NIGHTLY FOOTBALL FEDERATION - Season X!

Rock

The first couple days are usually a coinflip. We either get through a little over 2 full rounds in the first 48 hours, or right at 1. Hopefully we can do what we can do keep the thing moving quickly right at the start, that way we know for sure we won't be scrambling at the end even if people take a little more time than usual.

edit:

In 2011 we got through 47 picks in 40 hours thanks largely to people being on the ball when it came to sending in lists.

In 2010 we got through 11 picks in 48 hours thanks to no lists and awkward placement of our two international bums.

In 2009 we completed one round in 48 hours.

Let's try to make 2012 more like 2011 than the other two, mmk? :)

If it was posteed, I missed it...

1) keeper deadline, and

2) is that the day we clear out non-keepers so we can start plotting our draft course? I want to start planning my strategy, but its difficult until we have all FA's confirmed and available to sort/compare

If it was posteed, I missed it...

1) keeper deadline, and

2) is that the day we clear out non-keepers so we can start plotting our draft course? I want to start planning my strategy, but its difficult until we have all FA's confirmed and available to sort/compare

According to the ESPN site, the deadline to select keepers is July 22nd at 8pm EST

At which point all draft eligible players will be determined

ESPN automatically drops non-kept players at the keeper deadline.

And I still say the keeper deadline will be moved to the 20th, to allow 10 days (most importantly, two weekends) to hash out all our respective strategies. That's about what it was last summer, even with the pre-draft between the expansion franchises.

edit: Yep, last summer it was the 17th, almost the 10th even if not for the lockout.

So unless there's a great movement for it to be the 22nd, I think the 20th (a Friday) will do just fine.

I've got a few things like an insurance deductable to pay, security deposit on a rental car to get back, and then I'll see about fitting the cost of shipping into my budget. If anyone wants to come up w/ a way to contribute towards the cost, they're welcome to.

Or if the rest of us would ever chip in like we've been saying for three years...

Well, that was actually for the small individual trophies. Those are really cool to have for the champions and it sucks that they've had to go away because some people can't manage to follow through on a whopping $2 pledge.

What the **** are you clowns talking about?

The NFF champ is supposed to get two trophies. There is a large "traveling trophy", that is sent from champion to champion after every Uber Bowl. UKLK was our first non-American champion, which was obviously much more expensive to ship (which has resulted in a delay). We are supposed to have a league fee around $2, which is to be used to buy a smaller, permanent trophy* that is shipped directly to the winner. The first few champs have these, but people stopped chipping in for them awhile ago.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a390/darthlohr/Victory2.jpg

Or if the rest of us would ever chip in like we've been saying for three years...

Well, that was actually for the small individual trophies. Those are really cool to have for the champions and it sucks that they've had to go away because some people can't manage to follow through on a whopping $2 pledge.

It was kind of a lump sum, Rock fronted everything. I don't know what, if any, he has recouped.

Who was the last person to get a small trophy?

It was me, in that lump sum order. I sent Exodus the website/instructions if he wanted to place his own order. The only reason that I didn't out-right buy it for him was because only a few of you contributed the initial order. Let me be clear - I was VERY happy to buy the initial trophies w/out any help and was my pleasure to do it. But I also didn't think the onus was on me to fund every trophy from that point on, so I paid the shipping cost to mail the UberCup to Exodus and let him buy his champ trophy if he chose to do so.

I would be happy to chip in each year towards the champ's trophy and the shipment of the UberCup. There's twelve of us, so if we all chipped in $8, that would cover both of those costs no matter who wins the trophy. I know some of us have more money than others, but surely anyone can budget $8/year.

Even though I'm not commish, I would be happy to do all the trophy ordering, collection of funds, etc.

Rock did all of the legwork and fronted the money for the travelling trophy & the four initial personal trophies (that year's champ, plus retroactive trophies for the first three champs). He had initially offered it as sort of a "if you want to chip in, cool" sort of thing, but most of us agree to send him our share (8/10 owners had discussed and agreed on this topic for about a month, with Austin and Super Dragon never posting in the thread). However, this money was only for the purchase (though I have no idea how many people actually paid Rock) and it was always understood that sending the traveling trophy was going to be the sole responsibility of the previous champion.

I would love it if we had a firm, enforced commitment from everyone to do the individual trophies again. The trophies were all bought in the summer of 2010 and then...well, that was pretty much it. Not everyone followed through and we couldn't get people to chip in the following season.

Don't get me wrong guys, I can normally fork over $62 bucks. Right now its just kind of bleh with a few other things I'm paying for.

I'm sure I can knock it out, but I want to stack up rent, utilities, and the insurance deductable for body work on my car first.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.