ARE WE DRINKING YET?

monkeygirl

There you go.

First of all, I am pretty sure, I haven't "ended up", as I doubt I will teach forever. I do love it though, it suits me well because even though I don't have an ounce of nurturing instinct, I have a pretty good sense of humor. I enjoy teaching because every day is different, I'm the boss, and funny **** happens all the time. Plus, I don't sit on my ass and stare at my computer all day, which was the one of the reasons I became a teacher.

As a child, I was obsessed with serial killers and wanted to work in forensics.

I should reciprocate. What made you want to be a lawyer? Are you the blood sucking type or the kind that sits in an office all day doing paperwork? Is that where you thought you would end up? Is there ever a cathartic moment? Of existential crisis- staring at that little disgusting whelp, when you realize that this is all there is?

Guest Letsgo_7_7

frex

What else will you do? Are you sure you're gonna move on? If I had a dollar for every time someone told me that...

and guess what, years later, they're ALL DOIN THE SAME OL SH-T.

I enjoy teaching because every day is different, I'm the boss, and funny **** happens all the time. Plus, I don't sit on my ass and stare at my computer all day,

That's nice.

For me, every day is a variation of the same thing, I'm not the boss (although I have a big office and people leave me alone), and nothing funny happens ever. Also, I sit on my ass and stare at my computer all day.

Guest Letsgo_7_7
What made you want to be a lawyer?

Parents expectations/pressuring me to do something in a career they approved of.

re you the blood sucking type or the kind that sits in an office all day doing paperwork?

Paperwork. And not even exciting paperwork, I work at a bank/stock brokerage and its all pretty dry.

Is that where you thought you would end up?

Yes

Is there ever a cathartic moment? Of existential crisis- staring at that little disgusting whelp, when you realize that this is all there is?

Well, I don't stare at any disgusting whelps, but pretty much every day I realize that this is all there is.

I know you will love this, I have thought about being a dog trainer, possibly teaching teachers (which is a variation, I suppose), and possibly a mailman. I don't know. I may teach forever, if I don't get bored. But my life has always been sort of transitory, so change seems almost inevitable. I am extremely uncomfortable with stagnation. If I feel like I have become ineffective, I will have to do something else whether I like it or not. That's how I ended up being a teacher.

Guest Letsgo_7_7

LOL ya frex, you told me you were thinking of being a mailman. Hey, I'm not gonna hate on that. I'm sorta drunk now (finally), so it's just honesty from me until I pass out (no trolling). Funny you mention your transitory lifestyle... I feel like I've always been the opposite. Trying to be the over-achiever/person who did everything in HS (yes, you know the type, I was that person, really annoying, I know, sorry :(, then college, then no break before going to law school, working throughout law school and breaks at banks or brokerages or other companies. Then right into work. I think I spent about 20 minutes today at work looking out my window at the steam coming out of the vents on the roof of the building across the street.

What I always wanted to do growing up was go to an elite conservatory (like Curtis or Eastman) and become a concert pianist. LOL.

I would've never mad eit.

Guest Letsgo_7_7

OH jesus. That's pretty weak dude.

So drink by yourself. Heck, I do it like 4 nights a week, whats the big Fn deal?

drinking alone is fine with me. otherwise, i would have to share this bottle, and then i would need two bottles to get drunk. see, jacob has somebody, so he's just bored. amanda and i are alone, so we're just lonely. i have $500 worth of new video games and a new kickass video card. i wont be bored for like a year or two.

god, this pizza is good. AND i don't have to share it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.