WWE Weekly Television

Stallion

Yeah I’m a little worried about that too. There’s absolutely no way he wins, so why feed him to Roman like this?

Assuming Logan Paul wins the US title, it should be Knight that takes it from him. Maybe it’ll feel like a consolation prize, but it’s a way to keep Knight hot after losing to Roman, plus will get him some mainstream exposure from working with Paul. 

Exactly. But do you do it at Survivor Series? Do you wait till the Rumble? I'm not liking Logan Paul winning the belt, but Rey has done nothing for the title. LA Knight would make it mean something right now. As cool as it would be for Knight to win the belt at Mania that might be too long of a wait.

• 3 weeks later...

Women's War Games was match of the night.

I turned the show off when the copyright signature came up... only to open up Threads 5 minutes later and find out I fuckin missed it. LO goddamn L I'm still mad

I didn't/don't really want Punk back, I think it'll be toxic overall, but I'd be lying if I said there wasn't dozens of matches/storylines I'd want to see, so here we go. Punk vs Seth at WrestleMania.

On 1/20/2013 at 5:19 PM, Tex said:

I've always hated chick wrestling, even if the wrestlers were talented. I think it's because it's harder for me to suspend disbelief. Part of what makes wrestling work for me is when thou have interesting characters, and there have never been enough interesting chick wrestlers at one time to make it appealing. It just looks like a bunch of hot chicks cat fighting.

Part of the reason why I hate it is because I'm always thinking of what they could be doing instead, like giving male mid carders more air time.

Here's a decades old post from a knob that aged well.

2 hours ago, Nomaa Jedi Piarra said:

Why exactly does Seth hate Punk?

I don't know if it's hate. Seth says that Punk helped the Shield when they came up and that he gave them good advice. He also said he was a dick while doing it. You also have Seth saying things(being honest in his feelings) because he never thought the guy would be back.

I had actually fell asleep four wrestlers into the men's Wargames. I woke up when the post show highlights were running. My wife told me some guy showed up that she didn't know. I said Randy Orton? She's like "I know who Randy Orton is. I don't know this guy." So I rewound and started laughing when I saw Punk. 

WWE didn't need to do it, but you know they saw 2 things. 1) major ratings from now until WrestleMania. 2) IF they can pull this off, they'd be taking a major dump on AEW. Cody was a safe play at the time. He signed right before Mania and was put in a match with Rollins, who at the time truly didn't have anything to do for the show. You bring in Punk now and everyone is already talking about him and Rollins main evening night 1 of WrestleMania.

I more or less feel the same way. I get taking away big names from AEW when they can, but I'll be more interested when they can get someone who hasn't been in WWE before--Jade Cargill and Lexis King, for example, though the former hasn't debuted and the latter is an NXT guy so it's not quite the same.

As for WrestleMania, yeah I'd be surprised if it isn't Punk/Rollins, but I'd prefer they do that sooner and convince Steve Austin to come back for Mania. He took back bumps on the floor two years ago and discussed a match with Brock this year, who's to say he wouldn't come back for another big payday match?

I didn't watch Raw, but i watched Punk's promo. It was uncontroversial. Seeing as Tony Kahn said he couldn't talk about Punk for legal reasons, I'm thinking the same might have held true for Phil. They he only alluded to Seth Rollins I think confirms that's going to be a slow build to WrestleMania. 

• 1 month later...

So the WWE is offering Kamille am NXT contract. It's like the men's tag team scene. You're trying to load up in quality teams but you don't use them. The women's scene is the same. I know it's not that easy, but the women need their own show.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.