Bron Breakker, and I bet they're winning the Dusty Cup, so either or both of them could be in. I'd love Breakker coming in to dominate for a bit. Would Carmelo be considering a surprise with him showing up on Smackdown lately? I'd say this is when Andrade returns, and Sami Zayn too.

I know it won't happen but I'd love a surprise Okada debut. But watch the Rock come out, get winded 10 seconds in, but still win lol.

Carmelo is officially on SmackDown so it's not a surprise. Liv i had as a return. Andrade is a good choice. I forgot about Tiffany. I was thinking at least 3-5 NXT women. 

Okada would be a huge risk. Shinsuke did his time in NXT. I'm not sure how much of the crowd would pop for Okada.

I'm going to give a public service announcement to help those of you who might consider going to a WWE event in a big arena/stadium. Just because you have seats on the floor/field doesn't mean you have good seats. PXL_20240128_003351408.thumb.jpg.154c506c796bcaa47117d129de800435.jpg

That's the view from our actual seats. Doesn't look bad, but seated you can barely see the ring. Plus we're behind the WrestleMania sign. My wife being 5'4" we decided to ditch and find a better spot where she could see the action. We found a spot next to the dude that was controlling the drone footage. If you're going to get floor seats you have to be in the first few areas around the ring. Looking up at the video board the entire show would be a waste of money.

PXL_20240128_012628974.thumb.jpg.120cbd27e64f22444fd9049972f2b588.jpg

That aside the crowd was electric. Biggest pop had to be Jey Uso. Second was possibly Naomi. Biggest in match reaction R Truth.

Also because we ditched our seats we had to stand the entire event. I'm so glad WWE didn't have 5-6 hour PLEs anymore.

I think most people enjoyed the Women's Rumble because it subverted most people's guesses. I know I was thinking Becky or Bianca. The singles matches were foregone conclusions. Cody was a 99.1% guarantee right?

I was little confused with the R Truth entrances though. On SmackDown his quarantine joke made it seem like he was going to be 19th. Though both times he came out wasn't at 19.

The Pat McAfee entrance was the Brock Lesnar replacement right?

I give HHH credit for allowing Jordynne Grace to be in it. Mickie James was one thing. She's a WWE alum. It worked because most people know Grace beat Naomi for the Knockouts title. She also showed she belonged in there. She wasn't allowed to eliminate anyone but thems the breaks.

lollllllllll

So who gets Seth now? First thought was GUNTHER. With Brock out and Bron Breakker replacing him, I assumed we'd get GUNTHER/Bron. But maybe Jey wins the IC Title before WrestleMania and GUNTHER moves into the top slot instead.

I've been expecting all along a Damian Priest cash in on Seth after his title match. He could pull an RVD and announce his cash in beforehand, but that would render the Elimination Chamber moot.

How about a triple threat with Drew and Sami, then?

I saw your post before getting to the end of SmackDown. Wow and Okay. I went onto YouTube because you knew someone posted a video story they went off the air. There was nothing more than the tease. 

I don't know how i feel about it. It's a risky call to put all your eggs into Rock/Roman. It's also risky hoping Seth can go at WrestleMania. IDK.

On 1/28/2024 at 11:40 AM, Metropolis said:

The Pat McAfee entrance was the Brock Lesnar replacement right?

I’ve read multiple sources that say Bron Breaker took over the Lesnar spot. He essentially did what Brock was going to end up doing. The McAfee spot was already in the plan before Brock was pulled. 

I understand from a business perspective why TKO/WWE is changing it to Rock vs Roman. But as a lifelong fan who doesn’t just show up for Wrestlemania, it sucks. Remember years ago when “The Authority” HHH-Stephanie McMahon storyline was running rampant holding fan favorites like Daniel Bryan back because it was “best for business?” Life imitating art now with Cody. 

I also wonder if this just TKO attempting to change the narrative from all the negative headlines garnered by the Vince lawsuit? The Rock is beloved by everyone in Hollywood and the mainstream media. He’s been making the rounds, like his appearance on ESPN where he gave Molly Qerim the ring off his finger right on camera. That got a lot of entertainment industry buzz. TKO knows the Rock headlining Wrestlemania will get a lot of positive mainstream media attention in a way Cody Rhodes can’t. CM Punk’s injury just opened the door wide open for TKO to use this for an image cleansing. 

15 hours ago, Metropolis said:

I still have a hard time believing Cody won't be part of the Rock/Reigns match. 

I think this whole Cody/ Rock is fucking genius.  I think they are going to make the Rock into the next Mr. McMahon kinda like how Mr. McMahon was created at the Montreal Screw Job.

I can just see it--Cody wasn't ready...Cody screwed Cody!

It will be Seth v. Cody.  People will be cheering for The Rock over Roman--but that will suck for Roman with all the Cody chants. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.