NIGHTLY FOOTBALL FEDERATION - Season X!

Rock

I would be down for a yearly contribution, but I didn't get help last year and only a select few gave me money towards the trophies in the first place, so I gave Ex the link to buy his own individual trophy.

I find this pretty disappointing. I actually just mentioned to Lucas last week that we all need to pay this year's dues. I didn't realize that people hadn't even paid last year. When it comes to the large "traveling trophy", that was something that Rock really wanted to do and bought himself - but if you don't want to have to pay to ship it, my opinion is that you really just should decline it in the first place.

The small, personalized trophies, however, was a matter that we all discussed and I thought we all agreed that $3 a year was something we were all willing to do. That's why it's disappointing. I thought people would follow through. If it's going to be a problem just to get people to pay three frickin' bucks, then we either have to scrap the whole trophy idea or make paying your league dues mandatory by draft day. Personally, I prefer the latter - because anyone that deserves to be in the league should at least care $3 worth about the league!

I didn't mean to single you out, Ex. I just meant it as a general rule of thumb. For example, I even mentioned to Lucas recently that if when I win another title, I plan on declining the big trophy, because I have no where to put it & don't want to deal with the hassle/expense. I'd just let the previous champ hang on to it until someone else wins it.

It sucks that you had to pay for part of your own trophy, though. That definitely takes some of the fun out of winning it.

I would be down for a yearly contribution, but I didn't get help last year and only a select few gave me money towards the trophies in the first place, so I gave Ex the link to buy his own individual trophy.

I find this pretty disappointing. I actually just mentioned to Lucas last week that we all need to pay this year's dues. I didn't realize that people hadn't even paid last year. When it comes to the large "traveling trophy", that was something that Rock really wanted to do and bought himself - but if you don't want to have to pay to ship it, my opinion is that you really just should decline it in the first place.

The small, personalized trophies, however, was a matter that we all discussed and I thought we all agreed that $3 a year was something we were all willing to do. That's why it's disappointing. I thought people would follow through. If it's going to be a problem just to get people to pay three frickin' bucks, then we either have to scrap the whole trophy idea or make paying your league dues mandatory by draft day. Personally, I prefer the latter - because anyone that deserves to be in the league should at least care $3 worth about the league!

I hear ya, but what was i supposed to do, keep buying people trophies? Like you said, i was under the impression that people would start contributing which is why i paid all the money upfront to get the ball rolling. But I only had 3 people give me money. Bunch of promises, but only three deposits. And I was cool with that, honestly. I said from the beginning I didn't mind throwing down the upfront costs and that donations were appreciated, but not mandatory. But that being said, i never agreed to buy everyone a trophy going forward. The individual trophy is like $10-$15 shipped, so I didn't think it was that big of a deal for the winner to buy their own... that's like skipping 1-2 McD's meals.

But if someone ELSE wants to organize a yearly fees/dues thing, I'll be happy to contribute. I've already donated $100 to save Nightly's Ass a few months ago, so my online-expense budget is low at the moment.

If not then you can officially go down as the unluckiest owner in NFF history

I have two stud RB's ACL surgeries that say otherwise. :unimpressed:

Not that your QB going down in the championship game isn't harsh, but I mean...****!!! The core of my franchise was not only ****ed up this year, but now may not be together for a chunk of next year, too. And who knows if either will ever be the same? I repeat...****!!! :angry:

VIKINGS WIN IT ALL!!!!

Aussie Kangaroos marauded by European invaders.

An impressive play-off campaign was topped off in style last night as the Vikings managed to win their first UberBowl in the first Championship game not to the played in the US. A capacity crowd packed into the Camp Nou, Barcelona to witness the Vikings out-match the Aussie Kangaroos in a tough battle. The game itself was marred by the early injury to Tony Romo which gave the Vikings a distinct advantage but this may not have been needed as the Vikings put up a record number of points to take the trophy back to London, eventually running out 123-97 winners.

Although traditionally a team that doesn't find its feet when the play-offs start (early losses in previous years to the Marines, Micks and Jokers; as well as a disappointing performance in the 2009 UberBowl against the Heels) the Vikings came into this playoff series on a hot-streak. After a meagre 74 point performance against division rivals the Nightmares the Vikings hit back, scoring 140 points and 128 points in the last two weeks of the regular season to wrap up the regular season scoring title for an unprecedented third straight season.

Speaking before the play-offs Vikings owner Ryan Edwardson praised his team for their 'hard work, courage and fortitude which has allowed them to set the benchmark in the league once again'. Vikings fans may have been worried once it came to knock-out football, but they had no reason to be. The first week against the unpredictable newbie Ruff Puppies saw the Vikings but up an amazing 143 points, the highest ever single team score in any NFF play-off game. A tricky tie against regular season winners, returning UberBowl champs and hot favourites the Jokers proved to be a tighter contest but the Vikings impressed again. Drew Brees put up astonishing numbers to gain 46 points alone, whilst the defence showed up to stop the Jokers in their tracks with 4 INTs, 2 FRs and 2 TDs.

With a draw against fellow international team the Vikings headed to Spain in earnest to start their pre-match training. The Kangaroos had had similar experiences to the Vikings when it came to play-off time and both teams knew what was at stake. The NFF's sixth champion in six seasons was crowned in a tough game that was eventually decided by the absence of Kangaroo's QB Tony Romo and an amazing 99-yard TD scored by Victory Cruz with around 85 of the those yards coming after the catch. Solid performances by Jordy Nelson and Ray Rice couldn't quite account for the absence of Romo as the Vikings ground game came good once more, Arian Foster and MJD combining for 40 points and 2 TDs. In the end the final say was given to Drew Brees who broke Dan Marino's passing yard record late in the fourth quarter.

Cruz's 99 yard TD changed the game in the Viking's favour

'I couldn't be happier for Drew' said Edwardson speaking after Brees threw for 307 yards in the season finale. 'We brought him in a few years ago and he has overseen the development of this team. We may have changed a number of our players but it is Brees that really holds us together and finally all of our hard work has paid off and we have our hands on that trophy!'

An ecstatic Brees was also delighted with his teams performance: 'It's a great honour for me personally but also such an amazing achievement by the team. We didn't have the greatest of regular seasons but we were determined to get to this very moment right here. This is what it's all about for us.'

After a homecoming in London next week the Vikings plan on touring the county, spreading word of their victory far across the country. 'We're the champions! We're going to tell as many people as we can and not let anybody take it away from us!'

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.