Crazy Political Status Updates from my Facebook news feed...

Ness

Dammit. I just found out my sister posted something rather dumb on Facebook. I could easily rebut her, but I risk starting a fight, and she and I are rather close. I don't want to risk that, but at the same time I feel compelled to confront and demolish any displays of ignorance I see. This is a no-win situation.

Got an email today from one of the local winery associations, titled, "Thank God THAT is over!" with an invitation to one of their monthly events. I had a feeling it would ruffle some feathers but not the ones I thought it would. Apparently, some people were upset by her invoking God's name. She sent an apology email a few hours later and went into some long-winded explanation of her own personal beliefs that probably ended up being more offensive than the initial email. I'll have to paste it here when I get to a computer.

Dammit. I just found out my sister posted something rather dumb on Facebook. I could easily rebut her, but I risk starting a fight, and she and I are rather close. I don't want to risk that, but at the same time I feel compelled to confront and demolish any displays of ignorance I see. This is a no-win situation.

Don't pass up the opportunity. I believe anyone who posts something on Facebook deserves any reasonably-addressed feedback they get. Maybe try typing a response and saving it for 24 hours and re-reading before you post. But POST.

Wanting to make douchey comments on people's facebook posts gives you soul and integrity? What about tact? I guess not having a soul gives you that.

I like to think of it as "entertainment". I don't live near my relatives nor have any of them EVER helped me (I have been on my own doing my thing since I was 12) so I would post douchey comments anyways because more I'm being a dick than looking for self-affirmation that I love you and care about you. Basically, I think of Facebook as a yet another messageboard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.