ARE WE DRINKING YET?

monkeygirl

Guest Letsgo_7_7

Thanks bodega. More suggestions please. Music still stuck in head.

I'm like 3/4 the way through the bottle, finally starting to get tipsy.

I honestly just revisited Dark Side of the Moon, because I haven't listened to it in a couple years and this time of the season always brings it back to me. Here's the high def rip I'm listening to (at great gig right now):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=328WhjAXpcs

I can't make another sauce until more tomatoes ripen, but I can tell you the story of the sauce. In that way, I will make it all again right in front of you.

Some Eye-talians I've known have shown me various ways to prepare a gravy from canned diced. But ****that, I kick it old school. This febraury I seeded san marzanos because I read they were good for a real saucy gravy and they are easy to grown and work with. They have really worked out. I planted nine of them in May but three died in the heat which came a lot earlier than I anticipated. I supplemented them with yellow cherries and japanese black, but those are just for snacking.

All told my five plants have given about thirty pounds thus far and stand to give about another thirty at least, depending on when frost arrives. I make the sauce in ten pound batches using peppers and herbs from the garden. Sage, rosemary, chives, and oregano. The only thing I don't grow is the onions (no space), garlic (got lazy), and chicken bouillon but to be fair I make that from scratch as well. Peeling is easy with a traditional hot/cold water bath. After that I stew the tomatoes for about three hours while I roast the peppers, chop the herbs, and smoke pot and play Fallout. After the veggies and herbs are added I concoct my special blend of sugar, salt, and pepper and it goes to a slow simmer for about another six or so hours. top it off with a shot of maple syrup and you're done. Then I drink cocktails and post on nightly.net

If it doesn't take me a few hours I don't like bothering to cook it.

WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR DINNER? If it's bad for you I make it.

My woman made some ketchup last year. I found it in my apocalypse cabinet by mistake a couple days ago when we made hash browns. I was like - score!

Guest Letsgo_7_7

Iceheart, agreed. Yo bodega I'm still in the US for a little while longer; can I take a train up to Boston and try your sauce dude?

Dark side- good idea. When in doubt, you can't go wrong with Floyd. I have the original '73 LP... time to go throw that on.

Letsgo - if you were homeless and starving in the streets I wouldn't let you into my house to try my sauce with a little artichoke and mascarpone ravioli.

SIKE! Get it while it's hot people!

Well yesterday we had breakfast for dinner. I made my famous french toast and sausages I twisted a couple days before. I used a sweet apple bread cut thick. I soak it rather than just dip it in some egg, and I use a lot more milk than most people so it's very moist. Then I pretty much fry it in a stick of butter and top it with sea salt and sizyrup. It's going to kill me, but god I know how to make it. A little orange juice brings all that together nicely.

We didn't do anything creative tonight. The lady made a carrot ginger soup and I just had a sammy because I was so deep in the sauce. Figure those raviloi I was talking about might be a good choice for tomorrow...

Well yesterday we had breakfast for dinner. I made my famous french toast and sausages I twisted a couple days before. I soak it rather than just dip it in some egg, and I use a lot more milk than most people so it's very moist. Then I pretty much fry it in a stick of butter and top it with sea salt and sizyrup. It's going to kill me, but god I know how to make it. A little orange juice brings all that together nicely.

french toast would make me incredibly sick becaus eOi"m allergic ot egg. I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE HELL OUT OF IT BECAUSE IT SOUNDS FABULOUS. ravioli sounds awesome, tho.

Haha my lame ass neighbor is down on the patio drinking too. He's on the phone with someone slurring about how he got ****ed on some thing on his insurance. Dude is up to his ***hole in debt and just bought a new car... sorry, a new Prius, and now the wife lost her job. Stacks of ****ty department store credit card bills in the mail. Bada bing! Gotta love trying to keep up with that upper middle class life style when it's 2012 and you'ree a total moron

Edit: he was just bragging about the "corporate discount" he gts on his phone bill "which is like, a hundred dollars a year."

Nice dude, put down ten percent on a tummy tuck for your wife

Guest Letsgo_7_7
Letsgo - if you were homeless and starving in the streets I wouldn't let you into my house to try my sauce with a little artichoke and mascarpone ravioli.

FINE. I didn't wanna go up to Boston anyway, so go f-ck yourself.

Guest Letsgo_7_7

Oh, heh. Right. I didn't see that bottom part of your post.. I finished this entire bottle and now I'm finally sorta drunk

I'm sorry bodega :(

just newcastle. got a ****ton of tequila too, so I might take a couple shots later. we just got down watching beetlejuice, which I hadn't seen since I was a kid and barely remembered. good first half, retarded and anti-climactic second half. then again, it's tim burton, I was expecting garbage, so it was a little better than that.

Guest Letsgo_7_7

Beetlejuice is one of his better films dude. His schtick is pretty freaking retarded and it's only worked in like 2 or 3 films- Beetlejuice has gotta be one.

Yeah, the second half is worse than the first, but the first isn't too bad. The only parts that are really bad now are the sandworm scenes, those look horribly dated.

Yo so when I first saw it, I was like 5 years old or something. It scared the f-cking SH-T outta me. I refused to see it again until I was in HS, and then I was like oh. LOL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.