WrestleMania 40

Metropolis

Holy crap I seriously thought Dean Ambrose was coming out when the Shield music hit. And I get the feeling Austin wasn’t able to make it/get a deal done so Taker was plan B.

How about Samantha Irvin barely able to get out the Cody win announcement through her own tears? The emotions ran high and authentic for Cody. Great way to end the night. 

6 hours ago, Lord Darth Hunter said:

Holy crap I seriously thought Dean Ambrose was coming out when the Shield music hit. And I get the feeling Austin wasn’t able to make it/get a deal done so Taker was plan B.

How about Samantha Irvin barely able to get out the Cody win announcement through her own tears? The emotions ran high and authentic for Cody. Great way to end the night. 

When the Shield's music hit you could tell the crowd thought it was Ambrose. That's the downside to be a "smart" fan. You knew it was Seth because you knew Moxley was still under contract with AEW. Fun moment though.

17 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

Yeah it should’ve been Austin in that spot

Taker wrestled Reigns so I guess it made more sense from that perspective.  Regardless, I thought the surprise drop-in spots were lame.  I wanted to see a bit more wrestling from everyone than just a spot. 

Speaking of spots, Cena needs to tend to that bald spot.  He kept combing his hair back with his hand so I know he is self-conscience.  

I don't get the whole Cody appeal and I was pulling for Reigns.

R Truth getting his was my favorite part of the two nights. 

I think the end was pretty amazing storytelling really. What worked well is that really none of the guys who came down to help Cody did anything to Roman. They just stopped the Bloodline from cheating on Roman's behalf. So Cody's win is essentially clean. 

Also him losing because he just can't let go of Seth turning on the Shield all those years ago is amazing.JUst before hitting him with the chair he says to Seth. "You took something from me I can never get back" and "You are why Im like this". He jsut can't get over that betrayal from Seth. Really cool, long running storytelling. 

3 hours ago, The Choc said:

Also him losing because he just can't let go of Seth turning on the Shield all those years ago is amazing.JUst before hitting him with the chair he says to Seth. "You took something from me I can never get back" and "You are why Im like this". He jsut can't get over that betrayal from Seth. Really cool, long running storytelling. 

That was amazing. The beauty of a story that comes full circle 10 years later.

It also worked not just because of what you said that they came in to stop The Bloodline from cheating, but also because they weren’t just random baby faces coming to the rescue. They had their own pasts with The Bloodline. Jey and Jimmy had just gone at it. Solo Sikoa had hung his hat on having beaten Cena. And Undertaker had his own major feuds with Yokozuna and Rikishi and Haku years ago. (Had Austin come out, well we all remember that Rikishi ran him over with the car way back when.)

On 4/7/2024 at 1:20 PM, Lord Darth Hunter said:

Also, someone in creative REALLY got into Rocky III because of the show being in Philly I guess. Last week Sami gave the “I’m afraid!” speech that Rocky gave to Adrian on the beach. Then last night before the match Chad Gable told Sami after it’s over he’ll owe him a huge favor, like Apollo did to Rocky after training him for his rematch with Clubber Lang. And finally during the match, Corey Graves  commented that Sami fights great but Gunther is a great fighter, another line said by Apollo at the end of Rocky III.

Sami's t-shirt tonight on Raw

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.