The Acolyte

Tank

2 hours ago, The Choc said:

I just dont get the whole knife thing. I mean people still have to like cut food and stuff like that, right? I don't think average people are using mini lightsabers to cut up their Life Day dinner. As for boats, we basically see a boat in TPM. It's essentially a submarine but close enough. 

Anakin and Padme used a gondola on Naboo in AOTC. So I get it. It seems petty to be nitpicking over these details. Maybe it’s because the way they are used. On Naboo it felt like a recreational activity on a planet where aesthetics were important. So a gondola ride there didn’t look as weird as a pirate ship in the Mandalorian. I guess Tank said it best. It’s absurd, but it also makes sense. :lol:

The tv shows have been hit or miss for me. Andor was tremendous. Obi Wan was very entertaining. Mando has had it's moments and overall been good. Ahsoka and Fett not so much. 

Agreed, although I think I enjoyed Mando more than you did.  The thing about Acolyte's preview it just seems like more of the same from Ahsoka.  That is why I wasn't overly impressed.  I hope it is good, though, and I would love to see them explore Sith lore and history.  I think that is something, at least on screen, that hasn't been explored too much.  One thing I will say is that I think they should have gone further in the past, like outside Yoda's lifetime, that way they are forced to not have legacy characters.  I just have a bad feeling they will include Yoda in there somehow, and quite frankly I have had enough of Yoda.   

In TPM, wasn't there a line from ObiWan about being sitting ducks and all of a sudden people were arguing if ducks were in the SW universe.

Anywho, this is the movie/ series I have been the most excited for since Disney took over.  My hope is that I have been so disappointed recently, hopefully it will temper my expectations. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/23/2024 at 11:31 AM, Zathras said:

I just have a bad feeling they will include Yoda in there somehow, and quite frankly I have had enough of Yoda.   

I know people have grown tired of him and I understand the why behind the Yoda hate.   However, Yoda has always not only been my favorite Star Wars character, but possibly favorite character in all of fiction.  I think his ego leading to the downfall of the Jedi makes the character all the more interesting. 

I am all for more Yoda as long as his inclusion moves the story forward, isn't a forced cameo, AND the writers actually understand Yoda (I am looking at you Rian Johnson). 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.